Allergic to condoms??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Allergic to condoms??

Hey, i was just wondering how someone would know if they were allergic to condoms (like symptoms that occur afterwards) and are there any tests for that??Thanks
my boyfriend once used a shared pleasure condom...and he is allergic to shellfish and it has dye in it fron shellfish and when we were having sex...his throat closed up and he broke out in hives and all..

my girl friend is allergic to latex and after she had sex once with one she broke out in hives down there and she said it itched and burned bad
Latex is the most common allery to condoms. You can buy them without latex that is what's posing the problem.
Avatar n tn
I am allerig to latex, but only on "mucous lining surfaces"...my mouth, insides, and vagina.

I never had sex until after DH and I were engaged and I was 22 years old, so at first I really had NO IDEA what was going on. After we would have sex it felt like my vagina was on FIRE and swollen and the outer part would be swollen. I was very painfull and I remember thinking if that is what sex feels like why does everyone like it so much ! lol The burning and swollen feeling would last about a day or so, and I don't remeber if there were any other sypmtoms. But after a few months I asked him if this was normal and talked about trying it without a condom and babies and all, and POOF I never had that happen when we had sex agian, but be ware because if you do have the allery to latex you can get a reacton from toilet paper, certain kinds of underwear ( I can only wear all cotton Granny Panties LOL) and certain detergents and soaps may irratate you also. Good Luck.
Avatar n tn
hi ive recentlly had sex with my boyfrend and we used a condom this was a week ago and its still really itchy down there and swollen what could this b
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals