Aa
A
A
Close
Absent period, not pregnant.
Hi, I was just hoping for a little advice.

I'm 22. My periods have been regular since march (I came off the pill late last year due to terrible mood swings and were regular before being on the pill).
However I missed my period completely in September, had my period 15th October and now.... nothing. I have done the obvious, pregnancy tests etc and went to doctors where I had blood tests (thyroid, hormone levels, anemia, rubella etc) but all came back fine, except the rubella - I am visiting nurse today for the MMR jab.

I did ask my Dr at the time, what I should do if all tests where fine and he said it's 'just one of those things'.
I also asked if it could be due to me being on the pill previously, but he said no.

My question really is, how long shall i give it to expect a period? Is there anything else I can ask for to investigate it further? I know they say stress can cause it to be delayed, but I don't think i've been too bad...

I just want an answer really as to why they've just started becoming absent, and I don't want to find there was an underlying problem a year on.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Thanks and Merry Xmas,

Sarah
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had same problem and there was no particular reason... I've been told it might be weight loss/gain causing that...eating irregular, stress etc.so unfortunately I can't give you a straight answer all I know is that in my case I had my period back after almost 10 months...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
740516 tn?1360946086
Blank
AppleBr commented on 10356's status
32 mins ago
2020005 tn?1464196836
Blank
KTowne Hellllo 17 weeks! :) Comment
2 hrs ago
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
3 hrs ago
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Top Women's Health Answerers
Women's Health Community Resources