Abnormal Discharge (and lots of it)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Abnormal Discharge (and lots of it)

I am a 27 year old healthy woman. Not using any form of contraceptive (my boyfriend had a vasectomy and I already have 1 child)

My pap smear came back abnormal a couple weeks ago for the 2nd time in a year.

I am having some major abonormal discharge that I have never experienced before, it is white and solid (like cottage cheese), with no smell.

I know some discharge is normal but there is a HUGE amount of it.

I've never had a yeast infection before, but I have no itching, burning or dicomfort so I'm not sure that's what it could be.

Should I be worried about this? Any input would be apprecited as with the abnormal pap smear, this is really freaking me out.
I forgot to mention that while I do get my periods every month, they have been coming about 2-3 days earlier every month. At the beginning of the year, my regular start date was around the 30th of each month, now I'm down to the 9th (last month) and if all follows suit, I expect to have it by the 7th of next month. They have also been alot heavier, shorter and more painful than usual...

"cottage cheese" is the standard description for discharge when you have a yeast infection.  I don't know why you don't have itching yet, but it can't be far behind.

Don't worry - you just need to use some kind of Monistat or try douching with vinegar/water douches.

It occured to me today that my 'discharge' is not really coming out on it's own, it doesn't show up on my panties but after having sex, my boyfriend's penis was covered in it. Is this still considered 'discharge'?
I would like to thank everyone for their help today. I got some very useful information and now feel a lot better about my condition, these things can be pretty scary.

I just happened on this site by accident while browsing for info today and it is fantastic, I can't believe how quickly I got the advice I was looking for. Will definitely recommend to all my friends.
When I have had yeast infections the discharge does not come out in my panties - it's just inside, exactly as you are describing.  Definitely sounds like a yeast infection now.
is the discharge just kind of "sitting" in there. like if you took a mirror and opened your vaginal lips is it all white, gooey discharge? does sound like a yeast infection. no burning? redness? irritation? itching? those usually accompany a yest infection. i know things feel swollen down there/thick when i have one. try the 7 day monistat but you do need to be 100% certain it is indeed a yeast infection.
What was the deal with the abnormal Pap? Has your Dr. offered an explanation as to why it is abnormal and what will be done about it? I had an Ab. Pap some years ago and had to have Chryosurgery. Just wondering if whatever is causing the pap to be abnormal is also the source of the discharge. Also, since it was abnormal, you really should contact your doc and tell him/her about the discharge. Good Luck!