Aching hips/thighs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Aching hips/thighs

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but here goes.
I have been suffering with various aches and pains for the last 3 months. Firstly, I have a deep ache in my hips that radiates to my thighs. This started as occasional but is now constantly there. The only thing that helps is heat. ibruprofen, paracetomol etc don't touch it. I have NO problems walking or putting weight on either hip. It doesn't hurt to touch them and they are not stiff - it is literally just a deep constant ache. Obviously i'm not in agony but it is bad enough to make me feel very depressed.

I also get a frequent crampy pain in my right side (not my back or stomach - right on my side just above my right hip). This particular pain has been there for about 2 and a half years off and on.

I have also had occasional cramps in my lower back.

I have also had occasional episodes of what I can only describe as an agonising intense cramp feeling in my lower back, sides and lower abdomen that feels almost as if my insides are being squashed. This typically comes out of nowhere and the agony lasts about 2-5 minutes, before it "releases" and the pain diminishes altogether about 15-20 minutes afterwards. During those first 2-5 minutes I always have nausea, light-headedness and feel very hot. I have noticed the pain is worse if I happen to be hungry.

I have also had some very sharp shooting pains in my lower abdomen, rectum and vagina. The pain is extremely sharp and often takes my breath away but only lasts a second or so but tends to reccur every minute or so for about half an hour. Nothing in particular seems to trigger or aggravate it.

The last week or so I have also had a lot of stomach aches. I have been to the doctor who told me to do some exercises - I then saw a different GP who referred me to a consultant gyno who I will be seeing after the new year.

I've had a urine test but no results have come back to me yet so I am assuming there is no infection.

I have also noticed recently i've been feeling very emotional - crying a lot and feeling very irritable.

A little background: I had an ectopic pregnancy 3 years ago. They managed to save my tube. I started getting the pain in my right side and had a laparoscopy, in which they found a couple of adhesions and "miniscule endemetriosis". I had a terrible time getting my periods back to normal and finally found that the Marvelon pill worked for me and all my period pain practically vanished until about 3 months ago which is when all this other pain started, too. The last time I saw my Gyno consultant she started talking about getting a coil put in (she doesn't know about the other pain yet as i am seeing her in the new year) but now i'm really worried because thats the last thing I want.

Do you know what this could be? I am so miserable and fed up of being in pain all the time. My doctor doesn't think it's endo as it was so miniscule when they did the laparoscopy 2 years ago.

ANY help or advice would be appreciated. Please help.

Thank you.
Possibly a fibroid or polyp or even ovarian cysts.  Hopefully your obgyn can figure it out, good luck.