Allergy to Latex or to Lubricant

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Allergy to Latex or to Lubricant

Hi there Ladies!

I have a quick question to ask you. When I first started dating by boyfriend,he told me that he was allergic to latex, therefore we didn't use a condom (b/c the non latex were too expensive, I wasn't on the pill and don't plan to be, but we were ok. We recently found out that it wasn't the condom in itself it was the lubricant inside it. I was wondering if you can get condoms that don't have that on it, or if it's just part of it. When tried actually applying normal lub to his member, it burned and he got a little rash almost right away. Is there any kinda of stuff that we can use that won't give me that reaction? Thanks for your help in advance!
Avatar n tn
when i was in baby classes/lamaze, the instructor suggested using almond oil or grapeseed oil. should be ok for the both of you. (the topic came up there). i have used the almond oil for a while now.
Avatar n tn
My boyfriend is also allergic to latex. We've used that KY Warming stuff & its never seemed to bother him.  Or we have condoms w/out latex.
You can buy non-lubricated condoms. You might also try different waterbased lube - Probe, Astroglide, and Slippery Stuff are all excellent. You can also try silicone lube, as long as you make sure you don't use silicone lube with silicone toys. But definitely don't use any oil-based product with latex condoms, because they'll destroy the latex.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals