Abnormal Periods, is the only answer BC?
I have always had abnormal periods, with the possibility that I have PCOS and the doctor has always just said that I should take birth control pills to regulate it. They do work very well however, I am married now and would like to start trying to get pregnant sometime soon but while on BC I don't even have the option of it happening. I am wondering if there are other options than BC that could allow me to still get pregnant. My periods aren't just abnormal, my last one lasted for a month and a half, and VERY heavy. Please help!

First of all, you should get investigated for PCOS and if it is confirmed then you should start the treatment for it. Diagnostic tests are 2 hr GTT,serum androgen and testosterone levels,LH-FSH ratio,prolactin levels,TSH levels,17-hydroxyprogesterone levels  and 3D ultrasound done.

One of the most effective treatments is use of contraceptive pills or progesterone pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Try losing weight as it helps a lot to normalize menstruation. Try conceiving between 8-21 days of your cycle as it is fertile period. You may also try a pelvic laparoscopy to treat anovualtion if you don`t ovulate.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.