Am i pregnant , if so how far along?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Am i pregnant , if so how far along?

I have been married about a month now, and we have been trying to have a baby. Well the two week's i have had stomach cramps and been really tired. Well two days ago i took a First Response PT and it came up negitive. Then today i took two more they came up with a faint pink line and then i also took a EPT and the little blue plus sign came up.But the thing is that they are really light and i dont know what that means, cause i have heard that sometimes it can be a false reading. Can anyone tell me what that means and if the reason it's so light is because i am not that far along? Also i dont think i would be more than 2 or 3 weeks cause i had my last period on Jan 27 2006. and it was normal. Can you also get pregnant about a week before you are dur for your period and still have one?? Please help...
there's probably not even hormones and stuff.  if there is a faint positive your probably pregnant.. do make sure you are confirm it by a blood test...
Congrats!
If your LMP was Jan 27th, I am not surprised the reading is faint. If you have had so many with a faint positive results, chances are you are pg and that the egg just implanted. I took my test last Friday, 11DPO and my initial test was very light but certainly positive.

My dh was in disbelief until I waited 2 days and took a clearblue easy digital test, there is no guessing when the word "pregnant" comes up on the little screen.

Try waiting a few days and testing with one of the digital tests.

And based on your LMP, you only be 3 weeks 5 days, or 12 DPO. My EDD is Oct 31st, so if you are pg, that should put you around the 5th of Nov.

Congrats!

Andi

Do you mean there wasnt enough hcg on the first test that i took a few days ago or the ones i took today? I took 3 of them today all spaced out over the day and they all showed faint lines.If its really faint does it mean that i am not that far along?
Exactly, if you took one a few days ago chances are the egg was still traveling and hadn't implanted. Now the egg is cozy and making it's home and putting off HCG, which is detected by the test.

Andi
Well the thing is my husband and i just started having sex on feb 3 and then before that i hadnt had sex for about 6 months cause he's in the navy based over seas? what could that mean?and what does DPO mean?
Andi.
you are helping me out with alot of my questions. thank you so much.. i have tons more.. i am so clueless on the whole pregnancy thing. We are hoping that it is positive.
You were most likely fertile around the 8th-12th of Feb, it takes anywhere from 6-10 days to reach the uterus and implant. When it finally implants, it causes your body to start producing hcg. DPO means days past ovulation, or when your ovary released the egg.

Sounds like you caught it early like i just did. Make an appt with your provider to confirm you result. If you aren't already, you need to start taking a prenatal vitamin with folic acid. If you ar eon any meds, talk with your doctor asap to make sure they are still safe to take. There are a few really good websites that can help answer questions for you:

www.babycenter.com
www.pregnancy.org

And of course we are always here to help.

Andi
The ovulation dates aren't certain, not everyone ovulates on day 14 of their cycle. I forgot to add that in my prior post.

Andi
How early were you when you first found out? like 2 weeks or 3.. if i was fertile around the 8th-12th. How far along would i be? i was also told that you cant find out that early cause there isnt enough HCG but then i looked a chart and i seen that it doubles alomst every week or few days? is that true? plus i havent missed my next period yet but i am due to start on the 8 or march 1?
Also how does the ovulation times work out? i dont know how to calculate when i am and when i am not?
When I found out, I was considered to be about 3.5 weeks pg. It is counted from your LMP, not when you ovulated. So my calculation is based on the LMP you gave of Jan 27th. The fertile dates were just given as an example, you could have ovulated later than that. And some pregnancies can be detected as early as 6 days after conception via blood tests. As far as detection with a home pregnancy tests, many can and do find out their are pregnant at 12 days past ovulation. Generally, in the beginning of pregnancy, your hcg levels will double every 48 hours. So if you took tests today that measured at 25 and they showed light +, then if you waited until Sunday and took a digital one (they detect at 25-50) you should then get a + on those as well.

I can't tell you when you are due to start your period as I do not know how long your cycle typically is.

Andi
As a general rule, a woman will ovulate on day 14 of her cycle (or 14 days after her period starts) but not everyone ovulates "on time" and so varoius ways have been created to help a woman detect when they are ovulating. Various methods include basal body temperature, monitoring cervical mucus, noting ovulation cramps, etc. I have never done the basal body temperature thing or the cervical mucus thing and only since having my 2nd child have i noticed ovulation cramping. I have a fairly regular cycle and was able to use an ovulation calendar in the past.

Andi
So if your counted from your last period does that mean a person would get pregnant before the that? that would be inposible cause i didnt have sx before then the first time was on feb 3. I dont think i understand what you mean.
Is it that they crount from then but that doesnt mean you were pregnant at that time when i was on my period. my cylces are 28 days and last about 4 days. i dont think i understand i am sorry.. could you epxlain it to me
No, you were not technically pregnant while you were on your period, but universally, obstetrics calculates your pregnancy from the first day your last period as a nice neat way to do it. Not every woman ovulates on day 14, so this takes that into consideration. While technically you conceived on or around day 14 of your cycle, doctors don't count from that day as there is no hard and fast way to tel exactly when conception took place.

Andi
so then if i am about 3 weeks then would it explain why i am getting a faint pink line on a first response pt and a faint blue + on a ept? i mean i can see them find but they are light pink?
Themost important thing to remember when taking home pregnancy tests is to read them within 10 minutes. ANy result that develops after ten minutes is considered incorrect. On some brands of pregnancy tests a light silver/grey line may appear after 10 minutes. This is commonly called an evaporation line. IF you read your test within the appropriate time frame and the results have color to them, you can assume you are pregnant. That being said, you really do need to make an appointment with your doctor to confirm the results of the test.

Again, I highly recommend getting a digital test and taking it on Sunday, after your levels have a chance to rise a little more. At that point, if the test indicates you are pregnant, you can call on Monday and schedule an appt with an OB.

BTW, you mentioned dh was Navy, y'all based in the northwest? You don't have to answer, just curious : )

Andi
No, my dh was USAF but we live in a navy town (we are back in his hometown, his folks were navy) I just thought I would throw it out there, we have so many dang Navy bases here you never know!

Is it starting to set in? Congrats, btw! Have you checked out the websites? You can create pg calendars that will explain every little thing about your pg as it progresses. As always, make sure you get into to see your doctor. Any questions you may have, definitely feel free to ask, someone is always here (I seem to pull the "late shift" as I am on the West Coast)

Andi
Oh it sounds like a bfp to me. Congratulations sweetie thats such wonderful news!!!!
so 3 of them coming up positive with a light line means i'm pregannt?
Andi.
Cody is based in Japan right now.. i was in the air force and just got seperated. We are in oklahoma right now, he had to come home on tad orders his dad is sick... is your husband in the navy. I used to live in ohio and i have brother that are station in washington and cali?
pregnant is pregnant is pregnant. a positive no matter how light it is, is still a positive.

you ovulate (usually) in the 2nd week of your cycle.

you get pregnant in the 3rd week of your cycle.

therefore, by the time you find out you are pregnant (usually the first day you miss your period) your doctor conisders you "technically" already 4 weeks pregnant (even though you only got pregnant the week before).  

This is why htere are 40 weeks in a pregnancy, but people refer to it as 9 months (because for the first official month- you don't know you are pregnant).

Understand?

fyi- pregnancy tests aren't 100% accurate, but typically when you get a "false" reading, it is a false negative. It is extremely rare to get a false positive.

Congrats!!!!
Are you in california? Are you inthe medical field? I woke up this morning and my boobs are sore? what are some of the symtoms (symptoms) i will have right now?
I am in WA, was is the medical field before getting married.

Symptoms can vary greatly from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. Sore breasts are really common in early pregnancy, as is frequent urination, nausea, and fatigue. These hit at varoius points or may not happen at all. Try not to base the health of your pg on symptoms or you will drive yourself crazy!

With my first 2 full term pg, my first symptom was extreme hunger and then fatigue, by the time i hit 6 weeks I started vomitting. Sore breasts hit around 5 weeks or so, maybe a little earlier, but with this one they came on around the time i got the + on the test.

Andi
Andi,
thanks alot.. i really miss the air force i want to get back in. i will prolly go officer next time. i am one quarter away from my Rn. id you ever want to chat my aim is softballchic5675
Too funny, my dh is an avid ball player!! I am not coordinated enough to play ball, besides, someone has to keep up with the monkey's!

Andi
i got light pink line on my test result i took today evening - am i pregnant - yes am trying to conceive
just looking for input,
I had my last normal period on July 5th then very light spotting which I thought was my August period here early on July 28-31. I have not had a period since and I have taken five preg. tests all of which were absolutely positive---yeah. My question is, was the spotting or light period like bleeding I had at the end of July implantation bleeding. Also how far pregnant is one who receives a positive test.

TB
the last day of my last period was the 23rd of Aug,08  I'm not due for my next period for about 8 days, but I took a test yesterday and it said positive and another in the morning and it was positive, but the lines are also very faint? isn't the early miscarriage rate 50% I'm kind of worried about that.
Can someone help me? I'm on my phone n this is the only place I can write a comment lol. I had an ultra sound like june 14th and they said I was under 5 weeks, that's it. I found a reciept saying I bought tampons april 23rd (My periods r irregular so that's why I'm going by the reciept) I have no idea how far along I am, and I can't really go by my last missed period.can somebody plz email me to help !! ghetto_gurlxox***@**** pleasSssse!
just wondering how far pregnant i am and how long to go if im due on the 6th of october 2010?
ok the first day of my last period was November 17th 2010 and i had sex at about two in the morning december 5th. could i be pregnant?
Hi i have a question i got my period on the 2nd of dec and i took a pregnancy test on the 30th of the sane month and it come up positive would i be pregnant and how far will i be???
My mp came on July 14 th 2012 then it came on aug 4th 2012 (so like a19day cycle in between) and today is sept 12 2012 how far along am I pregnant I know for sure I am I took two hpt and also went to the doctor an got blood test so my question is am I 5 wks or 7wks