An infected mosquito bite on labia?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

An infected mosquito bite on labia?

It seems the mosquito have been very active this summer, because I've been getting bitten all over. I sleep naked and we've had the windows open in my house and some how I'm afraid I was bit on my labia. I'm 18, and sexually active. However, I've only had one partner in the last couple months and I'm fairly certain I haven't contracted any STD. I am sure this is a bite due to the familiar itching and the dense bump on the skin from the bite. After a day or so, it seemed the bite became infected and started to produce pus, much like a large pimple. (I know, it grosses me out too). I've cleaned it a couple times with hydrogen peroxide and have been careful to wear loose fitting underwear and pants to reduce irritation. But since the 3 or so days I've noticed it, it has not gone down. It only produces more pus and has become very painful and swollen. I do not wish to go to the doctor if I can take care of this at home. Also, I shave my pubic hair so I suppose there is the possibility of it being an infected hair or something. Are there any suggestions as to what this could be and how I can get rid of it? I don't wish to explain to my partner that I don't feel like being intimate because Mt. Everest is forming on my vagina.
It could be a misquito bite, or it could just be a pimple or ingrown hair, which that is what it sounds like to me. If it were genital warts it would not be filled with pus, it would look like a wart, with a scaly top.
Hello there,

Just finished reading your comments. Are you aware that your status
lists you as a male ? Just thought I would bring this to your attention.
Regards, Eve :)
Oh, thanks for catching that. I only got this account to ask this question. Didn't realize the gender would just default to male. :P That's kind of silly.
pb95 commented on renae176's status
LandM2009 commented on photo
LandM2009 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals