ATTN: Greenpixie Re: Vitex and spotting.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hey I posted this on Kimmie's sight too, but I have been researching Vitex online. I found somethings saying if the dose is too high you can experience spotting...have you been taking it since you started ttc? I was just wondering since that is when you said the spotting started, when you started ttc right? Try lowering your dose. Also if you want info type in Vitex side effects in google and/or vitex spotting. God bless and baby dust!!!! =D

P.S. How large/small of a dose are you taking?
Thanks for the info.  I will look into it.  I started taking Vitex in my 2nd cycle of TTC. I take about 25-50 drops per day.  I am going to cut back now b/c it seems to be in my system good.  I don't think that's what is causing the spotting b/c I had it the worst (6 days!!!) during my first cycle and I was not taking it then.  Thanks again though, I have had a hard time finding out any negative things about Vitex.  Most everything I read about it is positive. By the way, my e-mail account has been totally messed up so yahoo has not been letting me post lately.  I have been following what's going on with you and I'm so sorry AF showed up.  It sounds like you may be experiencing some weird spotting stuff too, huh?  Hopefully this will all pass and we'll both get our BFPs very, very soon.!
well i looked it up because i started taking the pills a couple days a go with the new cycle and see what happens. How many mgs is 25-50 drops? God bless and baby dust!! =D
not sure how many mgs.  I just follow the package instructions.  I get mine from red moon herbs, which I understand to be very reputable.  I've heard that tincture form is best, but I've read of some women who have had success with the tablets too.  I'll keep with the tincture just b/c I know it works for me.