Any alternative to the Pill?
Hi, I'm heading overseas for a couple of months and didn't particularly want to get my period while I was away. Apart from the obvious is there any other alternatives to the pill? I have been off the pill for about 2 years now, as I was feeling quite nauseas and wanted to get my body body back to normal, so I didn't really want to go back on it unless I have to. Thanks.
If you don't want to get your period there are pills that make it so you only get your period 4 times a year like Seasonal. But some question whether or not it is safe or healthy. I would recommend using a more natural approach like charting your basal body temperature (or 'bbt'). You can learn more by reading 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' by Toni Weschler. I'm trying to get pregnant so I've been charting for awhile now at www.fertilityfriend.com but you can also use it to help not get pregnant. I plan on never going back on birth control again and just charting instead. Since you can only get pregnant before and during ovulation (the release of an egg) it's kind of crazy to take a pill all month long when you can just avoid sex during those days of the month.