All the symptoms of a period but it hasn't came

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi yall this is my first time posting on here I found this website by accident on a Google search. I have been off birth control pills since Jan 2007. Since coming off, my periods are heavier, more cramps and back pain..etc...well today my period is due, it usually comes in the middle of the night LOL. Well I woke up to the usual horrible pain, bloating, feelings of nausea..and menstraul cramps. one thing missing...MY PERIOD!! I took a pregnancy test right now and it is negative. I will give 3 more days in case something is late but usually it isn't. Has this happened to anyone before? What happened in your case? Help!!
This happened to me before.
I had bad pains, blaoting etc that i usually get but no period.

This was before I was stressed and delaying my period. The more I was stressed the more pain I got.

I recommend a hot water bottle on your belly and a relaxing bath.
that helped me come on after 9 days of being late
If your periods have been getting worse and worse I would talk to your Dr, all of thos symptoms can be a sign of endometriosis. Where the lineing of the uterus grows outside the uterus. It can make it harder to get pregnant, it can actually be a disabiltating disease, the only way to diagnosis it is with day surgery (laproscopy) often birth control is used to help prevent or control it or another type of hormone
thank you for your answers. it might be stress delaying it, but i can't tell of any unusal amount of stress I don't normally have all the time, yet my periods are regular. I never knew about the endometriosis part. I just assumed that once you get off bc everything comes back with a bang! Well it is day two of missing period if it doesnt come in like 4 days, or by Friday, I will make an appt with my doctor.
update. actually i looked at the calendar wrong. i checked off the first day of the week as the day my period would start. i assumed it was monday, but upon closer review of the calendar i checked off sunday, since the calendar has sunday as the first day of the week. so actually i am 3 days late, yet have all the backaches and cramps as if i had my period. WEIRD!!!