Any women who were pregnant even though they got multiple BFN?Please he...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Any women who were pregnant even though they got multiple BFN?Please help!

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for anyone out there who have had many negative h.p.t even though they were actually pregnant.I've been reading here and there that it's possible.I'm going crazy thinking I may fit into that same situation.My husband & I have been TTC for 11 months now.I always have regular 26 day periods.I was supposed to get AF on 7/20 but didn't.I did however have very odd spotting and little bleeding on the 11th.It started w/ brown discharge then turned light pink then red but not heavy like a period.It then eventually tapered off back into brown discharge only the last few days.I took a hpt this morning (my husband insisted) but it was a BFN!=O( Still no AF either of course.I also had this horrible sharp pain last night for a few hours on my right side down low.I had already gone to the dr. on the 12th & she told me if I didn't get my AF then to test but NOTHING!So that is my reason for this post.Any ladies out there reading this that may have had this experience and ended up being pregnant please tell me your story...I'm looking for some hope!I swear I thought I was pregnant this time!!!=O(
Thankyou in advance for any and all of your input and stories.And congrats to all that despite their BFN they ended up being preggo afterall! =O)
Why don't you just insist on a blood test?  It would end your wondering in no time.  
(they aren't expensive just in case you are going to say next you don't have insurance or something.  Call your doctor, explain your weird bleeding and INSIST on a blood test).  Don't even try to say you don't have a doctor.  

Or just wait. That's free.  Take another test in a week.

I have read about women who were pregnant but had neg tests and also 'periods'. I mentioned this a while back cos I thought the same may be happening to me and was told these stories are very rare. I think u need to try to be as objective as u can cos maybe ur not pregnant but want to be so much that ur looking for other answers. Im not saying this is the case but just an idea. Maybe if u get some bloods done that may show something. And also watch this pain in the right side, as u may have an ectopic, hopefully not but u want to catch it early if it is.

I hope u really are preg this month! Maybe u could go to I think its mymonthlycycle.com it was on another post from today and u could try to work out when u ovulated and see if ur testing a bit too early? Try in another couple of days cos the HCG levels should of risen by then if u are.

All the best let us know how u get on
You're only 2 days late for AF, so maybe you just tested too early. I agree that you should either ask for a blood test, or just wait a couple more days and test again.

Yes, it's rare when someone tests negative and they are more than 5 or 6 weeks pg. But it's not rare when someone is only 4 weeks along.

I do have a doctor actually mentioned in my first post that I went to the doctor on the 12th this month.She wasn't very helpful she gave me a urine test in the office but was neg.Her explanation for the odd spotting/bleeding was it could be a weird cycle.Then said if I didn't get my period as expected on the 20th to test again because I could be pregnant.So I did and still no AF and still a BFN.Believe me I have done some serious homework on all of this stuff.I do know this June 24th last AF, possible conception (ovulation) July 6th, July 11th 3:00 p.m. odd spotting & bleeding (implantation?) possible...(And did of course have sex MANY times the entire first week of July).So I know it's a could possibility that I could be preggo!But still BFN.I have read soooooooo many stories of other women in the same situation as me and ended up finally getting a BFP after several BFN.I do want to have a blood test done the thing is my dr. didn't offer it the last time and didn't mention I should have one done if I missed my AF either.Only a hpt!I'm going to give it another week if nothing I will call my dr. and demand a blood test. =O)

I actually use my monthly cycles for the last few months now.And I know my fertile days were in the beginning of July.It actually all makes so much sense.My last AF was June 24th, my expected ovulation was June 6th (We had lots of sex all that week) then on July 11th I started the weird spotting/bleeding/cramping (implantation?) good possibility.Now NO af.I've NEVER missed an AF and NEVER had unexplained spotting.Can you see why I think I could be preggo?This is the first unusual month I've had since trying to conceive.I feel so different too.My stomach just isn't the same.Also about the women having "periods" when pregnant.I have a 9 year old son and I was 18 when I found out I was preg w/ him.Thing is I didn't know until about 3 months because I kept getting what I thought was my period!(I was young and unaware of when I should be getting my period so when I saw blood every month I assumed it were my period).Finally one month it didn't come so I tested and I was pregnant but to my surprise (not newly pregnant but 3 months pregnant.)Well, thanks for your comment and good luck if you are also ttc.I will keep you informed.

Thanks for your comments.The only reason I tested now was because my doctor told me if I didn't get my AF on the 20th as expected I should test again.So I waited until today, I wanted to wait longer because I couldn't bare to see another BFN.But, my husband insisted I take one and handed me the money and took me to the store I told him I wanted to wait but he didn't.=O)He doesn't realize that it is still possibly too early to get a BFP.He just figures if it's negative it's negative.Well, I will try again next week if still nothing I think I may be calling the dr. and demand a blood test before I go totally crazy!!!Also you mentioned it's very rare for someone to get a BFN after 5 weeks but I have read about so many women saying they were so much further along before getting BFP, I read about two that actually did'nt get them until 3 months.Crazy huh?With my luck I'm that 1% out of 100.I'll keep you posted...
the 11th might actually be a little early for implantation bleeding.  It usually only happens one week before your expected period, from what I've heard.  

Also, how many days did the light bleeding/spotting last?  My last cycle I thought I was pg because my period was late and hardly came at all--just a medium flow the first day and barely spotting the next day, differing in color to my normal cycle as well, and that was it.  (I always have EXTREMELY heavy periods that last around 5 days.)  I thought it might be implantation, but it too late for that.  It ended up just being a REALLy strange cycle for me.

On the flip side of things, it often takes a few days for a pos result to show up on a hpt, especially since you say your cycles are kind of short (26 days, right?)  I would wait a few more days and test again with fmu.

(((((baby dust)))))

Thanks for your comment.I actually have been looking into how long exactly until implantation happens and it said anywhere from 5-10 days after ovulation.So it is possible.The spotting started off as clear & light brown once and then hours later light pink (something I never had) then hours later for about two days of reddish but not heavy at all then turned brown (only when I wiped it showed) the brown discharge finally dissapeared about 2 or 3 days ago.My usual periods start off HEAVY right away (I use 2 super plus tampons at once every 4 or 5 hours)sorry tmi, and only last about 3 days.And as I said are always on time and very regular.Well, I'll keep ya posted.Thanks for the baby dust...Baby Dust to you too if you are TTC.=O)
Yes, I've heard of women not getting a BFP until they were much further along, but usually, they're not testing the entire time. My former roomate didn't get a BFP until she was 4 months along, BUT, she had a couple negatives early on, so she quit testing. Her cycles were irregular, so she wasn't concerned about 2 missed periods. She also had some period-like bleeding early on, which wasn't actually a period.

Good luck, and I hope you get some good news soon.
Are you on any TTC boards?  I just joined one and it is so encouraging!  It's also great to be able to ask these sorts of questions and find out if others are or have experienced the same thing(s).  Check out pregnancy.org--I love it!

...and yes!  Thanks for the baby dust!! :)
Hi it took me 6 weeks after I had that kind of spotting your talking about to get a positive test. I had to go to family planning to finally get one but I got it. And I'm almost 5 months pregnant now. I feel your pain. Good luck with the trying and getting the result that you want. BABY DUST TO YOU!

Thanks for your comment.It's nice to hear something good!Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!I don't even know you but I am so happy for you.I'm going to try and let some time past and wait it out as long as I can and then test again.My next expected AF isn't until August 21st.That's a LONG time away.According to the calculations I did online I would be 4 weeks 2 days pregnant right now.So I'll give it a few nore weeks.Hopefully I don't go crazy by then!!!=O) Thanks for the baby dust!!!And CONGRATS once again.I will keep ya posted!