Adenomyosis with D&C pathology results
In my past (15 yrs ago?) I have had 2-3 abnormal pap test but with cervical biopsies to follow, all tests were negative.  I am just turning 50 years old and I weigh a heavy 225lbs at 5' 7".
After a 75 day stint(12/12) of bleeding, spotting, clear discharge with brown, passing small clots & irregular and heavy periods, my ob/gyn ordered a pelvic ultrasoun and some blood work to check my hormone levels.  We found out that my hormone (FSH) levels were normal and that I had and enlarged uterus of 12mm.  My doc diagnosed me with adenomyosis. We did a d&c (02/13) and my pathology results were in conclusive.
Pathology Results Endometrium = Focal Eosinophilc Changes with Tubal Metaplasia*
Pathology Results Endocervic = Scant Mucinand Blood with Scatterd Neutrophils*
My ob/gyn suggests a complete hysterectomy, including ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix due to the following facts...
my age, the size of my uterus and the pathological results being inconclusive.  Do you have any thoughts on this decision.  How inconclusive are my results?  Should I have this done just because of my enlarged uterus?
I do take anti-depressants daily and that may help any possible side effects that deal with moodiness.

This discussion is related to Enlarged uterus! Very concerned about results.
Since the biopsy report has shown metaplasia, it needs evaluation. Metaplasia isthe change in the type of adult cells in a tissue to a form abnormal for that tissue. The metaplastic area must be carefully monitored to ensure that dysplastic change does not begin to occur. If there are changes then it indicates malignant cancer and should be removed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.