Women's Health Community
After getting a myomectomy, how long Can you have sexual intercourse?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

After getting a myomectomy, how long Can you have sexual intercourse?

I will be meeting with my OBGYN DR. soon before I get my myomectomy. I will be asking a lot of questions regarding a healthy recovery or what to expect after my surgery. But if anyone already has gone thru a myomectomy can try to help me with answering some of my questions. I understand everyone recovers differently after surgery... Or if possible share some input to anything that can help me on a healthy recovery. Please advice???? I would really appreciate it...
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
188306_tn?1274136222
I ACTUALLY MEANT TO SAY HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOUSE AFTER MY SURGERY?
Blank
I'm about to undergo the same procedure and have the same question.  While I would the answer would depend in part on how many fibroids are removed and if there are complications, a general time range would be helpful to know.  Thank you.
Blank
i have had a myoectomey and i was told 6-8 weeks the same as after having a c-section.  

You won't want to have sex for a while after it has happened, you will be too sore and tired .  At least i was.

Good luck.

MEL
Blank
i was told two weeks///
Blank
I had a myomectomy 5 weeks ago.  The Doctor suggested that I could have intercourse after 6 weeks but if I could wait 8 weeks would it be better.  Also, he said that sex might be a bit painful, as when you orgasm, the muscle of your uterious could be still feel weak.   Have protection too, it is very lucky that you get pregnant and have a miscarriage, as the wall of your womb are still healing.
Blank
I had my fibriods removed about 4 weeks ago at the age of 28.
I waited after 3 weeks but also noticed that I could not climax. what is the reason for that? Also I had a bladder problem and the doctor prescribed norfloxacin for it and it worked well so far. All you guys who have written on this blog i want to say thank you. Atleast i am not the only one out there.
Blank
i had a mayo 3 weeks ago when should i expect to get pregnant and how long of a waiting period should i wait before having sex?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...