Amenorrhea treatment question
So I went to see a gynecologist about not getting a period (it's been almost a year now), and alot of things have been happening to my body. I took Otho-tricyclen for about a month and got off and ever since I haven't had a period, my hairs been thinning, and recently I've started binge eating.

She wants to put me back onto a BCP to treat the amenorrhea, but I really don't want to. I feel like that's the reason all this has happened in the first place. Also, I don't want to be on birth control forever. Are there any other options?

Thanks so much for reading!
From your symptoms, secondary amenorrhea should be ruled out. Secondary amenorrhea is when a woman who has had normal menstrual cycles stops getting her monthly period for 3 or more months.

Causes of secondary amenorrhea include stress and anxiety, malnutrition, depression, overexercising, sudden weight loss or gain (obesity),thyroid disorders and hormonal imbalance due to polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS).Smoking is also associated with secondary amenorrhea. Sometimes tumors of the ovaries and brain may also cause absence of menstruation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

How old are you? I am thinking Menopause if you are older.