Alcohol while conceiving

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Alcohol while conceiving

hi all, i also just found out that i was pregnant few days ago, and got excited and scared at the same time, specially after my bf rejecting being with me if i keep this baby, been even harder,but i'm trying my best to stay strong and do what i wanna do. I have a question for the girls here who got pregnant recently as well- Cas my pregnancy wasnt planned i didnt realy prepair my body for that and had couple of parties which were sort of around my ovulation time when i concived, and also a week after i had couple of drinkins as friends leaving party, I'm not a heavy drinker just a casual but i am really worried if drknking that time could affect my baby and it makes me think about it everyday.
Any comments be appreciated i'm just very worried [Frown]
I never drank while I was pregnant. Smoked either, but before I found out was a different story. I was a big party girl. I did many , many, things, but my kids are fine. Actually, the night I got pg. I had been drinking.

i had been grinking Jack and coke. She was conceived in a 1966 international pick up truck. (old farm truck) ................... so romantic ,I know. We laugh when we think about it............... Ya might be a redneck...if.......

I think you will be fine, but definatly don't take any chances now. I know you may be stressed, but a good drunk isn't worth harm it may do to your baby.

Hope things get better
Hi there...you'll be fine....just take care of yourself from now on,  They reccommend not drinking / smoking during pregnancy because those things can hurt the baby in large amounts...they don't know what is safe and what isn't...which is why they say don't do it at all.  There are so many unplanned pregnancies in this world and i'm sure some people took a drink or two during early pregnancy.  I had the same concerns as I am about 6 weeks pregnant and I did have a couple drinks before I found out.....my doctor told me not to worry about it.  Hope this helps.
You will be fine as long as you quite drinking once you found out you were pregnant.
I'm sure all is well, just take care of yourself now that u know u have someone extra on board :) If you haven't gotten prenatal vit... yet they would be a great start in taking care of yourself & baby, the DR will prescribe em at your prenatl vit... but in the mean time u can go to Walmart & find em :) Hope u have a good day. A great bk to get is   Your Preg. Week by Week, or it may be called   My pg wk by wk, I found it at Kmart, Walmart my also have it.
Someone got me the bk called    Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize it's been my favorite bk, it really makes u feel more at ease w/ pg, childbirth & life:)  (& no it's not preachy about not having meds at delivery) LOL :) I had an epi & plan to w/ this baby on the way too.
when i first got on this site i asked this a similar question just i wasn't pg..

their have been may ladies who would be 3 weeks pg & go a casual party or even a club & not notice what is growing inside them....don't worry the baby will be fine it happens to alot of people...just do as all the other ladies said stop drinking from now since you found out your pg......

but i also notice that some girls here don't care & they drink even thou they're 20 weeks...some even smoke man i hate to see those B-t-hes...they make me sick...b/cuz they're slowly killing an innocent life....

lucy: girl you sound like a fun girl to be around...the sort of stories i heard from you....& plus you drink i could hang with you any day...((clink))...lol

godsgift: how's it going hon...how was the shopping???
"that's all I have to say about that" LOL!!!! HAHAHA isn't that what Forrest Gump said??? Couldn't resisit..... sorry! :)
We got thomas the train stuff for ds & I found some outerspace w/ rockets wrapping paper for him!! He loves outerspace & looking at the moon every single night :) Hope u r having a good day!
hey girl...what post you're talking about yesterday that she got upset about???
LOLOLOLOLOL! That is like my all time favorite movie EVER! I love it and me and my dh mock it all the time! I know what you mean! I like to try to answer all the questions that people ask me! I do think it is rude! NO! A bubba gump rest!!!????!!! Where the heck do you live??? I would love to visit there!
oh yeah and when i mean here i'm talking about my country not this site...just for those who want to jump on me...:)

my day is quite busy & stressful everyone is depending on me today...i have my cousins wedding on 28th of October & i'm a brides maid so that is another stress....the poor thing she almost broke down in tears in the cloth store when she didn't get the cloth she was looking for....but she's ok now
Well darn! I live across country in Georgia! I will have to plan a trip to Cali just for that! It sounds soooo delicious!
Well they do have 2 in Flordia, 1 in Charleston S. Carolina, and I in New Orleans! Those are a little closer! Charleston is really only about an hour and a half to two hours away from us!
IP I do hair & my favorite is prom,wedding, & pag... hair so Iknow how stressful all that can be, theres just so much to do &it's all over w/so fast :) Good Luck w/ it!

lucy I was wondering have u ever seen an m u, or it may be an e-moo, I've heard it said both ways :) But it's a huge bird tall, as us that will attack, we get several in our yard a year, theres an old processing plant several miles from here & some still escape & the sad thing is u call the people & say we got your bird but they never come to get em, we heard they r not worth alot now so I guess the owners don't wanna mess w/ em LOL Just wondered  if u knew what I was talking about!
An emu is the second largest bird in the world. the largest is an ostrich. We have ostrich farms around here. We go get the eggs for omelets.Their great! They don't run wild or anything. they are amazing creatures. they will flog you to death if you make them mad though.very mean and moody! Hope I have helped. lol, lol
U just gave me an ideal, DH loves omelets so the next time we see an emu I may look for an egg. Wow I bet the cheese, ham & tomats fit perfectly inside of those :)LOL
girl i'm so ashamed my fiance do my hair for me...but to style it for me he's not that advanced yet....you sound like you got a shop...or you should open one if you don't
Thats great he knows how to do it:) I have done hair for 5.5yrs & have just quit since DS#2 is on the way. Although my porch outside stays covered w/ hair from family & friends. I still would love to wk for a wedding chapel oneday!
How funny!!! We have had a few pigs come up, my dog chased em& they were just a squeal'in all the way down our drive way :) They also got in our neighbors garage & into their trash bags, my neighbor called & was like what do I do I'm afraid to get out of the car :) LOL Luckily she made it into her house w/out the pigs attacking :) u just never know what u may see around here :)!!!! We don't need the nature channel!
Sounds fun, I loved those pics of it!!! Do u see tourists all the time where u r at? If so I bet u see them do some crazy stuff :) I love going on vacation & watching people it's so funny the stuff u see em do!
you do hair.....??? that's cool how about doing dread locks???...i have to do mine...& it's alot of money to get my hair in a style for the wedding like ($200.00 TT)..how much do you charge???
They do! I love'em, we have to travel about 40 min. to get them though. Happy huntin!
South is always cheaper than most places thru out the US so here it's about $25.00 for an up do (hair curled & piled on top of head) I'm not sure about dread locks I've never had to do em. I know extensions take most of the day to do so it's close to $200-350 possibly more depending on if you go to the big cities here & have it done. Up do's r my favorite to do, I'd love to wk for a wedding chapel!!!! How do u do dreads yourself? I figured your arms would fall off in the process LOL
Maybe w/ a bit of luck you'll find one near your house, surely they escape sometimes like the emu's do. Once we were on the 4 wheeler & almost ran over an emu b/c it was lying down & flew up on it, we turned real fast & I was so terrified it was gonna chase us, especially since I was on the back of the 4wh. Just pic. an emu chasing u, I mean where r u gonna go LOL :) We've even seen em out at church too, can u imagine the parents herding the kids quickly to the cars :) it happened!
I get these 2 emu's that love to come visit about once a month and my kids love to hide in the garage and throw bread out to them but then they leave me nice piles of appreciation all over the driveway...yuck! :-)
hey girls thank yo all for your replies,hey LUCY you made me laugh:))
no way i'll be drinking knowing that i'm pregnant, and yeah there are women who keep drinking while pregnant and smoking and dnt even care about their babies. i knew one girl who had a baby, who is 2 years old now and healthy( which i'm surprised aobut), she was keep on drking heavily and smoke while being pregnant, which is horrible thing to do, well she was lucky to have healthy baby but in some cases it might be the other way
Sorry, I got off track and forgot to post regarding the "original" post.  I  think you and your baby will be fine, just take care of yourself now that you do know and take those prenatal pills even if they back you up to the point you'lll feel like you'll explode!! LOL...joking of course!!!  I knew a girl (18 when she was pg)who continued to drink and smoke throughout her pregnancy and her daughter wa born with CP.  She has had to live with the consequences of her actions ever since....every day when she looks at her daughter and sees she can't do the things that other kids her age do she is tormented with the "what if's" and that has eaten her up.  So the moral of my story...do what you should to take care of your fetus...do your part and let God do his!  Good luck!
Mabo77 whats CP?
cerebral palsy (sp?)
Where r u? I'm in alabama, the garage is a great ideal for when my kids r older they can maybe help feed some emu's too :) LOL
i'm  happy i brought a smile to your face. I'm sure you will be fine. Just don't be a drinin while your pg.

Now, You all be careul around those birds. they will charge at you and tear you up with their feet. they're mean little boogers. We have wild turkey that are always in my front yard in the evenings. About twenty of them. I have a little Jack Russle Terrier and he thinks he's big stuff. He took off the other day after those turkey's. they flogged the pee out of him. It took him a while to back down though. All you could see was feathers. I was rollin. He won't even look at them now. I think he's embarassed.
well come on down to the caribbean ...lol & do mine you'll learn...& make some TT money...our currency is $6.00TT to $1.00 US
try not to worry about what is done and concentrate on today on out

((hugs)) and hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy
Gollyee ! Where in the world do you live to have all that in your yard?!?! We have this creepy something out in my woods. One night we had friends over and we were all in the kitchen. Our friend was standing by the window and asked what that screeming was. We walked out on the porch and it sounded like a woman and her baby screaming bloody murder. People have told us it's a wild cat. I've never seen one, but his mother did years ago. She saw a HUGE black cat come down in the yard. Then a man was huntin on our land and said he saw it. I don't know. I'm freakin out it will come pay me a visit. it's pretty neat to have things like that around the yard, but I'm not taking the chance on my kids gettin hurt. So, if it comes round' here. Mama Lucy's shotgun will have to take it out. What ever it is!!

We have a lot of black bear, they have never bother us at our house, but it tore stuff up at the barn. My brother had a bunch of goat's and the bear killed everyone of'm!!! I really like those goat's. Oh, well, part of lining in the wood's.
by the way are you infested with those pesky ladybugs??????
As soon as we moved into our house (it was brand new) lady bugs were everywhere , I heard that there eggs get in the wood so once we moved in they were ready to hatch :) Whatever u do don't smash one on anything important, I heard they'll stain YUCK!!! We don't have any now! It took soo long for em to leave LOL :)

We live in alabama so we got lots of woods too so u never know what'll turn up :)

Yep I'd bet it's a wildcat, we have em here too, I've never seen one out & about, but heard it sounds just like a woman screamimg!!! Cyotes (sp) r bad here too, they sound scary when a pack of em gets to howling!!
I am at war with the ladybugs!!!! I feel so creepy in my own house. They are in my kitchen and bathroom the worst. I am about to lose my mind. It's like something out of a sci fi movie or something!!! How do u kill them????

We put in a new slidding glass door the other day and when the old came out....... OMG!!!! EVERYWHERE!!!! little creepy crawly bugs all over!   The new one is in and seeled tight, but they are still comming in somewhere!! They drop on my head when i walk in and out of the door!! IN MY HAIR!!!!

Where did these stupid things come from anyway? I don't remember them as a kid. Probably some alien species or something.
I think DH sprayed, but it took awhile for all of em to leave, they were in our masterbathroom!!! Good Luck!! Eventually they should all go away!!
awww...you should feel lucky since ladybugs are good luck!! hey, maybe a ladybug burrowed itself behind your ear! LOL....kidding of course! my sister used to have them in her house. we had ants and grain moths!! they were in EVERYTHING! even chocolate. be glad they are ladybugs and not spiders or those earwigs/pinchers....GROSS! hah hah...earwigs..i just noticed.
Yes, whatever you do, dont stomp on them, they will stain,(stink too), i'm in wisconsin so the first sign of sunshine, they are everywhere. Use a vacuum if you can to suck them up in the house, cuz the orange is really hard to get out.