Allergic Reaction to Tampons
This is my first time asking something like this, so call me a bit shy. But my last period, which was in August, I got these tampons called Kotek sleek, they are unscented and have a plastic applicator. When I used them, I was fine and I had to reaction to them at all. This time, I noticed the day after my period started I felt slight pain near the opening of my vagina when I went to change my tampon, but I didn't think anything of it. I noticed two days ago that I had some bumps there.  I'm on day 5 now of my cycle and it still has not gone away. Could this be an allergic reaction to the tampons? I've been using tampons for years now and I have never had a situation like this before.
I would recommend you quit using this brand and see if the problem subsides.  
It could be a bacterial buildup on the string.  Change your brand, as Londres recommends, or even switch to pads.  See if things calm down.
Well, with us not having the money to buy new tampons, I had to keep using those. However now that my period has stopped, I have noticed that the pain and such is going away. But if it was an allergic reaction, what I want to know is why did I not that reaction when I first got them in August?
*why did I not have...

Sorry, didn't notice the error.
Huh, never thought about that being a possibility. Like I told Londres, since I did not have the money to purchase a different brand, I had to stick with what I had, but I noticed it has gone away after my period stopped.