Air/Gas bubbles in the vagina?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Air/Gas bubbles in the vagina?

Over the last few months I've found that I've become uncomfortable - for some strange reason, it feels like there are air or gas bubbles sitting in my vaginal canal. I am 22 and only 'active' with myself currently. I have not gained or lost any weight or had any other health concerns.

Simply, one day when I went to bed I realised I felt uncomfortable, like there was a small air or  gas bubble inside my vagina, only 3-4 inches in. I try to shift around and nothing happens, and I've even tried to open my canal with my fingers and nothing happens. Sometimes it's hardly there and I'm able to ignore it, other times it drives me utterly insane with the strange feeling. There is no pain, but it just feels incredibly wrong. It seems to grow a bit more persistant before my period (I've been on the pill for 8 years), and is really not noticeable during.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on how to relive this discomfort, I would greatly appreciate it. I've got a doctor's appointment scheduled late next month, but it's incredibly frustrating to feel like you've got a gas bubble stuck in there while you're trying to settle in to sleep. There is only a slight occasional odor, nothing more than normal, I tend to get minor yeast infections every 6 months or so, though I haven't had one since the summer. No discharge to make note of, either. I do have a dairy allergy so I can be gassy, is it simply possible that when I fart the gas bubble somehow travels up into my vagina and lodges in there?
I doubt it would lodge there,lol....Ive never heard of that before...but gas is just that...gas....it doesnt lodge itself anywhere...I can only say ask your dr. or call an advice nurse.sorry not of more help
I've wound up too with the mystery air bubble "up there".  Why it's there I don't know.  But I can connect with your situation.  It always seems to happen to me right before my period.
I would talk to your doctor about it if it is causing you a lot of discomfort.  And don't worry about talking to your doctor, I'm sure that they've seen it and heard it all before.
So far, after some research, I've come to the conclusion that it's either air bubbles for some bizarre reason or one of the various malformations of the hymen that can still allow things to pass through, albeit sometimes painfully. I guess I'm just looking for some more research to bring to my doctor unless she can just take a look at it and tell me the problem right away, which I figure will be the case.
Oh goodness, I can't stop laughing.... I know what you mean about the air bubbles, and they should come out... lol. It's called a 'quief' when it comes out that end. *blush*. I used to get them sometimes before I had my period too, and well, when AF came around, so did the bubbles.
hehe, K, my eyes are watering... I got my giggles for the day.
:-)
i ACTUALLY thought that "term" was one my husband and his old college buddies made up!! who knew that it was universal! LOL. i remember them talking about it/making jokes because a girl one of the guys was dating always passed gas through her vagina when they were intimate. oh the maturity of men...
now, im being totally honest and really dont know but here it goes..
doesnt it really come out of our back ends and sort of "travel" up (maybe based on how we are sitting..) and "feel" as if its coming out the vagina? or is the air truely coming out of there?
isnt womanhood wonderful?
LMBO I too have heard the phrase that Jenni mentioned. The first time I heard it I as 17 so it's been around a LONG time. Anyways, women can actually pass air from there but it is usually just air that has been pushed up from the outside. Like during intercourse or even while placing a tampon. Forces a bit of air inside. I do want to say though that women who are pregnant should be very careful to avoid this. Do not allow your partner to "blow" air inside of you or force air up inside if at all possible. It can cause an embolizm and harm the pregnancy. I know it is strange advice and most are probably chuckling because they either can't imagine what I am talking about or chuckling because that know exactly what I'm talking about. I actually had a doctor tell me this during my first pregnancy and I thought he was a perverted nutjob. Then I read about it in one of those pregnancy books as well. So there ya go, WAY too much information.LOL
--J
Lol, I think every woman experiences this at one point or another. Try this when you feel air in der: Lay on your back and lift your legs up to the ceiling and then back over your head (sounds weird, but its really simple.) This seems to contract the uterus and force the air out. Do this alone or your partner will think you are farting. It is helpful after sex if you find your partner "shoves air into you". Hope this is of insight.
oh man this is going to sound silly
but i realize if i lift my legs high in the air..including but..the air released..how did i discover this?...uh..i like to work out..yoga anything...lol...it works..try it
I would take a nice warm/hot bath, just to relax and see what happends.
I normally get that when my af is on the way.
I do connect with your feeling of how uncomfortable the vaginal bubbles are.   THIS IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH quif. Its totally different. Vaginal farting, is not what Sely is talking about.  It could be Gardnerella Vaginosis.  My OYG didn't say anything when I asked her what it was during an exame. I am going back to my family doctor.  I also have been tests for STD's and all are negative.  

Goggling this problem comes up with many diffeent answers,
Karin
well i get air bubbles right after sex when we do it doggy style
i get this, i just have to manipulate my hips anlegs etc and clench my muscles to get it out haha
maybe yer vaginal head is taking in some air in advance when it gets a good ramming and needs to come back up for air... simliar to when we r swimming and our lungs act like this... but in all fairness....

Perhaps you are fanny twitching in the middle of the night having night terrors except they are ten minute unconcious fantasies of gulping in and out...

Unless when yer doing yerself lube that yer using is coming out up to ten hrs later making ickle twickle bubblies... similar as some women do before and arounf the time of ovulation..

The other thing i would suggest is that you have a water infection in your tubes called hydrosaylphinx - detected by a laperoscopy only!

happy air bubbling :)

x
I as well experience this. It could be from several causes; In My research I've learned that the likely culprit is caused by pelvic floor disfunction, "possibly" caused by child bearing. It could also be some sort of infection, malformation, or even cancer. Whether You have, or have never had sex or givin birth, it's better to be on the safe side, even if it's not painful or accompanied by an oder, and GO SEE A GYN.
I have this too. I have had it for 3+ years and my gyn has no idea what I am talking about. Then I went to a clinic and they were stumped as well. It is not from sex, farting, is not a "queef", etc. It does get worse before my period and is horribly annoying. I have tried natural duesches (sp?) to no avail. It is very frustrating.
Wow thanks for this post, i've had this for several years as well, i've always had them since i was a child i use to think they were funny and use to force them out, i'd usually get them after not bathing... hadn't had any since childhood and then when i was helping a friend move one day, i held my urine for at least 10 hours, yeah i know horrible lol.. that mixed with the workout from moving i guess caused my vagina some diffculties.. i've had them ever since in the past year not so bad...i always clinch my muscles or wiggly around to pop them.. 95% of the times it works i've had a few stubborn ones lol.. i really cant tell you how happy i am to find this thread, when i first got them i googled and googled to no avail... FINALLY someone who knows what i mean and it appears common to...
maybe a fistlula?google it
I also get this and I'm 17. I've read all of your guy's comment and I was just woundering if it was normal for a virgin to experiance this?
i watch talk sex with sue, and she says you shouldnt duesche. she said the vagina will cleanse itself. but i too get the air bubbles nad like some of the other people said it works if you lift your legs in the air and contract your stomach muscles. i just want to know if its normal to have the bubbles or if i should be concerned.
Sounds to me like bacterial vaginosis.  I have had this off & on for years, and it has been very stubborn the last nearly two years now.  I always get the bubbles, especially when I sit on the throne, which is how I found this thread.

The good news is, there are natural treatments like Fermalac, a yogurt (good bacteria) vaginal suppository, and I have also seen oral tablets in a local drugstore, which I haven't tried just yet... but it's around $40 for either one, for about a month's supply.  Good luck.

And yes, it is different from a queef, I know about those too.
I have experienced the same problems for two years.  Sometimes it actually sounds like a fart.  I have gone through numerous tests and the doctors still don't know why this is happening.  My also gets worse before my period.  I wonder what the correlation is to the monthly period.  If anyone has tried something that has helped to get rid of this problem  please post
its trich or bv...i had it and had to go to several different docs. get flaygl!!!
I had the same problem when I was 9 and my mom brought me into the doctor and the doctor said I had a hernia and I went to get a sugery done to get it removed. SO you shuold go to the doctor. I know it sounds weird that it was a hernia but you should get it checked out
Finally after reading all of these comments I can put my mind at ease. I have experienced these bubbles for almost 10 years! Almost every night I have to sit up in bed and squeeze them out like I'm giving birth to a child. My boyfriend is sound asleep while I sit there sometimes for an hour pushing these things out. Any how I really appreciate everyone expressing their frustrations and what their remedy is for fixing these annoying bubbles. I too have talked to my doctor and got the most bizzare look when explaining it. I think the most frustrating part is when you lay back and your pretty much exhausted from moving your pelvic region every which way, you get another one that starts climbing up and you find yourself having to sit up and do the whole process again. Being a woman is so much fun!
to liz415
we r in same boat. it same with me when we go doggie style.
The only thing I can think of is that this used to happen to me, and I think that it happens close to your period because the shifting if the ovaries getting ready to have a period creates some sort of suction causing you to feel like there is air in you vagina. This used to happen to me often, but I figured out a way that helps me. THis is the same reason women queef. Usually what i do is lay down on my back and you can either bend your knees up with you feet on the floor or just have you legs straight out, and then you act like you are going to try and stand up only using your stomach muscles with your hands out in front of you and that seems to get the air out for me. You can almost feel it kind of coming out, and can even give it a little push.

Also the reason this could be happening to you is because you are your only "action" right now. What is happening is when you orgasm your vagina does a suction motion, and if there is nothing in there, it ***** air in causing you to feel the air bubbles. After you are done you should try doing this motion I told you, I think it will help.

Hope this is helpful :)
I also experiencing it most of the time and it really made me so uncomfortable. is there a real doctor out there? to explain what this all about?  
I am telling everyone get FLAGYL...IT TAKES IT AWAY !!!
Hi there, how funny i thought i was the only one that happends to, i  just want to get under the sheets when it happends likely my husband is very understanding he dosent really care, i like it doggie style but i try to avoid it becasue of that reason.

thanks alot for your comments to every one very helpful
I just started having the air bubbles about two weeks ago and it is very, very irritating.  It is different from queef and it is uncomfortable.  As a matter of fact, I have one right now that I am trying squeeze out...lol :-)    I am glad to see this forum because I was beginning to think that something was seriously wrong.  I just changed birth control pills last month and was wondering if the two were connected?  At any rate I have made a doctor's appointment to find out.
i started to have these "bubbles" about a month ago, i had never noticed them before and they were soo annoying.. anyways, i found out my boyfriend was cheeting on me so of course i went in for the "check up" and before anything was swabbed or pee'd into i metioned this to my doctor and he knew exactly what i was talking about. 2 days later the test confirmed i had clamydia (chlamydia), i guess the bacteria lets out some gas "in there" that will join up and eventually come out.  so i would definently say go get tested for std's, even if your a virgin.. you can get that STD from oral sex too. VERY SCARY!!  be safe!
i noticed i was getting these bubbles also, except mine was clamydia (chlamydia). i was very lucky i caught it before any major damage was done... apperantly the bacteria lets off a gas and they'll bunch up up and eventually come out. its important to get screened for std's every once and a while cuz theres not always symptoms and you can get clamydia (chlamydia) from oral sex as well as vaginal and anal sex. so virgins aren't exempt. be careful!!!!!!!!  i was with my ex boyfriend for a year and this was a suprise to me, i dont know how long i had it for... and how many other girls got it from my ex!
I have the same problem for about a week and the confusing thing is that I am a doctor..When I was 15 years old I started to fart out gas out of my vajina by using my hip and stomach mucsles(as a fun) and I did it until I was 23.I stopped doing it 2 years ago and ıt happened very rarely but since last week it started to became spontenously.Its really so frustrating and increases when you are anxious??I think its correlated both with your pelvic disfunction(you create this unluckily) and your mens periods  but how ???My theory:) is that When you start to fart gas out of your vagina once,you make it impossible for your  abdomen part (we say abdomen to stomach)to resist the pressures and grow up and once you give up your strange habit,the body one time starts the leakage of these gas and bubbles ..but near the anatomic disfunction,ıts connected with hormones strongly(especially  with anxiety and sex hormones).İts connection with AF reminds me the pelvic pain before mens which is together with anxiety .and sex hormones and pelvic function.Because I experienced that when there is more gas output,you feel less pain before mens..it seems that this  strange gas leakage will disturb many girls like me..I am so determined to find the mechanism and will search this alot.. I If any doctor read this and find a treatment or curious to search this more,please connect me because I really want to find an answer and have alot of experience to share.This  problem seems so easy but someone not living this cant know(ıt directly effects your life,mood and pyschology)I dont know how I will bear this trouble but its certain that medicine needs new searchs for treatment of this because it starts to became very common in girls.
Hi, I'm a virgin, and I've had this before to, and usually I would just wriggle aroud a bit and it would "pop" LOL. Today however, I got a bubble and it's really persitant. It's the first time I've had one like this..... I've tried pushing and stretching but it's still there.... Also as from yesterday evening I've been experiencing a slight itching.... Can someone give me any advice please =]

Thx in advanced
I had this.(I had a baby 3 months ago via c-section so my system may be a bit off) I went to the doctor to find it was a bacterial infection. Best thing to do is go to your ob/gyn to get a culture done and get on antibiotics before any harm is done.
oh thank god im not the only one i have had this from about the age of 14 or 15 its so annoying and uncomfortable and no matter how u sit or move around or try to get it out nothing works ( maybe for like a sec or two but then its back) and for what ever reason it gets worse at night time for me anyways its so hard to explain to a doctor so i just gave up trying. its not a quef or whatever it feels like either an air bubble or the walls inside your vagina are sticking together maybe i dont know thats just what it feels like for me i was afraid i was the only one out there that had this problem i have that obnoxious feeling right now :S and it wont go away so if anyine has any sort of answer that would be awesome!
oh and i just wanted to say one last thing being a women has a seriously sucky side although i guess men have there problems they sit up all night googleing and dont tell there wives but some of the **** we have to go through seriously......... sorry had to vent this is so annyoing and i want it to go away :)
just so all you ladies know one this to help prevent this is cotton undies and lose fitting pants for a day or two i have no clue why  it actually makes absolutley no sence to me but the doc told me to try it i did and it worked magically and very effective a couple if it happens one try some cotten undies and loose pants for a couple days
I have this bubble feeling too, it began after I gave birth to my son. I went to the GUM clinic just to rule out B.V, I was told I did not have B.V but the doctor told me that the bubble feeling is quite common post baby and it is a sign of a weakened pelvic floor. She recommended to lose half a stone and to do pelvic floor exercises and if this didn't help to ask the doctor to refer me to a gynacologist at the hospital. I will try the pelvic floor and losing weight bit first and if this doesn't help I will go to the doctor. Hope this is of interest to anybody else worrying about this problem.
I have had this for 14 years, since the birth of my second child.  I have been tested for infections and found I had polyps in my uterus, so after my surgery I thought the problem would disappear but not!  The older I get the worse.  If I sit for a long period of time in certain chairs or have tighter than usual pants on, when I stand up it comes out in force.  Can't stand it but doesn't look like any Doctor will help since they all have different ideas of what it is or they think you are nuts when you mention it.  Same old thing with every women problem.
Well, I dont think it has anything to do with your periods, or just having babies or with sex in any style....becasue I  get it and I am 63 years old, do not have periods and haven't in 40 years, my youngest child is 42 yrs old, and I have not had sex in about 5 years...so now  where is the vaginal bas/air bubble coming from? sometimes I actually feel like i have wet myself when the gas escapes  but then I check, and my underware is dry....But as I sit at my desk, or wherever, I feel this bubble escape through the vagina and just pop and go away....No, I have not told my doctor becasue it sounded too embarrasing for me to tell a male doctor. So, I goggled itand found this blog...very interesting to say the least....I will check back but do think I will definetly try the recommended flagyl....sounds about right to me....
Ya'll are some nasty weirdos. Seriously, who shares this kind of junk with anyone but a Dr.?
Maybe ya'll just need to douche.
I hve this problm . I am 27 and it started only after my child birth. Its beter you talk to the dr about this . I wasnt sure if this occurs oony 2 me or its common , now tat i knw its quiet common, i wud speak
  to my  dr at the earliest .
hey y,all.so what is the gas or bubble thing??should i be concerned??
I have just read about Flagyl (please do your homework before taking a new drug)  read the side effects.  I certainly won't be taking this.  If you suspect you have an infection, go to the drug store or health store and get some Colloidal Silver, take a teaspoonful in water once a day.  It is a natural and extremely safe antibiotic.  If you want to know how wonderful this is, google it!  It is fantastic for all kinds of problems, internally and externally.
I hope you're not serious about the colloidal silver. It will turn your skin blue or gray. Don't even think about taking it!
I think it's caused by child birth, there is a hole or cut between the wall of the vigina (vagina) and rectum due to the tare or cut by the doctor. Several years after I had two children (they were more than 8 lbs, both took me a day to give birth), I have gas in vigina (vagina) each time when I feel I need to have bowel movement. It's uncontrollable and I do not know when the gas comes out, extremely embarrassing.
If you have the problem and you gave birth to your child (children) through vigina (vagina), please ask your doctor if it's possible that it's the communication between the vigina (vagina) and rectum. My doctor actually mailed me a report showing this problem. It happens more in the undeveloped country. But giving birth to big baby could cause the problem in a developed country also.

I am going to seek help from expert and will keep you informed
There is a very thin wall between the uterus and rectum that sometimes gets a leakage after child birth.  Women that have had large babies or many babies can get a little tear.  I just recently started having gas come out my vagina while I was having gas at the other end.   And I wasn't having sex when this was happening.  I had asked my mom if that was normal and she told me about the thin wall between the uterus and rectum.   She had to have her's fixed  a while ago,  She had 5 children.  My babies were 9.5lbs, 10.1lbs and the last 11 lbs.  All were 22 1/2 inches long.   She told me to make a Doc appointment.  I now that I used to get air bubbles during or after sex when I had my uterus.  Oh, yes doggie style was the worse.!!!  I also had a titled uterus. I don't know if that had anything to do with those air bubbles in the vagina.   I haven't had a uterus in 15 years.  Yes, women do have to put up with alot of things!!
Oh come on, be nice, sometimes women just feel more comfortable talking to other women about womanly things and what not. Nobody knows who anybody is on here, so dont be so judgemental. Im sure you have done things that others would think is gross or weird too. So again if you cant say something nice then dont say anything at all
All of these posts and I still don't have a remedy! I have checked out a few websites and it seems in vain. I didn't know this was so common but what is odd that with it being so common that a cure or at least relief isn't more commonly known. There doesn't even seem to be much knowledge of this even existing. Idk,a bit odd. I have it right now and it is driving me nuts! Btw, I don't have kids so it isn't from that.
Gas is most often caused by excessive bacteria particularly when there is no direct contact introducing air.  really important to wash hands with soap and wash your bits after using the toilet - mild baby soap is good as it wont dry or irritate the vagina.  Even if you shower daily the folds of the skin around the vagina wont be clean unless you are very thorough when showering.
Bacteria on the skin can produce pretty nasty smells and when that bacteria is internal can produce excessive gas and asymptomatic infection.  It would be prudent to go to your doc and rule out chlamydia.  If there is no infection present there are other helpful natural aids.
Make sure you drink 2 litres of water daily - bacteria thrive in warm conditions with too little moisture.  Increasing your water intake will favour your bodys friendly bacteria instead.  Cut down on fizzy and very cold drinks.  Have a look at what you eat every day and get nutritional advice if you have tried the above and there is no change.  
Since you are very young - have not had a baby or surgery this problem is less likely to have a physical cause such as a fistula [opening] internally from the anus to the vagina.  If a fistula existed there could be leakage of feces into the vagina as well.  adamin
I'm only noticing Bubbles now in a minor way, because i think I may be pregnant for the first time. I keep hoping it's my period, but it's only air. I hope I'm just having a major bout of PMS, because now is not a good time! But my other experience is: Man is too small and tries to over-compensate with a lot of creative movement... therefore he pushes lots of air in there. Men cannot change their size, and they (hopefully) aim to please... but it's kinda nobody's fault, and he may be used to the "outcome." I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
Well all this talk is more technical than it needs to be I agree it fells nasty .I notice when i have drink milk I get gasy and somtimes the gas travel the wrong way. we are women and more OPEN thean men.
I think the gas just travels up your crevases and out the front expecaily if your sitting down.

Hope this helps
I did tell my doctor about this bubbles phenomenon. He immediately told me that it is caused by bacteria and advised me to use evey 7-10 days a vaginal douche of 1.5 - 2 glasses of water with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.  I use boiled ( and cooled ! ) water, to be on the safe side.
I think it helps a lot , although does not eliminate the bubbles totally.
I get this. I noticed that it was worst right after a shower. I was told by a friend who is an RN that it is pretty common. She said it is the walls of the urethra that are too dry, so they make uncomfortable contact with one another, causing a little friction that feels like an air bubble. It is not really air, but two areas of your vaginal touching, creating a nagging discomfort. You just have to wait it out. I know this sounds weird, but I try to masturbate in order to lubricate the area, and this alleviates it for me. Good thing this is anonymous lol
im 17, a virgin, and never been to a gyno. i used to get the bubbles every once in a while and the longest one i ever had lasted about an hour. but yesterday i got one and it has not gone away yet!! i was up until 6 in the morning last night fidgeting trying to get it away that i forced my self to take nyquil to finally get some sleep. AND ITS STILL THERE!! It is driving me crazy!! Ive read this whole forum and tried all the positions to try and push it out and nothings worked!! PLEASE someone help me! i go to an out of state university and am leaving on sunday so their really isnt time to visit a gyno. please any suggests??!!
Im 18 and just started experienceing something quite like that only i dont ever have to 'squeeze' them out. The air bubbles usually just come out whenever but its really annoying!! I dont know if i should be concerned about this or if its just 'normal' Its different from a 'queef' because u usually hear those air bubbles after sex or during sex. But i can just be walking around and it just come out silently. Along with some milky discharge. :/
whenever u get to whatever school u r going to look up the local health units and make u an appointment there. i have the same problem, but not as bad as you are describing, but i think its just gas. are u normally a gassy person?
Ok so I've never had this air in the vagina problem until recently...during sex and it's embarrassing...how can I make it go away? I don't even want sex now!!!
I am 17 and a virgin and I am having the EXACT same problem as you it's driving me mad
I am so thankful to have found this thread, and to find out that I am in fact NOT alone.  I just thought I was "broken" somehow and how on earth would I ever explain this to a doctor w/o him looking at me like I had lost my mind.  I have no suggestions for anybody out there, but I just wanted to add to the thread to let each of ya know that there is in fact another woman out there just like you!!!!  I have NEVER EVER posted any comment on anything before, and just felt compelled to on this topic for some reason.  I know this is such an embarassing topic, and am so thankful to each and every one of you that have had the courage to post your experiences here, that you gave me the courage to do the same thing.  I do intend to try the lifting the leg suggestion in just a bit.   Sure hope it does the trick, but if not, then it is off to the doctor that I go!!!!  Best of luck ladies, and thank you again each from the bottom of my heart for sharing!!!!!!!!
I have a similar problem, when i have a doggy stile position. I don`t experience any pain during intercourse, but after this i am in pain for whole day. I feel very gassy. I am intense. My whole abdomen hurts! I was in ER once and they didn`t even find anything(I had a CT) I had a fever couple of times. What is it? I have no idea. I don`t have any infections. My Gynecologist looked inside and everything was fine.
Somebody said that it can be leakage from the rectum. I think it is a problem i am having. I had a big child(9 pounds) 14 months ago. I was pushing for 11 hours but finally had a C-section.
health101455 can u tell me how your mother problem with leakage? was fixed? And how they diagnosed that? Ths!
I normally get this after holding my urine for a long time. It feels like the gas is bursting through my vagina even my anal too.  I feel bloated and have a weird pain thingy below my abdomen.  Can't have sex during this time.  If I do I usually squeeze where Ifeel the pain during the intercourse so I won't feel it.  During intercourse it feels like someone is poking u hard with a stick. When the gas finally decides to come out I get an irritating pain in my virgina.  I wish there was a cure for this.
obviously you dont go to an obgyn or youd know that douching causes problems not helps them and its not nasty although some of the comments are i have had this problem myself and when it happens so much and you explain it to your dr and they have no clue what your talking about thats when people turn to places like this i think hoping to find answers and people with the same problem so they dont feel insane and hoping beyond hope that someone has the answer untill you have an issue with your body that no one has an answer for and that issue causes you to be really put out and uncomfortable then you should refrain from making comments about somthing you know nothing about and for the record ladys it is most likely bv as stated by more then a few others i went to the dr told her of the problem she looked at me like i was insane while she was out i started reading flyers in the exam room i had never heard of bv but i asked for the test sure enough i had it i took the pills it went away and so did the feeling of something in the v canal i think that perhaps the symptoms of this should be amended to include this oddity  
hi i am 17 and i have had the same problem for about 8-9 months now i have only just recently gone to the doctors about this bubble problem my mum give it the name  of an aero bubble belly lol but i have had the bubble sensation just like you lot i have read the entire blog and would like to thankyou all i thought i was weird anyway i went to the doctors about these bubbles and i also have  headaches which has nothing to do with the bubbles but ... he put me on some antibiotics for the bubbles while he sent of for test results they didnt work so i went back a week later and told him about my headaches he prescribed me some more antibiotics called (metronidazole) my bubbles have seem to have gone im am just finifhing the course of a 14 tablet course and they havent seemed to be around from about the 3rd day so i would consult your doctors about them tablets but i am also on headache tablets but there more for muscle tension or something like that it got me wondering if they could be loosening muscles in that area or something so ask about them aswell (diclofenac sodium) i hope this is any help to you areo bubble bellys lol if they come back i will be sure to try the methods of sitting in different positions and stuff so thank you very much iv been refered to a specialist in the next 2-3 weeks so if the come back before then i will keep you posted on what the specialist says thank you guys you have been a great confident boost on me not thinking im the only one

thanks xxxxxxxx
hi am 22...

i hve experienced the same bubble trap when i was 12 years.... howevr it aggravated during my higher secondary school days. and believe me i actually fart came out of my vagina wen i was in a class yoga session. OMG!!! it was sooo embarassing. none of my friends seem to hve dat... does dis mean dat my hymen is broken.... i honestly wish it has not. i hve nvr had sex....  but my marriage falls next year... could somebody help pls....
Thanks so much, I will sure try the metronidazole because I am very miserable for two years now.  I try to bend my legs but it is on an off.
Nala
thanks but what if you are walking and can not lay.... and it is not like one big one it is bunches of little ones.... (really red faced)
i do get this sometimes,but only usually when my husband and i make love
Don't want to alarm anyone however, I am doing some research for my girlfriend who is also experiencing there symptoms and came across an article that may or may not be relevant to the underlying pathophysiology as the study was done with CT rather than only sensory reports.

Apparently air in vagina can be an indicator of intrapelvic pathology.

Here is the abstract and link to the article.

http://0-www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.catalog.llu.edu/pubmed/2031804

Acta Radiol. 1991 Mar;32(2):170-3.
Air in vagina. Indicator of intrapelvic pathology on CT.
Hadar H, Kornreich L, Heifetz M, Herskovitz P, Horev G.
Source
Department of Radiology, Shatkai Outpatient Clinic, Israel.

"Computed tomography of the normal female pelvis may show the presence of a tiny air bubble within the vagina. Among 2,800 female abdomino-pelvic CTs, 27 were found to contain large amounts of intravaginal air. Twenty-three patients suffered from pelvic malignancy while in 4, non-tumorous pelvic pathology was present. Detection of air bubbles in the vagina is abnormal and indicates, in the majority of cases, an intrapelvic malignancy."

I have not been able to get the journal online, but will go the my university library to do some more research on the topic. However, my two cents are that it would be more likely that either endogenous or exogenous intravaginal flora are forming gases as a byproduct of their natural metabolism, be it aerobic or anaerobic.
You've been on the pill since you were 14??? Jesus, woman, that's just wrong. I get them too, but they come out. I haven't had sex in years, and I haedly diddle myself. I wonder what it is.
Thank you for sharing.  I too have had this problem for many months.  I am 58 and have been celibate for quite a few years.  It means a lot to many others suffering from something like this that you've all taken the time to share an awkward problem that seems too insignificant to trouble your doctor with.  It creates a nagging worry and discomfort that something must be amiss.  It is logical that gases are created where there is bacteria so having read all the messages left here - I've now made an appointment for a smear test..something I've been putting off for some time now.  It's a process of elimination I think so I'll wait and see what the results of that are first before going into further testing.  However, the posting by "HeresHopin" seems a feasible reason so far and indeed, I hope she's correct.  To anyone reading this forum, I'd suggest biting the bullet, taking down all the information you've read here - and going to see your Doctor to at least eliminate potential causes.  That's what they are there to do. No-one has a definite answer so it's the only course of action for peace of mind.
Can that happen to 16 year old virgins? Ive never wore a tampon or had sex and i still have that um..well...gas build-up is that normal? Im embaressed 8
(
This happens to me right before and during my peroid ... I w inder y ?!
I have the bubble feeling. Yesterday I was diagnosed with a stage 3 cystocele. This is the bladder pushing thru a tear in my vaginal wall. It is also called a prolapsed bladder. Glad that I went to the dr.  This cystocele will require surgery. I have already had one bladder tack and it didn't work. Not sure if this is your problem, but a vaginal check by a dr. will tell if this is your problem. Good luck!
Hi, its my first time on...anyways I do know what ur talking about as I do have the same issue as well,...I always ask myself y when my body I'd discharging my vagina sometimes make a bubble sound, I sometime wonder if it normal.....but the good think about it no one can hear it, I only feel it when it occurs....lol..nothing for u to worry about woman r bless....and if ur on the family planning pill it most times change ur body structure.....I have xperience with that as well....
NOT true... Colloidal Silver is an excellent product when used appropriately, A few millimeters a day, not a 20 ounce glass or more as the "blue man" did.

Always do your research before posting or at least question what you say.

Everyone has their opinion about colloidal silver, but trust me, it takes great volumes to accumulate in the body to cause a "blue person".
YES! and it's so uncomfortable and such a turn off when u actually let it out. but, woman do have the weirdest and grossest things happen to them. i just don't know why for us its just a life time of embarrassment! LOL i hate it
yes it does, its called a quiff
omg! i hate these things!! i've had them since i was little. i had a vaginal exam; at that moment i felt my torso and half my body down there 'fill up'. when i got home i was in a lot of discomfort and it ws like that for a while. i didn't like feeling like this as a kid. but in time it went away and didn't come back until i became a teenager and started my menstrual cycle. and i always had an idea that i kinda needed to push it out, but i gave up a long time ago and just thought it would come out on its own! and it did, once i became sexually active and stayed that way for a while, one day it just came out like a volcano!!! lol. i was so glad that tha big one came out because if i get them now its not so ba and they come out easier! :). All i know is i am forever pissed at that doctor who gave me a vaginal exam at such a young age!!! :(  
I had to have a complete hysterectomy a couple years ago because of uterine cancer. Thankfully they got it all. Anyway, recently I have made some changes in my food and liquid intake. I started drinking a lot of water to reduce fluid retention as well as cranberry juice to prevent UTI (my doctor suggested it). A couple weeks ago I started experiencing these air bubbles. They tend to just happen when ever, but mostly when I am sitting down or just after I use the bathroom or wash. My doctor seems to think it is just air that gets trapped and has to work its way out. I am in my mid 40's, there is no discomfort just the funny feeling when the air escapes. I have never experienced this previous to my hysterectomy. My doctor said it could also be because of the change my vaginal tissue is going through because of the lack of estrogen. Because of the cancer, I cannot take estrogen supplements. So I just have to deal with it. My doctor did suggest sitting in a warm bath with baking soda, he said this may help.
So... I know exactly what a queef is and what one feels like. I am 21 weeks and I have had this same sensation for weeks now. My dr told me its due to an increase in vaginal discharge that's normal with pregnancy... At first it scared the **** out of me. I thought I was loseing my baby It felt like a bubble slowly swelling up near my cervex so all I'm thinking is oh god its a gush of fluid my worst nightmare. After inspection I noticed just an increase of discharge.. And nothin more. Just ask your dr you will feel better.: )
17 and also a virgin, I was wondering this too
I have been having this problem for about a month and a half now. I looked on this site, but did not find solutions much help. Realize there is a difference between a bubble you can push out and one that never goes away. This causes uncomfortable feelings when sitting or sleeping. I felt a lot of insomnia because I could not get rid of this feeling. If it does NOT go away, please go to your doctor and mention bacterial vaginosis. I looked up these symptoms before and figured it wasn't possible. But here's the thing, bacterial vaginosis is an imbalance in pH in your vagina. The bacterial may be reaction to a change by increasing in numbers from certain symptoms such as ***, menstrual blood, and douching. Also, you do NOT have to have sex to have bacterial vaginosis. It is curable with pills or an ointment prescribe by a doctor. Tell your doctor about your pressure and if they do not mention getting tested, mention it! Always best to be 100% sure. Do not ignore these symptoms if they continue to persist for longer than what should be normal. I should have gone LONG before a month and a half.

Note again: You do not have to have had sex to get bacterial vaginosis.
After having sex 12 hours ago, I keep feeling this strange sensation, not queefing, which I'm familiar with, but sort of similar. It feels like my va-jay-jay is slowly releasing a small amount of air every few minutes, or think of the feeling you might experience when your hand "goes to sleep." It's annoying, not painful at all. This has never happened before, and I'm slightly concerned that I might be pregnant, like something is forming down there. My period should start in a couple of days, though, so maybe it's related to that (as other comments have mentioned). I'm not sure what to make of this. Sometimes, being a woman can certainly be a drag.
This is weird because I am going through this rite now. I've tried everything. Wont nothing help. I've been looking for resources that's how I found this page.
OMG! Thank you Liz, you are the only one that gets air bubble the same way I do. Man it can be painful as well. Thanks for sharing.
i think sex is the result to your solution.......let your husband put u in a backward position an let him strike u in an out very easy will u **** your butt up an that's how I get the gas out of my vigina (vagina) trust me it works
It's not a "quief"  which feels like a large pocket of air and is usually quite easy to come out. What I think the poster is talking about it just a very small but surprisingly annoying air bubble. I have tried everything to get it out except the lifting your legs and pulling them back onto the floor by your head. I have it right now and I can't sleep because of it. Note: my AF is due in 5 days. Tht seems to be a common factor in all of these.