Any signs of cancer?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Any signs of cancer?

OK, my mom just recently found lymph nodes in her body which was kinda wierd. I don't remember exactly where she found it but i do remember one was in her neck area and one was in her sthomach area (i think). At the time she went for her first visit she was very ill and tired looking. They did a chest scan/blood test and so forth and the doctor prescribed her with biaxon or something. 2 days after the visit (and using the pills) she had some sort of red rash which wasn't itchy or anything. She went to the doctor right away to see if it was an reaction to her medicine. Unfortunatly, her doctor was confused because she doesn't know what is happening till she get's the results of her blood test and took her off biaxon. Today, we got the results of the blood test and found out she was negative for TB and her liver/everything seemed perfect from the blood test. Now with my understanding lymph nodes are a cause of bacterial/viral infections. The doctor said she doesn't have bacterial infections so she can't prescribe her with an antibiotic. She suspects it's a virus infection so she said my mom had to wait for a week to see if her lymph nodes gets smaller or something. Also, my mom had pain in both of her legs (right leg specificly) which hasn't gone away since her first visit to the doctor. Her fever is gone now and she seems a little more energetic. Does she have cancer by any chance? The doctor said to come next week to discuss about improvements and stuff and she said she might recommend a lymph node biopsy. But the wait is too long for me. :(
if the lymph nodes get smaller after she finds them, then that is a good sign that its not cancer. also, you cant self diagnose when it comes to lymph nodes. a person would drive themselves crazy when it comes to lymph nodes. if in doubt, see another doctor for second opinion....
FYI--lymph nodes can swell as a result of many things...a scratch that gets infected, a bug bite, etc.  Never, never try to self-diagnose with symptoms like that.  A simple cold can cause lymph nodes to swell.  Now, if the node was swollen for a month, with no relief, then I would probably seek the advice of a doc.  But, since you already know it is bacterial, she probably does have a viral infection.  It just has to run its couse.
Oh and i almost forgot. The only problem now is her pain in her legs/waistline which makes it difficult for her to walk. If you touch it, it becomes verrry painfull. But we went shopping and all sorts of activities and nobody notices it. She should be walking in an unusual stance......and the lymph nodes which we don't know why it's still there.
Well, does the cbc indicate if cancer is involved in any way? Her cbc shows everything was normal.... And should i get her to do the lymph node biopsy asap instead of having to wait the following week?
I was wondering how your mother is doing?  I developed similar symptoms, just more numerous recently.  July 1 the lymph nodes beneath and down the underside of my arms began swelling.  In a few days they were the size of walnuts and throbbed and burned severely.  A doctor labeled it lymphadenitis and gave me amoxcillin.  While my lymph nodes began to improve, my legs began to hurt.  Now, the nodes are almost normal, but my legs are so painful it's difficult to go to the grocery store.  I am also swelling from toes to hip and around my trunk.  My hands have some edema, but not as much as the other areas.  
redheadaussie Back in Good old Aus. Soooo... Comment
redheadaussie commented on redheadaussie's status
veronica0808 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals