An infected mosquito bite on labia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

An infected mosquito bite on labia?

It seems the mosquito have been very active this summer, because I've been getting bitten all over. I sleep naked and we've had the windows open in my house and some how I'm afraid I was bit on my labia. I'm 18, and sexually active. However, I've only had one partner in the last couple months and I'm fairly certain I haven't contracted any STD. I am sure this is a bite due to the familiar itching and the dense bump on the skin from the bite. After a day or so, it seemed the bite became infected and started to produce pus, much like a large pimple. (I know, it grosses me out too). I've cleaned it a couple times with hydrogen peroxide and have been careful to wear loose fitting underwear and pants to reduce irritation. But since the 3 or so days I've noticed it, it has not gone down. It only produces more pus and has become very painful and swollen. I do not wish to go to the doctor if I can take care of this at home. Also, I shave my pubic hair so I suppose there is the possibility of it being an infected hair or something. Are there any suggestions as to what this could be and how I can get rid of it? I don't wish to explain to my partner that I don't feel like being intimate because Mt. Everest is forming on my vagina.
It could be a misquito bite, or it could just be a pimple or ingrown hair, which that is what it sounds like to me. If it were genital warts it would not be filled with pus, it would look like a wart, with a scaly top.
Hello there,

Just finished reading your comments. Are you aware that your status
lists you as a male ? Just thought I would bring this to your attention.
Regards, Eve :)
Oh, thanks for catching that. I only got this account to ask this question. Didn't realize the gender would just default to male. :P That's kind of silly.