Women's Health Community
Allergic to condoms??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergic to condoms??

Hey, i was just wondering how someone would know if they were allergic to condoms (like symptoms that occur afterwards) and are there any tests for that??Thanks
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
99709_tn?1204065390
my boyfriend once used a shared pleasure condom...and he is allergic to shellfish and it has dye in it fron shellfish and when we were having sex...his throat closed up and he broke out in hives and all..

my girl friend is allergic to latex and after she had sex once with one she broke out in hives down there and she said it itched and burned bad
Blank
Latex is the most common allery to condoms. You can buy them without latex that is what's posing the problem.
Blank
I am allerig to latex, but only on "mucous lining surfaces"...my mouth, insides, and vagina.

I never had sex until after DH and I were engaged and I was 22 years old, so at first I really had NO IDEA what was going on. After we would have sex it felt like my vagina was on FIRE and swollen and the outer part would be swollen. I was very painfull and I remember thinking if that is what sex feels like why does everyone like it so much ! lol The burning and swollen feeling would last about a day or so, and I don't remeber if there were any other sypmtoms. But after a few months I asked him if this was normal and talked about trying it without a condom and babies and all, and POOF I never had that happen when we had sex agian, but be ware because if you do have the allery to latex you can get a reacton from toilet paper, certain kinds of underwear ( I can only wear all cotton Granny Panties LOL) and certain detergents and soaps may irratate you also. Good Luck.
Blank
hi ive recentlly had sex with my boyfrend and we used a condom this was a week ago and its still really itchy down there and swollen what could this b
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...