Abnormal Vaginal Discharge after Birth
I gave birth to my daughter, Ashlee, on Feb. 3rd via planned c-section(due to complications w/1st pregnancy)she will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. I'll give you the background before my question - at the bottom

I bled for a few weeks after(about 4 weeks),and then quit as expected. About a week later, I started bleeding, and thought it was the start of a period. However, it only lasted the one day, so I attributed it to the normal discharge after pregnancy.  

Monday, I had discharge that I figured was normal EWCM, however, there was a ton. I have never had that much before. It was also thicker than normal, like the thicker part of an eggwhite, and there was so much it was like you took 2 eggs and took the yolk out and poured it all out of me at once(TMI, sorry!). That seems quite excessive to me. I still have more mucus coming out, although very thin. It is odorless and clear/slightly cloudy.

Well, Tuesday, I had my follow up appointment at my OBGYN--a full PAP.  He said everything looked fine. I did not mention the discharge because it had almost went away, and the doctor said everything looked fine.    

That does not worry me as much as what happened last night. I had some tissue pass vaginally. It was about the size of a lima bean and flesh colored and appeared to be blood streaked. I have no idea what this would be from. Is this normal nearly 8 weeks post-partum? Should I call the doctor even though just two days ago he said everything was fine. I am still awaiting my PAP results. So far today, I have not had anything else pass.

I appreciate your help. Amanda
I definately should go see the doctor. I'm not sure whether you were able to keep the clot but if you have anymore big clots keep it in a zip lock bag for doc to inspect. Doc will most likely send it to the lab for tests.  That's wierd that it is flesh colored.  Are you cramping? or feel any discomfort? I know when I had my DS they told me to keep any clots greater than the size of a penny for inspection.
Are you cramping or anything?  When I had my c-section with Kaleb, I had similar issues, and they suspected that some of the placenta had been inadvertantly left inside the uterus.  This is not unheard of with a section.  
It is important to get it checked, especially if you have cramps, etc..because it can lead to infection.
However, with no cramping, maybe you passed it, and that's it.
I would say that it at least merited a call to your OB.
Let us know...H
Hmmm...it reminded me of placenta, so that makes me wonder.  I called the doctors office and am waiting for a call back.  

i am so glad you got answers (in such a timely manner!!) sounds like it makes a whole lot of sense and now you can relax.
They actually called me back in about 5 minutes...that is unheard of.  LOL

The doctor said that everything is fine.  This is what is known as a dissidual cast.  Sometimes it takes 6-8 weeks to expel everything, and that was what happened.  It is just the rest of the lining shedding, and nothing to worry about.  

And no, I have not had any cramping or anything.  I feel better than I did before I got pregnant.  As weird as that might sound.  LOL

Thank you for your help.  

Amanda
Thank you all for your comments.

Jo -- the reason I stay busy is because it keeps the time flying by quickly.  It think if I stopped for too long, I would fall apart.  Without Ray here for the rest of the year, it is hard, but I am making it.  That is why I just go go go.  LOL  

I have my down times though. Like right now. lol  Although it is time to get busy cooking supper.  yum..

Gotta go!

Amanda
Welcome back!  I was just thinking we haven't heard from you in
a while.  Been on vacation or just busy?
As usual, I am a day late and a dollar short.LOL But I did want to tell you that I am glad that you are fine now and that the doc was SOoooo terrific! Pretty cool! I was gonna tell you taht the placenta is actually the color of, well, like a liver. Deep, DARK red, almost black. So I didn't think it was a piece of the placenta since you said it was flesh colored.
Well, it sounds like the doc cleared it up for you and gave a clear explanation. And so glad that you are feeling better than ever, especially as ACTIVE as you were just after she was born. The rest of us would be lazing around the house, but not you, you were out shopping, going to movies dinner and dancin.. You have MORE energy than anyone I know!
But I digress.. LOL
*hugs* J
hi, I'm only 18- never had sexual intercourse let alone having a baby
but last night I also had a bean-sized piece of flesh pass through.
It kinda worries me, should I go see my doctor?
hi my girl is 10weeks now and i am have this gross brown discharge it comes and goes but the doc says its normal?? i dont feel normal can someone please healp?
hi, my daughter is 4months old and i have this gross brown jelly like discharge, i dont know if its normal course it started last month,
it worries me bigtime