Any explanations for Spotting, Breast Tenderness besides pregnancy?
I had sex with my husband on 5/23 and on 5/25 and 5/26 had some VERY minor spotting (brownish/LIGHT pinkish) that has never happened before.  Also, on 5/27, my breasts became very sore and have continued to be very sore since then.  I bought a pregnancy test that said it could be used up to 4 days before I expect my period (which is expected 6/6) and took it today (6/4) - it was negative.  I was wondering what the other possibilities were for this problem (other than pregnancy) and also how likely it is that these symptoms are due to pregnancy?  Any info would be EXTREMELY appreciated.
tmv
If hpt are neg, then it may be fluid retention due to hormonal fluctuations. This occurs time to time for no apparent reason and sometimes resolves itself. But if it is persistant, I would make a gyn appt to be sure. The spotting may be your period trying to start. Have you been under a lot of stress lately or ttc? Best wishes.
I don't think I've been under any more stress than usual (other than not wanting to be pregnant right now).  I've been on oral contraceptives for 10 years but got pregnant about 2 years ago without missing a pill or anything else so I'm a little nervous that it has happened again.  I am extremely regular and get my period like clockwork every 4th Wednesday (that would be the Wed. coming up).  I would think that it would be highly unlikely for me to be pregnant again but I am still eagerly anticipating my period this month!  Are breast tenderness and spotting likely without being pregnant?
tmv
If you are on bc pills, and take them as you stated, then you should not be pregnant. However, you should call your dr to let him know that you are having the spotting prior to your period. He may want to strengthen the dosage. Best wishes to you.