Am I Pregnant???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Am I Pregnant???

My husband just got back from the field 8 days ago..That night he came in me. Now I just started feeling sick at night and some during the day (it comes and goes) My moods are weird, and im having problems sleeping at night and feel really weird. Im suppose to start in 2 weeks but could I start feeling sick already?? Thanks
It depends if you were ovulating.  i knew right when i got preg.
could be.  i guess you will have to wait until the time of your period to see if you start.  I would call you dr and ask..  good luck.
how did you know? just felt it or what?...thanks for ur comment
If you and you husband had sex 8 days ago and you start you period in two weeks, then that probably puts you having sex on cycle day 6 (if you have a 28 days cycle), which means you probably just got off your period when you had sex.  If that's the only time you two had unprotected sex, and you ovulate on cycle day 14, I don't think you would be pregnant.  But, since you probably don't know when you ovulate, you could ovulate early in your cycle, which means you could be pregnant.  Chances are you're probably getting sick or something, but you can always take a test if you're feeling "weird".  I didn't know I was pregnant until I took a test on the day my period was due.  I was really moody 3-4 days before I took the hpt and had a feeling it might be positive, there's something about a woman's intuition.  Try not to get your hopes up, chances are you're ovulating right now.  If you're trying to conceive, you might try unprotected sex with DH now, you might just get that BFP on the test!  Good luck!
How long are your cycles normally? You usually ovulate around 14 days before your next A/F starts. That means on a 28 day cycle you o right in the middle. if your cycle is shorter you o earlier, longer, then you O later. My cycles are about 32 -34 days. I usually o on the 21st day of my cycle. The only way to know for sure if you might be pregnant, is to wait till A/F is supposed to start, and see if it does. If not, take a hpt. Or, yiou could go to the dr, and they can do a blood test which can tell you before you miss if you are or not. If  that happened 8 days ago, a blood test could give you your answer now.
I NEED HELP!!!.
I had my last period on 2/10/06.  i was due to ovulate on the 21st of february.  I had sex that entire week just to make sure that i didn't miss ovulation.  I have a 26-27 day cycle.. My expected period was due March 7, 2006.  On March 5th I started with brown spotting, then on March 6 I saw some red spotting. Not a lot, but enough for a pantiliner but it certainly wasn't a normal.  Mostly when I wiped myself I noticed the red spotting.  Then on the day my actual period was suppose to arrive I had pink spotting.  I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.

??? Is it too early to test?
How long should I wait?
Could I be prengant?
Since February is a short month, could it take longer for me to implant?
With the info you gave, starting on 2/10 and being a 26-27 day girl, then AF is due today or tomorrow (3/8 or 3/9). So you should wait until AF is late and then test. Maybe wait until the 16th. If you can stand to wait that long. At least wait til the 10th when you would be officially late.
I sure hope you get the BFP you are hoping for. But I am guessing that you just tested too early and could still get the positive if AF doesn't rear her ugly head in the next couple of day. Let us know how it turns out.
*fingers crossed for BFP*
--J
I agree with the above poster - I just wanted to comment:

February being a long month has nothing to do with your period/implantation/etc.  Your body does not know what month it is or whether it has 28,30, or 31 days in it.  You count in cycle days starting day one as the first day of your period.  

Although you could have had implantation bleeding, it could also have been a light period, they tend to be pretty similiar (and confusing).  I'd wait a couple more days until your period is missed and hopefully you get the results you want!  Good luck and I hope this helps.
Thanks that is very hopeful.  Okay Im going to wait until at least the middle of next week.  When do you start to feel symptoms.  Today I felt nasaea.  I wasn't sure if it was just something I ate.. but I certainly felt sick.  I want to be pregnant so it's possible it's just my imagination.

Thanks for your support i'll keep you posted.

Mrs. BSTB
Symptoms happens at different times for different women.  I didn't start to get nauseous until 6 weeks pregnant.  I had no symptoms whatsoever when I tested, other than a missed period.  Technically, as soon as the baby implants into the lining of your uterus, you can start to feel symptoms, but that doesn't mean you will have symptoms.  Good luck and I hope you get that BFP!
Just wondering,
I ovulated on day 13 (I could feel it) and had intercourse on day 12. It is now day 21 and I am spotting, just a tad not really enough to wear anything but enough that I can see it in my panties. It was redish brown. I usually do not spot until day 27 and then I start on day 28. I have been off the pill for 5 months. I am also 39yrs old. Any thoughts, you think this is just a flook in my body or could it be implantation spotting.
I was wondering..does anyone know a way that dr's can test you to see if you are having a white baby or a black baby? My boyfriend and I had sex yesterday and we finally decided that we wanted a baby, but some horriable things happend about 2 weeks ago that I choose not to discuss...if ANYONE could help me out and let me know that would be great!

morgan.
heres the thing i have had irregular periods in the past and this march the gyn put me on provera since my last period was in jan 06. I still have not got my period and I pretty much feel pregnant i have been getting nausea in the early morning hours and sick with stomach pains my breast are tender and sore. i could be pregnant after taking provera.  he told me the next step would be clomid. What do u think? Please respond
I have been trying to get pregant for the last six months. I have been keeping track of when I ovulate and making sure that I am having intercourse at the same time.  I  used an ovulation predictor test and found my surge on Sunday 4/9. I have been experiencing slight cramping and mild tiredness. Could I be pregnant? or is this all in my head?

Please advise
Frustrated
Hello everyone,

My husband and I had unprotected sex on April 14th and 15th. I am not on a normal 28 day cycle at least I dont think I am. My periods have been very irregular most of my life. There have even been months at a time when I dont get my period at all. I was trying to calculate my cycle and if I was a 28 day cycle for the month of April then I would have ovulated on the 17th. If I was on a 35 day cycle which is where I think I am at I would ovulate on the 24th. For the past two days I have had slight cramping starting on my left side and then went to my right side and now at the middle, sore breasts, felling a bit more hungy and a little more tired than usual which is typically a sign I will be getting my period but already having a child I experienced this with him also. My last LMP was April 3rd and it lasted to the 8th. So I was wondering what some of you might think or if you had this experience before and what the outcome was. I am finding it very hard to sit still and wait although I know its what I have to do in order to be sure if I am pregnant or not.

Thanks!
Is it possible to ovulate (temp charting), not get your period and not be pregnant?
I had thought I might be pregnant so I took a test on the 12th then I started my period on April 13th, it was over by the 17th. I usually have a few heavy days, then maybe 3 days where I am very light. This time I was only heavy the first day, with really bad cramps. My period had actually almost stopped, I thought that I had only started bleeding again because of the sex. I had unprotected sex on the 15th and 16th. I have been having slight cramps, and my boobs are tender and over-flowing my bra. I have also been extremly tired, no matter how much sleep I get. I have also been feeling sick to my stomach. This all started around the 18th or 19th. I am wondering if it is too early to be having these symptoms? Or if I was already pregnant before my "period" and just took the test too soon! I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing!
hi, i understand your feelings,same with me here, my last lmp was march6 and is april 24 no AF NOTHING, I FEEL TIRED AND HAVE BACK PAIN, I FEEL IRRITABLE,CONSTIPATED ,THATS ALL SYMPTOMS I HAVE, I TESTED A HUNDREDS OF HPT AND STILL NEGATIVE, I HAVEA DOCTOR APPOINTMENT TOMORROW WILL DO THE BLOOD TEST , WILL SEE IF I HAVE A BFP.. I WILL LET YOU KNOW ,,, TAKE IT EASY DONT MAKE YOURSELF STRESS ,, THINK POSSITIVE ,,,
hello to morganwhitney05 i am i think u should see ur doc as there might be a test to see the babys blood type but i am sure if u and ur husband really love each other u can work through things and decide what is best
Hi everyone, my husband and I have benn trying to get pregnant since feb. and up untill yesterday I had no sign of maybe neing preganat. I got my period on the 4th (27-29day cycle)which always last 8days, but this time it stop on day 4 which was yesterday and havent had any sign of them since. I did have a pretty good flow the first two days, but then I only spotted on the 3rd and 4th day...can I be pregnant and if I could is it too early to test? Please help me..I have no one else to ask!!!
if you got your period (even though it wasnt as long) then i would say confidently that you are not pregnant. you would need to wait until your next period in june is late. there are many other reasons why it didnt last as long. periods are funky like that.
Today is May 11. I had sex on May 3 and have a regular cycle (but I haven't ever mapped it out or anything since I haven't planned on getting pregnant). He came inside me (no condom) and I want to know the absolute earliest day I could test for pregnancy (either a blood test at the doctor's or a home pregnancy test). Please let me know ASAP. I'm feeling a few signs but not a lot, the sign that most people say is tingling/swollen breasts but that hasn't happened to me. I've had a HUGE decrease in appetite, increase in constipation, and have felt very fatigued.
well its to early for u to test, wait atleast another week before u test, its just waste of time and money , if i were you just wait another week, dont stress out yourself, if you are really curious, well go buy hpt or go for blood test.
Please can someone help me urgently, I had my LMP on the 24th of april and my next period is due on the 19th of may, but i had sex on the 30th of april with my BF and he used a condom. he said it did not burst but the thing is that i feel kind of funny with frequent urination and some tiredness. I have not obseved any spotting but i have lowerback ache and some body ache and headaches. since my period is due later this week  how can i distingiush it from pre menstrual symptons. my breast are just tender but not sore. pls help i need to know
My BF & I had sex on the first day of my period(Friday){which normally lasts 3 to 4 days} and after we had sex, my period was very light, much lighter than usual, and then stopped the next day(Saturday). We started without a condom, then he put one on when we realized he wasn't wearing one, then the condom broke, but he put another one on before we finished. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?

I have confirmed by home pregnancy test that I am 6 weeks pregnant, but I am a little concerned since I suffered a miscarriage about 7 months ago. I was almost 3 months when it happened.  I haven't felt that tired, no morning sickness, boobs are sore, tons of bloating!!! But are there women who experience no morning sickness or tiredness. When I come home from work I can still keep going...I am not sure if this is normal?? Any advice would be helpful!
i got my period the day after sex can i still be preg?please help
Hi  Everybody ,
I used an ovulation test ths month and had sex the day and the following day when I saw LH surge in the test ie last saturday ,now its 4th day.I dont feel any specific sign but really curious to know whther I m pregnant.Pl let me konw , what r the earliest sign I can see...really looking forward for ur response.
my period went off thursday or friday i cant remember and me and my boyfriend had sex saturday and he cummed in me can i be pregnat?
i just wanted to ask a question. i had the contraceptive implant out a bout 3 months ago, i have had periods since and my last 1 was about the 10th of july for the last 1to2 weeks i have had a pain in the bottom of my stomach its not a constant pain its now and again but regular and my breasts feel realy sore and very heavy i havnt been sick any answers to help me out? i have done some tests but they have come back nergative
hey, i'm 14, i had sex with my boyfriend a few days ago, he wasn't wearing a condom, my stomach feels weird, i have slight tny pains on my side, i've been peeing alot and feel hungry alot.

what does that mean? any PLEASE help me before it's too late,
i'm only 14 i CAN'T get pregnant or anything, it's not too late to get a morning after, help

QUICKLY!
hi,
the first day of my last period was 9/6 (13 days ago) i had unprotected intercourse last night with my fiance. after he came he wiped himself off with a towel....then five minutes later he still had an erection so we had intercourse again....now today i have ovulating pains in my lower side as usual. do u think its possible i can get pregnant from any leftover semen that may have been in or on his penis?
I’ve been having some weird feelings lately, I’m not officially late on my period actually I’m due tomorrow but for some reason I don’t think that it will come. Vie been feeling very ill these past couple of weeks, nauseas not to the point where I’m throwing up but it comes and goes, I’ve have gotten heartburn in the past but its been worst, I noticed a white creamy discharge today, not to sound gross but I’ve had a lot of gas a few days ago, mild headaches that come and go and in the car yesterday my sister had one of those scented candles and the aroma was making me ill. My breasts aren’t sore but I have noticed some of those bumps around the nipple. My last period only lasted 3 days but it was pretty heavy and I took a test about 2 weeks ago and it was neg. but I guess it could have been to soon to tell. My stomach has only been cramping from time to time but I have been getting these shape little pains in my tummy that go as fast as they come and when I was laying in bed 2 nights ago I felt like a funny tingly feeling in my stomach for a few seconds. Like I said I’m not late on my period yet but do these seem like more signs to getting my period or pregnancy. I don’t usually feel to well before my period comes but for some reason I feel like there different this month….Help could I really be pregnant??????? And how long should I wait if my period doesn’t come tomorrow before testing again?
I think I'm pregant... because me any my bf had sex on oct 1 and oct 9..on oct 1 we didn't use a condom but I don't kno if he came inside me on oct 9 we did use a condom and the condom broke and he came inside me..on oct I was bleeding it didn't seem like it was my period, it only lasted 3 days and my period normally last 7 days,I dnt have irregular periods... I took a test on oct 17 and it came back negative, I have been feeling pregant thought.I tho mayb I took the pregancy test too soon..can anybody help me
Wait until you miss your period and go take a pregancy test but if you can't wait go take a blood test sweety....
If the first possible day you could have gotten pregnant was October first, you might have tested too soon on October 17th.
So when should I take the test again... I think the bleeding was implantion bleeding..so how long do I have to wait & thanks for responding
Answer me *****
I have had unprotected sex for one week straight on Feb 1 thru Feb 7.  I got my period on Feb 20, but it only lasted for 3 days, it usually lasts 5 days.  I started feeling nausea about a week ago for one whole day....couldn't really keep any food down.  I get minor headaches and feel really tired no matter how much sleep I get.  I'm trying to wait 6 more days until my period is due.  But I'm just wondering could this be a sign of pregnancy??
I have been tryin to get pregnant with my husband.We used an at home ovulation kit and we think we detected my surge....We had sex just about everyday that week I ovulated.We think before and after...However I am staring to feel alot of cramping as if I am getting my period. Has anyone ever expericenced that crampy A/F feeling and still be pregnant....I am due to get my period on the 9th of July...Is it toooo soon to feel any signs of pregnancy yet?????  
yes you usually will get cramps as tho your going to get your period. you could prob swear that you are..but you dont. you have to twait until your periods due to test
I agree with kim1989, you still have to wait to test. I wish you best of luck and hope you are pregnant and have a healthy 9 months!
Thanks for the encouraging words...I hate having this feeling of getting my period ya know..It makes me feel like we already have a BFN...I am pretty new to this site and wish the both of you all the luck in the world...Thanks
aw that was really sweet of you. good luck and keep us updated!
ok I am 15 years old and i had sex about bout 3 months ago and then I had sex again about to weeks ago and I have been having problems with symptoms of pregnancy and i am worried because I am on Birth control and I missed  a few pills that week. So is it possible that I am and what should I do? I am really scared because my father will kick me out of the house!!!!
a lot of pregnancy symptoms are the same as pms symptoms. you're going to have to wait till your period is due. wait 3-7 days after it's late to take a test. or 14 days after your sexual encounter. if it's late and you're getting negative results you will have to have a blood test done.
your also young...and going through body changes, your breasts might be growing. i think mine did around your age
hi 6 nights ago i had unprotected sexand he came up me, a few days later and ever since iv had  really bad heartburn, peeing a little bit more, mild stomach cramps(as if im coming on, but im not due on for under 2weeks). feeling sick, the need to be sick but nothings coming out.my stomach always feels empty even tho im eating normaly. no matter how much sleep i get i just feel soo tired....
someone please help mee i need to no asap
thankyou xxx
well im back here again for advice. Well i had sex with this guy and now i really am pregnant. i am so scared and i have been pregnant before  and i had a miscarriage. i dont know if my body can handle this. im in high school and i  know longer live with my father i now live in a group home.
i am so scared
my boyfriend came inside me 5 times already and i took a test the 4th day he came in me and it came out came out
negative ... and today he came again which makes it 5 times now.. am i pregnant ? if not how long do i have to  wait to see if i pregnant?
I've been ttc for almost 6 months with out skipping most fertile days...i have a 25 day cycle my periods have been lasting longer than usual since i've been ttc it went from 4 days to 6 even 8 once and sometimes very painful, my body has done the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do when ttc. and it's really frustrating, i'm young and married i did it 2 days before ovulation and 1 after am i pregnant this time? what could be wrong with me if i'm not? I'm 18 (not asking anyone to judge) I just need to know if I'm fertile and healthy enough to concieve (conceive)

thanks
So husband was home for two weeks started on the 3rd of oct and he left the 19th of oct and my period started on the 21st is it possible that its too soon for my body to recognize the pregnancy and my body went ahead and started. and Still possible I could be pregnant? When is the best time after to check for pregnancy? About a month later?
I'm on birth control. The shot. I have had more stress than normal lately, but my period is NEVER irregular. Last time I had sex was about 3 or so weeks ago with no condom but precum got everywhere. (Tmi, i know. ) Yes, i know the bc shot can cause no more periods, but i have still been experiencing the symptoms and this is only my first month on the shot.  I've noticed no spotting. But I have serious morning sickness and I hardly ever have appetite anymore. I dont want the same foods i used to love, it seems they just make me sick now. Even the smell turns me away. I've had bad neck aches and lower back pains also. and i have been really tired. I've been using the bathroom more than usual. My period is late by about a week. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
Pretty much anything is possible, so you very well could be. But as for the sickness, it would be MUCH too early. Every woman is different, but it takes six to twelve days for a fertilized egg to implant on the uterin wall. Until then, your body doesn't register pregnancy. I'm pregnant and my period is late and I STILL don't have vomiting and hardly feel sick. I know it's horrible and frustrating to wait, but you have to see first if you miss your period, then take a home pregnancy test or one at the clinic. But be careful! I took two home tests and after the 10 minute waiting period, thread-thin lines appeared, and you're not supposed to read it after that time, because it could be a false positive. Went to the clinic today and got a urine test. Negative. Got a blood test right after and WHAM! Doc walked in and told me straight to my face that I am pregnant. So if you miss your period and you don't get a positive within the time period and still believe you're pregnant, save time and get a blood test. Good luck!
question okay the first day of my last period was june 8 and the my cylce is 22-25 days. my husband came in side of me june 13 is there a good chance that i might be pregnant. The last few days I have been very tried and sick to my stomach.
Hi everyone,
I just have a question. I did not start my new pack of pills after my last period in Aug, 2011. My Husband and I have been using the "pull out method" although I am old enough to know better, that this does not always work. :)  My first day of my last period was Aug 23, 2011 and I am due to start my period Sept 20, 2011 which is only 4 days away.  But just over a week ago when I was about 11 days before my period was due, my nipples became so sore for two days that I couldn't even touch them. My shirt hurt them if they were bare against it, my husband couldn't touch me and that was really bad for two days only in the nipples. Then it started to slowly stop being as bad. Off and on mostly mid afternoon or evening I feel nauseous, not sick but usually right after I eat. I also have a dry taste in my mouth and just started to get a light headache today.  I have been having cramps off and on in my ovary areas over a week now.  I am a little tired, not to bad does anyone have any advice or do you think I am pregnant?  Thank you!  
can I get pregnant after my period?
Can I be pregnant I got period for only 3days off and on and when I get my period it last is up to 10days and relly havy
I am on the BC Pill, and actively bulimic too. I recently have been very irregular with my periods, and have also been very sexually active up to this point. I feel extra hungry, and am wondering if the pill has done this to my appetite. Or, if the pill failed me due to my active bulimia, and the highly increased appetite and food binges are a result of a positive Pregnancy? I'm like soooooooooo confused, could somebody please answer my question. Also, I have been experiencing a lot of vaginal contractions and not sure if thats due to my water pills that activate my bladder to increase my urine output, or could those be from something else?

Sincerely,
Jane
hi!!! my last period is november 31 2012  until now im late!!!
do you think that im pregnant?
my period is iregular but not a week just a day!!!