Anal bleeding... what could it be from?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Anal bleeding... what could it be from?

I've been having blood come out every time use the restroom(#2)... what could be wrong? I'm worried it could be internal bleeding.
Avatar n tn
I cant really tell you much about this cause i never exsperienced it but i sugest you go see your doc cause that aint normal i dont think i could be wrong but if that was me to keep my mind at ease i would go see doc i hope other people write you who have had this kinda problem take care
It is a large amount or just streaking? Sometimes you can have an anal fissure that can be quite startling. Generally, internal bleeding would present not as red blood, but as a coffee grounds type appearance depending on where the bleed is in the GI tract. In either case, I would get in to see your doctor ASAP just to be safe.

Andi
Avatar n tn
could you have a hemmeroid?
Avatar n tn
Yeh most likely it is a hemorroid. Hemorroids (hemorrhoids) turn up if you are under a lot of stress, not eating enough fibre etc. Hemorroids (hemorrhoids) can be internal or externa. You should though see a doctor to be sure. It is better to bare your butt to a doc than to end up with bowel cancer. Goodluck!
Rectal bleeding is never normal, and when you go to the doctor, the first question they will ask is if you are battling constipation.  If so, it is most likely either a hemmorhoid or an anal fissure, both which shouldn't cause much concern.  However, if you are having normal BMs that are not hard in substance, then it is something you need to look into.  The other thing they will ask is what color is the blood- bright red or a darker red, as that can help them detect where the blood is coming from as well.  Lastly, how much blood?  Is it just on the toliet paper, in the stool, or in the water?  Below is a website with further information- if you are battling constipation, I'd recommend adding more fiber, exercise, rest and most importantly water to your diet.  If not- schedule an appointment with your doctor.  Good luck!

http://health.allrefer.com/health/stools-bloody-info.html
Avatar n tn
I agree, the first step is to see a Dr. It could be a simple fissure or something worse. You should go ASAP and get checked out because there are several intestinal diseases that are serious or even deadly. Hopefully you are just a little constipated. Let us know how it goes.

Abbydoll
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
krichar commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals