Alergic to my tongue piercing

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Alergic to my tongue piercing

I just got my tongue pierced 2 days ago and the tip of my tongue feels like it burning, and this morning i woke up with my gums hurting and where your lips attach to your gums on the inside of your mouth is killing me. I have my nose and my bellybutton pierced and they're fine. Is my body rejecting the piercing or am i allergic to it? or is it supposed to hurt this much?
I would suggest swishing lukewarm salt water after every meal and if you're a smoker definitely do it more often. You have lots of germs in your mouth and lots of nerves on the tongue.. just be sure to have extra good oral hygeine and don't use an anti septic mouthwash too frequently... it can take weeks for tongue piercing to heal, and some pain and swelling is normal. If you see any pus or indication of infection or fever, take it out and see dr for antibiotics.. I have several piercings myself and I know it ***** having to take them out..
Also a possibility you're allergic to the jewlery?
thanks! ill deffie try that out!
DiamondA added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
1 hr ago
LandM2009 Cd1 and we are back on trac... Comment
needhelp345 joined this community
Welcome them!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals