Aa
A
A
Close
188306 tn?1274136222
After getting a myomectomy, how long Can you have sexual intercourse?
I will be meeting with my OBGYN DR. soon before I get my myomectomy. I will be asking a lot of questions regarding a healthy recovery or what to expect after my surgery. But if anyone already has gone thru a myomectomy can try to help me with answering some of my questions. I understand everyone recovers differently after surgery... Or if possible share some input to anything that can help me on a healthy recovery. Please advice???? I would really appreciate it...
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
188306 tn?1274136222
I ACTUALLY MEANT TO SAY HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOUSE AFTER MY SURGERY?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I'm about to undergo the same procedure and have the same question.  While I would the answer would depend in part on how many fibroids are removed and if there are complications, a general time range would be helpful to know.  Thank you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i have had a myoectomey and i was told 6-8 weeks the same as after having a c-section.  

You won't want to have sex for a while after it has happened, you will be too sore and tired .  At least i was.

Good luck.

MEL
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i was told two weeks///
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had a myomectomy 5 weeks ago.  The Doctor suggested that I could have intercourse after 6 weeks but if I could wait 8 weeks would it be better.  Also, he said that sex might be a bit painful, as when you orgasm, the muscle of your uterious could be still feel weak.   Have protection too, it is very lucky that you get pregnant and have a miscarriage, as the wall of your womb are still healing.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had my fibriods removed about 4 weeks ago at the age of 28.
I waited after 3 weeks but also noticed that I could not climax. what is the reason for that? Also I had a bladder problem and the doctor prescribed norfloxacin for it and it worked well so far. All you guys who have written on this blog i want to say thank you. Atleast i am not the only one out there.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i had a mayo 3 weeks ago when should i expect to get pregnant and how long of a waiting period should i wait before having sex?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1217293 tn?1467357944
Blank
Risa615 commented on Saw the babies again ...
1 hr ago
Blank
jenniferand3 added the Pregnancy Tracker
5 hrs ago
Blank
msmccoy commented on Tired of Genital Burn...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Top Women's Health Answerers
Women's Health Community Resources