Absent period, not pregnant.
Hi, I was just hoping for a little advice.

I'm 22. My periods have been regular since march (I came off the pill late last year due to terrible mood swings and were regular before being on the pill).
However I missed my period completely in September, had my period 15th October and now.... nothing. I have done the obvious, pregnancy tests etc and went to doctors where I had blood tests (thyroid, hormone levels, anemia, rubella etc) but all came back fine, except the rubella - I am visiting nurse today for the MMR jab.

I did ask my Dr at the time, what I should do if all tests where fine and he said it's 'just one of those things'.
I also asked if it could be due to me being on the pill previously, but he said no.

My question really is, how long shall i give it to expect a period? Is there anything else I can ask for to investigate it further? I know they say stress can cause it to be delayed, but I don't think i've been too bad...

I just want an answer really as to why they've just started becoming absent, and I don't want to find there was an underlying problem a year on.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Thanks and Merry Xmas,

Sarah
I had same problem and there was no particular reason... I've been told it might be weight loss/gain causing that...eating irregular, stress etc.so unfortunately I can't give you a straight answer all I know is that in my case I had my period back after almost 10 months...