Anyone else use Seasonique (Birth Control)?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
Okay so im needing some serious advice...I dont want to be on my period at the end of november because my boyfriend is coming into town....i am on seasonique and iv called my doctor and asked if i could take my yellow pills now instead of at the end of november....she said that it was possible but it could mess up my cycle....im not sure what that means...or i can just not take the yellow pills and get a new pack and continue the blue pills....does anyone know if that is safe? my doctor said that it was fine but i would rather just have a period instead of not having one for 6 months..... what should i do? any suggestions would be appreciated
O.k., I just stopped taking Seasonique today.  I'm 28 years old.  It has been 5 months and it absolutely wrecked me.  It began with muscle twiches and very painful cramps, then to shoting pain---but I stuck it out.  Bad idea: I've lost the ability to do much of anything without anxiety attacks, feeling faint all the time, shaking uncontrollably, high blood pressure, crazy heart pulpations, crazy thoughts about fear, I've lost confidence; everything has been going haywire.  But, I wanted to allow my body to adjust.  Take my advice, not worth it.  Ive almost crashed, I havent been able to drive properly due to pain, lightheadedness, heavy cramping and when I finally did get my period it was crazy heavy for 5 days.  Seriously, crazy heavy, I thought I was bleeding out!  But, I stuck it out and still had to make it to work everyday.  It interfered with work, my ability to work, everything, but I had to keep it under wraps.  I would even hallucinate during heavy attacks.  Before Seasonique, I was healthy, happy in my relationships, LOVE my job, LOVE my husband, very confident, very adventurous, solid head on shoulders...now, it's debilitated me.  Don't be stubborn like me and stay on it, I think I'm lucky to be here and hopefully I can recover.  Hope my story saves just one...or more =)
Thank you!!! I thought I too was losing my mind. I already suffer from severe anxiety that was finally getting under control, then I started the Seasonique. I was having irrational thoughts about getting my kids taken away, and was totally depressed. I thought it was a combination of my anxiety, depression, and quitting smoking. I have only been on it for 2 weeks, but from day one I noticed things just weren't right. I have breast discomfort, not pain, but they are noticeably bigger. No break thru bleeding, but I do have the stomach pain and gas, really bad gas! My friends could tell too. They kept telling me that I was just not myself.
I have not taken OCP's for many years because of blood pressure issues, but the dr. reassured me that my pressure was under control and I would be fine taking it. The only reason I went on it was because my husband and I were tired of condoms, and he is too big a of chicken to get a vasectomy. A tubal is too invasive, so I figured I would either go on OCP's or get an IUD. The dr. talked me out of the IUD and told me to try Seasonique.
I work at an OB/GYN office, and I will make sure that anyone that is prescribed this medicine knows about these side effects. I will also be talking to the drug rep to see if the company is aware of these problems that users are having.
I stopped taking it tonight! Hopefully I can get some rest tonight knowing that I am not going to have to check myself into mental health. I just wish I would have known about all of this before I spent the last two weeks feeling this way.
I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one, either! I went on Seasonique after having my third son. I did ok as far as the periods. But, it made me very moody, I had no interest in sex, headaches, I even noticed that my upper lip has darkened a little bit. That makes me really embarrassed!! Has anybody else had this happen??
I think that Seasonique is probably the best thing that has happened to me. I used to get cramps so bad that I would pass out, puke, or to the point where I couldn't stand. I had to call into work whenever I would start my period because I was in so much pain. I have experienced some of the same side effects as ya'll, but that always happens when you first start a birth control. You have to let it kick in. I was on the NuvaRing about 5 years ago but quit and now I am on Seasonique. Your body needs to adjust to the hormones and even if you switch to a differ birth control, it will mess your body up just as bad. It took my body almost a month to get back to normal. I had swollen breasts, lack of sleep, horrible gas, impatience, and slight cramps for a month. Now, I just have spotting, which is annoying, but I don't have any pain. I am on my last week of my first 3-month cycle and everything is going great. Give it some time (like any other birth control) and you'll do fine. :)
I just started taking Seasonique this past Sunday.  I started the pill to avoid having my period in 2 weeks when I see my boyfriend in London.  Since I see him so rarely, I definately did not want my period when I was there.  Since I just started, will I still get my period that week?  
Seasonique was a nightmare for me personally. I just got off it a week ago and am already feeling better. I was on it for a little over a year. It caused me severe headaches. Anxiety attacks which i never had before, leg numbness and irrational thoughts. I am a healthy person and am 25 with a child so the affects of this pill were definaltey a problem. I also had a hard time gaining weight on this pill. I dont recommed this pill to anyone. I was so jittery too and had no sex drive which caused stress on my marriage. Def think twice about this pill.
I have just started taking the seasonique and so far everything seem to be fine.  I just came off the Yaz due to the mood swings, severe menstral cramps, headaches, pimples, to name a few.  I am hoping that everything will remain the same for the next few weeks.

I think that everyone react differently to the pills, so if one brand does not work for you then try something else.

What I would recommend is that you take the Seasonique pills at the same time every day.  Set your clocks, phone, whatever you have so that you would remember.  I take mine at 6:30am everyday.  Not sure if that helps but so far it is working for me.
I started seasonique a month and two weeks ago...the side effect i experience was extreme itching everywhere on my body! Then, for the past 2 weeks I developed a severe rash. Then, today I am having hot flashes & chills (mostly on my forearms?!?) I stopped seasonique as of yesterday and ended up having to go to the walk-in clinic because my rash was very bad. I got prednisone for my rash. I am 37 and fairly in good health. I do have some anxiety problems and in reading some of the information posted I am soooo glad I am stopping Seasonique now!!!! I know there are side effects with any medication esp bc pills, but this is crazy!!! All these side effects so we don't get our period??? Is it worth it??? I can't take it. I am so glad I am off of the stupid pills!!! Just gonna go on regular bc pills....it's what my body was meant to do ya know. I feel bad for those who have had worse problems on this pill.  My heart goes out to you.  Thanks for listening!
I am starting my 9th week of Seasonique and haven't experienced any of the major side effects others have mentioned. When I started taking it, I actually found this blog/site and was absolutely terrified that I was going to bleed everyday I was on the pill or it was going to ruin my life, I even went back to my doctor and told her about some of the side effects others had listed and that I was concerned. However, everything has been just fine so far.
Prior to starting Seasonique, I had been using another BCP- Desogen- to extend the time between my periods by taking 2 packs of active pills (6 weeks) then the inactive pills for a week to have a "period." This worked fine for my body, I decided to switch because I was spending a lot of extra money buying more packs of Desogen, so when I got new health insurance I decided to try a new pill that was designed for what I wanted it to do.
At the end of my 7th week, I started spotting, which turned into a typical birth control period that lasted a bit longer than what my periods had on Desogen, but was much lighter as well. So my body is still on the 7-week cycle that I had started with the Desogen, so if you're on a typical 4 week cycle, expect a "period" or bleeding to start in your 4th week because that's what your body is used to.
So if there's anyone else reading this blog who is terrified by some of the side effects people are listing, remember that 1) People who have good experiences with pills/medications/anything actually, are less likely to go looking for information or blogs about other people's experiences and 2) All of the side effects people have listed are possible with any birth control pill, it's just about finding what works best or just works at all with your body.
My doctor told me I might be at a slight advantage for taking this pill than most because I had been extending time between my periods for about 2 years with my old BCP, which I took "normally" for about a year before that. Maybe if you're looking for a pill to start, start with a "normal" cycle pill for awhile, then use it to lengthen the time between periods, and then switch to Seasonique. But remember, everyone reacts differently, so give it time, but if you have serious reactions do stop taking it and see your doctor! Best of luck!
See previous post - It's been almost 3 weeks since I stopped taking Seasonique-and I am getting my skin back!!!  I took a walk around Balboa Park with out any of the symptoms that plagued me for 5 months!!  I was so excited =)  I am able to drive again!!!  I feel like I got a new lease on life.  I cannot express enough how excited I am to be getting this stuff out of my body!!  I FEEL my skin coming back to me, it is amazing!  Be careful girls; stopping this pill has returned my life to me.  Best of health to all =0)
So i started Seasonique 4 weeks ago. I can not remember to take the pills! I forgot a pill like twice in the first two weeks. But i just forgot the pill for 3 days in a row! I have unprotected sex those three days also. What are my chances for being pregnant? Any advice helps.
I would like to know if anyone has experienced problems with headaches when switching to Seasonique?
I have been on and off Birth Control, (mostly on) since age 11 to control crazy periods. When I was 20 I switched to Depo since the pill didn't stop me from bleeding anymore. I stopped the Depo in 2006 (age 32), but since I was in the midst of a divorce, no sex, I didn't see the need to keep taking it. My period finally came back in May of 2008. I've been on a couple monthly period pills with no complaints. However, I am in a serious relationship and we together decided that we would rather have less periods.
I have been on Seasonique for a month now and I have had a headache EVERY day. Some have been extremely bad. They get worse as the days go on.
I really don't want to go back to Depo as we are thinking of children in the future. But I don't want to go back to a monthly period pill either if the headaches are being caused by something else.
The pill works for me (birth control wise) because I have no problems remembering to take the pill everyday.

I am just miserable with the headaches. If Seasonique is casusing it, I want to get rid of Seasonique.
I started taking Seasonique almost 4 weeks ago.  2 weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night and my chin and lower jaw were completely numb.  Totally freaked me out.  The Dr. thought I had an infection of some kind.  Went away within 24 hours.  A few days later I got 2 big itchy welts on my abdomen (like where my ovaries might be located)which lasted about 24 hours (now I think they were hives).  This morning I woke up with the biggest upper lip I have ever seen.  It's kinda funny in a way but it's scary too.  Since I have never had any of these symptoms before, I believe the common denominator is the Seasonique.  No more for me!  Time to talk hubby into the big V!
I will preface my comment by saying that I had a six-week long period that caused the doctor to recommend that I take Seasonique. He wanted me to stop bleeding so that I could get my blood count back up. My bleeding occurred because I stopped ovulating due to ovarian cysts. In addition, I agree that different people are affected differently by the same medication.

I have been taking Seasonique for six weeks and six days. I am 30 years old and long periods are my only health issue.

When I first started taking Seasonique, I had horrible cramping every day for about two weeks. I did not have cramping when I wasn't taking the pill. I'd taken a pill for a few months about two years prior to this. I only had cramping while I was menstruating. Several days after initiation, I had a sudden bout of nausea, and I threw up all over myself while driving to class (this had never occurred before). I had less severe nausea without vomiting for several days after this.

I take Seasonique religiously at 9:00 pm every night (I forgot and took it 10 hours late on three occasions). Despite this, I began spotting on October 20th, and I began severe daily cramping and a light period on November 9th. I am still bleeding. While Seasonique is not likely causing the bleeding, it has not stopped it, and it is causing a new complicating symptom (severe cramping).

Best of luck!!!
I'd just like to clarify, that the only time I'd had cramping before I started taking Seasonique was while I was menstruating on another pill. In other words, I'd never had cramping when I was not on a birth control pill. And when I was on another pill, I only had cramping when I was scheduled to bleed.
I have been through birth control HELL! I was on YAZ for six months and it just wrecked me! Vagianl pain/dryness, panic attacks, the works! Then my friend was on Seasonique and LOVED IT, so I thought ok I'll switch over, and having only 4 periods will be a huge bonus right? Heeeellllllllllllllllllll no! Seasonique was just as bad as the YAZ. I feel miserable, and I've not had prior problems with this stuff. I'm letting my body adjust for a month or two while off birth control; let my hormones get back to normal, then I'm going back on the Nuva Ring. It's sooooo much better. Pease anyone on YAZ or Seasonique, or think about getting on them, PLEASE get off of these! They will screw you up!
Ok, this is my first ever birth control i am on the period week. It was supossed to start sunday but it didn't so.... does this happen to anyone.

This means i have taken  2 yellow pills and still no bleeding....hmm help anyone?
Currently im on Ortho Tricyclen lo... the reason i went on was to stop my cramping and not only because i have a serious boyfriend but so i could prevent pregnancy.  The pill didnt help my cramps... the other night in the car i was crying because of the pain.. and my boyfriend was worried.   i called my doctor and she told me she wants to put me on Seasonique.. after reading all of your forums im a bit nervous.  Im 20 years old.. all i want is to stop the cramping.. im also a hairstylist so mood swings and all that is described above is not what i need.  What should i do? please contact.. ***@****
For the yellow pills, if i start taking them on a sunday i will usually start my period until thursday or friday, so no worries it just takes time. if it may be longer than that, you might want to take a pregnancy test just to make sure.

Sometimes the hormones in a particular pill don't work well with you.  I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen for about three days and experienced mood swings so severe I had to stop.  A friend of mine experienced the same thing on Seasonique, but I have absolutely no side effects.  Everyone's different.  If it doesn't work for you, stop taking it and switch to something else!  We DO have lots of options.

I am taking it continuously (skipping the placebo week) by my gynecologist's instructions--my cramps are so severe that if I have periods I'm laid out for two weeks out of every month--and haven't had a period in over three years, with no ill effects.  (No abnormal weight loss/gain, no blood pressure increases, no mood swings whatsoever, no headaches...and my skin is pretty clear.)  On occasion, usually if I'm sick, I get a tiny bit of spotting, though it's a very small amount of blood and is usually painless.
umm question..... to those complaining about yaz...... you do realize that its not just birth control right? its made for people with PMDD, if you dont have it or any ofthe symptoms your dr shouldnt give it to you! Also i'm on seasonique now becasue Yaz wasn't helping my PMDD i literally had cramps EVERYDAY of the month- it was hell no matter if i was on birth control or not.  Yaz made the cramps less intense (i wasn't curled up in a ball crying from the pain) but didn't stop them completly.  Seasonique has made them almost go away! I'm still on my first pack so i've gotten a few twinges at the 4th week and the 8th week, bit i can function.  Also PMDD causes SEVERE mood swings, (so much that many who have it are prescribed paxil) and i haven't had any. Even my husband noticed that I'm more level and I feel better! THe only side effect i've had is some vaginal dryness and spotting (which would be my own fault since I missed a pill a few times).  Some people have bad reactions to drugs, everyone complaining of itching- maybe you should have your hormone levels checked.  If you switch from a high dose BC to low dose, you body takes a while to begin to produce the hormones they were receiving from your last BC.  (yes if you have low hormone levels itching all over is a symptom!) Maybe its not the medications fault- maybe you have a medical problem you don't know about.
as anyone experience heavy spotting with thick blood clots while still on the active seasonique pills? I satred on the 7 weeks ago and for the last 7 days have had a period with no end in sight. Is this normal including the clots passing through
I have been on Seasonique for about 2 years now, I'm 27.  I was taking Ortho Try Cyclen lo prior to that for a few years, and decided to switch to have fewer periods and because I was having mood swings.  I have not had a lot of problems with break through bleeding, but it seems like every month gets worse with my other side effects- I have horrible cramps which I never had before, very low sex drive, and insane mood swings.  Like clockwork, the day before my period and for the first few days I'm insane, crying about everything, then I get horrible cramps - it literally feels like someone is wrenching my insides.  The mood swings are the the worst part, I think I'm going to have to switch again, but I'm sick of trying new things and "sticking it out" only to find out that I feel crazy and alone.  I want to get off the pill, but it is just not convenient since I have a boyfriend.  I am thinking about either switching to another pill (maybe Lybrel) or doing a shot or patch - has anyone had a good experience with anything??
I've read the first page of bloggers and thought I would share my story, there are so many here to read I didn't know if others have suffered as I have. I have recently spent eight days in the hospital after discovering blood clots had distroyed one half of a lung. Doctor originally diagnosed my short breath, side pain, weakness and coughing on pneumonia and put me in the hospital. Another doctor made the statement he believed it was blood clots, prescribed the CT scan and proved to be correct. Cause of the clots, Seasonique prescribed to control excessive menstral bleeding due to "The Change". Three  weeks later I am on a heavy dose of Coumadin blood thinner, weak, in constant pain, short of breath and coughing incessantly. The doctor says it could take a very long time to heal and said I made it to the hospital just in time, this came very close to killing me. I am thankful to be alive!
Wow I'm really scared now. I'm 18 years old (19 in january) and I've just started taking the pill a week and a half ago. I'm a lesbian, and I'm not on the pill to avoid pregnency, but to hopefully lighten my period. I'm worried after reading a lot of what was written. Will I end up parinoid if I get off the pill? Is this worth it or should I think of another way to help myself? I just need some insite from another woman who's been on this longer than I have. My period is usually heavy, but since I started the pill (which was the first day of my period) it's been light, but it's still coming. Is this normal? My email is Sophie.***@**** if anyone has some personal insite they can help me with. I want to ask my mother, but I'm the 1% of babies that are born from mothers on birth control and I'm not sure she'd have much to say.
I too am about 2mths into my first 91 days of Seasonique. I have had break through bleeding that has progressively gotten heavier with clotting. I got on this for the convenience of not having a period every month. Now I have had one every day for the past 2mths. My doctor said to stick it out and that the bleeding should lessen. However, I am genuinely sick of it. When is the best time to get off of it?
I am on my 2nd cycle of Seasonique. During the first 3 months I had no problems until... I got my period the week before the placebo pills, that was almost 2 months ago and I have bled every day since. My poor boyfriend is just about as sick of it as I am. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't taking it at the same time every day, but I doubt it. I am 23 and have been on the pill since I was 16 because the pain use to be so bad I would pass out, vomit, and not be able to see or stand. I have been on 3 or 4 different kinds of birth control and have NEVER had any problems aside from my body getting used to the formula which is why I've been on many different kinds. The reason my GYN put me on Seasonique was because the pain was starting to come back. Now I don't have cramps at all on Seasonique, but I just won't stop bleeding. It's not heavy all the time but it's definately enough to warrant a tampon. I am so sick of this, I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble. I'm going to call me GYN today.
Ok, I have been taking Seasonique for 3 months and just got off the light pills. I'm a little concered though, because though there was warning of breakthrough bleeding, I have been spotting for over a month now. As it says that there will only be about four days of spotting during the light colored pills, I have had a full blown period for about 8 days, causing rashes and discomfort. I am considering getting off of these pills and seeing my doctor, but without medical insurance, that is too expensive. It is interesting that breast inlasgement is a side effect I was unaware about, as I have been having serious issues with just that.

Perhaps it is better that I go on a differant pill, as my dr refuses to allow me the depo, due to risks.  I'm absolutely tired of the constant bleeding and am now afraid that the pill may not be working at all.
In your post you made the following comment regarding your break through bleeding

"I thought maybe it was because I wasn't taking it at the same time every day, but I doubt it."

Not taking Seasonique/Seasonale at the same time everday DIRECTLY affect break through bleeding.  Different peoples bodies react differently, so your results may be a little different from mine, but I've been taking seasonique for almost 2 years now and the ONLY time I've had any break through bleeding is when I don't take it on time each day.

By on time, I don't mean 8pm one day and then 9pm the next day, and then 8:30 the next day.  By on time I mean 8 pm EVERYDAY.  When I do not take it on time everyday (8pm one day and 10pm the next day) within the next few days break through bleeding will occur.

From Seasoniques website, and I'm sure its in the information packet that comes with your birth control that all women taking it should read:

"Take your pill at the same time every day: It helps maximize pregnancy prevention and minimize spotting and breakthrough bleeding as your body adjusts to SEASONIQUE®."
I have been on Seasonique for about 5 weeks now. I have not been on BC for 6 years before then. I have not had any symptoms scary enough to make me stop and face the agony of my normal period, however there is a slight, almost burning sensation where my ovaries are.  It varies from a slight burn to a slight cramping sometimes. I see that continuous cramping is a side effect, but has anyone else experienced the burning? It actually feels like I am trying to digest something spicy!
I have an update. When I first started taking Seasonique, I had cramping (unusual for me), nausea, and bleeding for weeks (I took the pill at the same time every day).

I am 11.5 weeks in, and I am experiencing no side effects now. I am going to start a new pack instead of taking the yellow pills (with my doctor's okay).

On a side note, I have recently come to the realization that many women (including myself) are informed and empowered enough to seek out proper medical treatment related to reproductive health. For instance, many of us have severe cramping, excessive bleeding, missed periods, etc; and doctors put us on the pill without checking our hormone levels, conducting a pelvic sonogram, or a endometrial biopsy. I was mis-diagnosed for the first two years of my menstrual issues because doctors did not run enough tests. I hope that we all continue to educate ourselves and each other. :)
Okay, so i take seasonique, and you know you're only suppose to get your period every 3 months... i had mine in October like i was suppose to...but then i had a period in Novemeber, and here it is December, and i've started again. Why would this be happening?
I just got on Seasonique six weeks ago, and I got my period right when I always get my period, it was so painful, I was crying.  I got on it to avoid my heavy periods.  Now it is two weeks later, and I am still bleeding, and I just started ANOTHER period. Meaning that one started to taper off and then the cramps came back and the clotting came back and it is like I am going into another period.  I am going off these things mid-cycle.  I don't think it is smart to mess with your hormone levels. There is a reason for painful and heavy periods and there should be other alternatives than going on something so potentially harmful. Does anyone know how long I will bleed for? This *****.
JuicyBear, thank you so much for posting your 2nd comment, 3 weeks later. It gives me a sense of relief that there's light at the end of this 'horrible' tunnel!! I do have a question for you? Did you talk to your OB/GYN about it? How did they react? Did you see a neurologist for your fear of driving or anxeity?  

I stopped taking seasonique after 6 months yesterday. Yesterday I reached a point where I felt helpless, hopeless and lost. My story is very similar to JuicyBear's. It all started all on Halloween this year, for me. I was driving to work with my 2 year old daughter dressed as "little red riding hood"  when all of a sudden I felt faint and dizzy and had to brake all of a sudden and move over to the right most lane. I associated it to stomach bug I had earlier and I thought I needed to eat breakfast. But I never felt fine ever since. Since then, the fear of driving started to build up day after day and I just couldn't drive yesterday! My fear of driving was that I am going to just slip out of my seat and make the car topple over as I fall out of my seat. What a bizzare thought!! And this illogical fear used to just multiply everytime I drive thinking that I am gonna end up in a bad accident and kill my little one!

I somehow made it home last night and was really panicked and shaking from my worst ever driving experience. My husband comforted me and calmed me down. He started talking about what has changed in me or about me and narrowed it down to the "pill" that all of a sudden just seemed fit the missing piece of the puzzle. We looked up and there they were...the serious side effects of the pill and I seemed to be having most of them!

Since the last 7-8 weeks I have been having severe headaches, numbing of different patches on the left side of my body, problems with balance ( I feel like I am gonna fall when I walk or stand), problems with vision, anxeity and panic attacks. I did not realize it could be the pill. I thought it was the stress in life, at work, at home, that was probably driving me crazy. Unfortunately I never checked this forum/blog/posts till today when my OB/GYN made fun of me because I was relating all these symptoms to the Seasonique pill. She just did not want to even accept that there could be a remote chance that my symptoms could be the Seasonique - side effects! She has asked me to go see a neurologist asap and wished me luck to feel better soon!  

A big thank you to everyone who has made an effort to write about their experiences here, be it good or bad. Mine has been a horrible one and I would certainly not recommend Seasonique to any one.

I hope this holiday season brings me back my feeling of healthy and my carefree driving. Happy holidays everyone.
I was on seasonique for 2 months (the month before my wedding and the month after).  For as long as I can remember I've had a sex drive as intense if not more so than many of my guy friends and guys I've dated. Though I never had intercourse before my wedding, I had experimented enough to know it shouldn't have been a problem on my wedding night. However, since using seasonique, even though I've been off it for 3 months now, I have completely lost my libido and I have not yet had a sexual experience that wasn't horribly painful.  None of these happened before the Pill. Did anyone else have this reaction to seasonique? My libido has gone up a little, thought no where near what I had before Seasonique, but the pain is as sharp and present as ever. Someone please help me!
I have a pretty intense sec drive as well. Once I started taking Seasonique it  stopped and yes when I did sleep with my boyfriend it was painful. Since my last post I have been to the doctor and he put me back on my old BC which I am incredibly happy about. I am taking it at the same time every day now and the spotting has subsided a little. Hopefully it will stop completely soon.

Happy Holidays!
Thank you so much for answering. You're the first person to give me real hope :-) I know everything will work out great for you!
Hi all I've been on Seasonique almost a year now. After bleeding for a month straight I have decide to stop taking this pill right now. It has made my cholestrol and blood pressure skyrocket. Anybody have any experience in going off these things? Is it going to get worse before it gets better?
My 15 year old daughter started taking Seasonique because of ovarian cysts that come and go every month. The gyn thought it would be a good idea and I truly trust him. Only problem she just started the yellow pills today and has been bleeding now for 11 weeks. We have been back and forth to the Dr. and assured he thinks it is getting under control. She had a cyst rupture the day after Thanksgiving and was in severe pain. She is extremely athletic and this is really very trying for her. Should I seek another opinion? My friend who is a nurse thinks I am crazy not to have already.
Thanks for everyone posting here, the insight is great.

I started about 7 weeks ago and am thinking about coming off. My symptoms aren't bad, but I would rather not deal with them if hubby can wear a condom. The only reason I was taking it was for bc and hoping that some of my PMS systems would go away, medium cramping, irritated the few days before. But they weren't that bad.

I have had no break though bleeding, spotted one day but that could be because I was 4 hours late in taking my pill the day before.

I do not feel like myself, very easily irritated, my sex drive went poof and is non-existent. Which is kinda of ironic because that is the reason hubby was pushing for me to take them so it would increase. I do also feel like I have a hard time concentrating on anything....which is starting to scare me when I drive.

I know my doc said the side effects would diminish as I continue, but did anyone else see them taper?

I'm talking to hubby tonight and I know he wants me to continue but I think I would rather not. He will tell me it's all in my head, but I do believe I am putting my foot down on this one.
I started taking Seasonique in August of 2008. My decision wasn't to prevent pregnancy but to actually have fewer periods. I have suffered from severe menstrual pain all my life and now I'm in my 30's I decided that enough is enough. My first few months on Seasonique were fine, but by month 4 I started itching all over my body especially at nights. I blamed the itching on my sheets, detergent and bed spread. However on12/24/2008 I woke up with pain in my left leg at the back of my calf. The pain seemed to intensify as the days went by, so I decided to go to the emergency room. After blood work and a sonogram I was diagnosed with a mild form of Deep Venous Trombosis (DTV). This is where the blood in the veins start clotting and can lead to blocked arteries, which can then be fatal. Immediately it was determined that Seasonique was the cause of my miseries and I terminated using it instantly. I am now walking with a cane while taking aspirin and ibuprofen for the pain and to thin my blood. I am praying that I regain full strength in my left leg as soon as possible!  
I'm on my first 3 month pack of Seasonique, and started my period early on week 9.  I've had it for 10 days now, and also today I've been experiencing this gross tissue like substance.. I'm a little worried.  Can anyone tell me what this tissue thing might be?
Hello I am 47 yrs old and I just didn't want to have periods anymore they are too disruptive. I also have been taking seasonique, and at the beginning of the 11th week,which was last Mon,I started bleeding and have been passing what looks like old dried blood or tissue. This is not normal. I also have had either a yeast infection or a bacterial infection now since I've been taking seasonique. This has been a nightmare. All I wanted to do was have fewer periods but my GYN says that my symtoms (symptoms) are because I am in Perimenopause but I did not experience any of this until seasonique. I have decided that it's not worth the risk and the misery anymore and I plan to discuss with my GYN other options such as Ablation or possible removal of my uterus. Thanks for listening
Hello, you had asked what my doctor said when I was having symptoms:  She said it was stress and sent me packing.  Even though I explained I am not stressed; those symptoms are stressing me out, though!  I decided I could no longer live like that and stopped taking the pill.  Almost 3 months have passed and I am feeling great-not 100% yet.  I still take it easy BUT I can walk now!  I walk for 30 minutes everyday.  I have not been able to say that for half a year!  I still feel episodes of the symptoms I was talking about before, but before it was constant 'death'.  This tells me I  have marked improvement.  I can't wait to be 100%!!  It has taken a lot out of me and I feel as though I am on the upswing.  Thankfully, I did not crash or lose my job-both were questionable there for a minute.

I have since seen another doctor who decided to test my thyroid (which I thought was already tested for!)  Gees.  Thyroid came back high last week which would make the side-effects of the birth control that much more intense.  They tested it again on Friday and I get results tomorrow.  

Whats concerning is how unconcerned the original Doc was about my symptoms and how dangerous it was for me.  But, it lead me here so there is something good out of this nightmare.  BTW: My thyroid was tested last year and normal.  What's frustrating is how little people understand unless they've experience this stuff themselves.  

Let me know if you have any other questions.  Take care!
Another thing I would like to mention is I have tried almost everything on the market: Depo made me gain 20 lbs within 3 months, NuvaRing gave me an infection, Ortho and Ortho-Lo had me all over the page with my emotions, but Seasonique is absolutely the worst yet.  

Aside from the symptoms I mentioned earlier, I also had blarring headaches that lasted about 1 month and med's did not help (I hate taking medicine, but I had to), constant 'runs' (really weird, slimy and green) and I was very healthy before getting on Seasonique.  No female in my family has faired well on BC, but we have to be safe so I've tried all my options.  I'm going to a new OBGYN here soon to review other options-which I dunno what's left since I cannot get an IUD.

Good Luck girls!!!  I wish men were open to getting snipped since today's snipping is safe, reversible and no time off of work is needed.  From what I gather, it's pain free.  For us, it's a complicated surgery with time off of work needed.  Why is it the females that have to suffer to be protected?  Or there is the handy condom-whew-fun.

Take care all!  Know here is where you can get support and an understanding ear =)
Tests are back: My thyroid is fine...I guess that's why they test more than once within 1 week.  So, all in all, all that I experienced was from Seasonique-I was right.  My doctor was wrong for advising me to stay on it.  I'm glad I took matters into my own hands!!  Phew-sure is nice getting my skin back =)  
I stated Seasonique 6 weeks ago after transitioning from a lower dose BC taken while breastfeeding.My period started at week 5 and has been going on for a week now. I have NEVER had a period last more than 5 days (at age 35) and it does not seem like it is going to stop.  My sex drive is also not great (which does not thrill my hubby).  I have not had problems on any other BC that I have taken (Orth, patch,etc). but do not think that this is working for me. I have not noticed any of the other side effects that others have mentioned, but the bleeding and reduced sex drive is driving me crazy. I am going to cal my Dr today and ask for something else. I was supposed to have less periods, not more.
I originally stumbled upon this site a little over a month ago, when I was looking for answers and experiences of others since I'd been bleeding on Seasonique for close to 3 weeks at that point.  I started realizing that so many of the additional symptoms others struggled with were affecting me too!  It was such a relief.  I was literally crazy on this pill- completely ridiculous mood swings, crying over the stupidest things, weight gain, extreme hunger, gas, ZERO sex drive, snapping at those I love- all very abnormal for me, I'm a pretty level headed 27 year old.  I have been on other various BC for the past 8 years or so with NONE of these effects.  After I realized it was all related, I called my boyfriend crying because I was so relieved that it wasn't just me!  He encouraged me to stop, and I stopped taking the pills that very day.  Within a week I was feeling better and within 2- 3 weeks I was pretty darn close to normal again.  A remarkable difference.  My sex drive is back (woo hoo!) and I have recently gone back on another pill (LoEstrin24) which I had taken before with no ill effects.  It's so silly that I started this pill to have lesser periods, and then I ended up having a 3 week period and no desire to have sex anyways, coupled only by the fact that I was a complete witch to those I love.  I had such a bad experience with this pill and just wanted to share it with others in case it helps them to make the decision to quit as well.  I stopped cold turkey, I did get a "heavier" form of the bleeding I was already having but after what I would consider a normal period I stopped bleeding entirely.  I had stopped taking this pill already by the time I got a hold of my doc, and luckily she was supportive.  Please, no one else suffer in silence on this pill!  If its not working for you, or you are unhappy with bleeding or other effects this pill is having on you STOP and try something else.  It's only been a month for me and I am already so much happier I did!  Good luck.
all I can say is Thank you, thank you, thank you.  My daughter is 28 y/o and started on Seasonique a few months ago and noticed that she was itching everyday, she would take benedryl every night.  She started noticing last week that she would feel dizzy when she bent over, this past weekend she felt like the blood was rushing to her head and we took her blood pressure and it was high, she was shaking and just felt sick.  She is a good mother but my husband noticed she was loosing patience with her children, which is not like her.  So this morning I went on line to see the side effects of Seasonique and read your story and others stories... I called her right away and told her to throw those pills out!   I have not seen her feel so sick as this weekend, believe me she looked better in labor and delivery!  If it wasn't for your comments and those of the other women on Seasonique, we would have still been guessing.  
ive been on seasonique for over a year now. now ive been heavily spotting dark brown almost black for over 2 weeks! i'm having cramps, and crazy mood swings. i have a doctors appt on tuesday but so far people are just telling me this is normal! i am extremely regular so this IS NOT normal!! anyone have any advice on another pill to switch to? seasonique has also given me a non-existent sex drive! ahhh
During my 2nd week of the 2nd month,  I started spotting dark black blood.   I then had a regular period for a week or so, then went back to spotting this time its regular colored blook. Hasn't stopped since. A few days ago,  heavy heavy bleeding and slight cramps.  I called my obgyn and she said this is normal. my body is getting used to the hormones.   Are you kidding me.  A month of bleeding is normal???    She also adviced to take 3 advil 3-4 hrs to stop the bleeding.  How does advil stop the bleeding??   I am releived when I read this post that I am not the only one who is experiencing this.  Phew.
I am also passing tissue matter.  I have fibroids so I am guessing the pill is shrinking and getting rid of them.   I haven't noticed a change in my sex drive.   I am not having sex because of the constant bleeding.  I did notice a severe mood swing (thought I was going crazy) during my first month.
I will finish the pack and if by the "yellow" pills this bleeding doesn't stop,  I'll be considering something else.
I completely feel your pain! Same exact thing is happening with me, my doctor told me its normal... how can this be normal! I am definitely switching to something else.
I've been on Seasonique for a little over a month now. The first week was fine but i've been bleeding pretty heavy ever since. It seems like im on my period the bleeding isn't as heavy as my period would be but its enough i've been having alot of cramping and headaches as well. I have also had the itching, I accused my man of cheating but now i see it could be from the pill. I think im gonna switch to regular birth control instead of trying to avoid my period for so long.
I have 5 previous posts, please read those first.

I am so happy people are sharing here!  Glad to be of some help.  Today I feel great.  It has been about 3 months since I dropped Seasonique and I have''t looked back!  I hope you all will heal and make good choices for protection.

Contact me if you have any questions =)  Take care!

Gosh, I have to tell everyone.. I was just about to have my hubby take me to the ER..no joke.
I had a the Meriina IUD removed on Jan 15 due to excessive bleeding. I had it for 8 months and I can't remember in those 8 months of having more than a week of NO BLEEDING. So, here I was thinking lets get this thing taken out as soon as possible. Agh... So, the GYN took the IUD out and started me on Seasonique. That was the 15.. I am still bleeding. In the beginning, it was dark blood. But since last monday, I have been bleeding a lot.. more than normal I would think so, anyhow. Thebegan to have blood clots last Monday. Thought nothing of it.. thought that since I had the IUD in, this was the aftermath of it. Until yesterday!! I have been having blood clots that are bigger than a silver dollar and a lot of them. It is just freaking me out!! To say the least. Yesterday I went through 8 tampons within 3 hours. I mean the SUPER tampons. Then this morning it stopped. But guess what. It came back with vengeance. I sit to use the bathroom and the blood is just poring out.. I am calling my Dr. tomorrow to see what to do. I can't think that this could be healthy for me. All I wanted was to have lighter to no periods. After I had my daughter in Oct of 06 my cycles were very Heavy. I thought this was the cure all.. Any advice to give to me? I have been on the pills now 12 days.. But I have never experienced clots and bleeding like this.. not even after I had my daughter.. Looking forward to ANY help out there..
Peace~
Mrs.007
oh boy!!  I'm not sure what to do now!  I started Seasonique in mid december & during a spat of a 17 day period that never seemed to stop.  I've been on bc & anti-depressants for quite awhile but came off of it at the end of Nov. I felt great!  Until now!  My tubes are tied so bc is suppose to help w/ hormone levels. I had a ton of testing done & the only thing that came back was that I was in EARLY stages of menopause (I'm only 38).  My moods are sooooo bad all the time I feel like the Exorcist lady sometimes.  It seems to be coming back now that I'm on Seasonique & my hands go numb all the time now.  Didn't even think it was related to the pill but now I really think it is.  Sex drive is non-existant & this is suppose to be my prime.  What do I do? Yaz was horrible for me too!  I did nothing but bleed.  I'm afraid to stop taking bc because when I ovulate it is the most painful experience.  I can't even walk.
It is such a relief to read these comments.  I too am 38 years old and started Seasonique about six months ago.  Since that time i have headaches that feel almost like 'ice-cream headaches', NO SEX DRIVE, terrible hunger, I wake up with my hands and arms numb, irritability/impatience and fatigue.  I also experience night sweats to where I am soaked (clothes, hair) and burn through my deordant during the day.  Some of these side effects last for the first month and a half but, my sex drive is non-existant which is hurting my relationship with my hubby.  I keep hoping that my body will get use to these pills but, I don't think it's working out for me.  I don't know what to take now and the insurance company has previously charged me eighty dollars to consult with my Gyne doctor!  I just want to quit with pills but I do not want to get pregnant.
Has anyone experienced significant swelling of joints (knees), or a preliminary diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, after taking Seasonique?  
Other symptoms include spotting, weight gain, and breakthrough bleeding.  
Also looking at thyroid with these symptoms, even though the thyroid blood tests are normal, because the Seasonique package insert says that it will affect laboratory tests for thyroid levels.  
I am on my 8th week of Seasonique now and I'd have to disagree with most of you by saying it's going GREAT!  

My reason wasn't for fewers periods or for birth control, but it is required to be on Accutane.  I take it at exactly the same time every day and have never had any spotting.  

My breasts swelled so much so that I had to buy bigger bras.  They went down a little from when I first started taking it, but still significantly bigger than before Seasonique.  My only problem with it is that my breasts are sore...my boyfriend hates that too, but with time they are becoming less tender.  

It has been great not having periods as often although mine were never a problem...just put a tampon in and your good.  I never had cramps or other side effects...I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones. =)  

Oh, and with the Accutane it's going well so far...dryness of skin and cysts coming to the service...looks like it's working!
Hello I started taking Seasonique 18 days ago, (January 25th,)  I started on Sunday during my period.  It stopped it cold on Wednesday.  I started taking it due to crippling cramps that made me double over, stay home from work and had me on Tylenol with codeine along with 800 MG of Ibuprofen to ease the pain.  So I gave Seasonique a try to ease the pain and keep my job.   It is horrible, I have been suicidal, had thoughts of killing other people, mean and  witchy to my friends and family.... I've been wanting to cry over the simplest things.. before this, I was a happy go lucky person.  I had suffered from mild depression in the past, but had been fine for years... Sure they have the side effects on the package insert but never thought i would have such an adverse one so quick.  I also had acne and spotting, since did not take it exactly the same time every day..  I have been on Errin before an did not have these issues, nor with Lupron. ( I was taking for fibroids). Ortho made me gain 100lbs, so I will never take that **** again.. Seasonique also made me gain weight and affected my sex drive.  I just had lap-band the last thing I need is to gain weight.  I stopped seasonique yesterday,  I hope my mind  comes back to normal.  This drug works without incident for a few lucky people but the majority... have to find something else. I do not recommend this to  anyone.. not even for animal testing.
Post Seasonique problems?  Took seasonique for 9 weeks.  Experienced 2 weeks of spotting and 3 weeks of moderate bleeding with some cramping.  Increased anxiety, feeling jittery, light-headed, increased osteo-arthritis pain.  Now that I'm off it, I've had 2 of the worst periods of my life.  I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  Everything inside hurts with the slightest movement.   Can't roll over in bed or walk across the room without pain.   Has anyone else had this problem?  Does it go away?
I am 27 and have not been on birth control since I was a teenager at the time my mom had me get on it because I came home with a hickey but little did she know it was from a girl so no worries for babies there. I started Seasonique about a month and 5 days ago because I have ovarian cysts and horrible cramps my gyno told me to start taking Seasonique, I trusted him and then all of my problems came into play. When I first started taking it my period was longer than normal only by a couple of days but still I noticed a differance. Soon after people started asking me if I was ok. And telling me I seemed upset or distant. I didnt think much of it until last night when it all came crashing down. I realized that I have not been myself, I was worried that my girlfriend of 7 years was embarassed to be around me, I started having thoughts of her cheating on me, and thinking that it would be something that I would just have to live with ( the real me would never be ok with that and by all means would not think that way) I also wanted to keep her locked up in a little box so that she couldnt go away because I was so paranoid. (again not like me ) At my job I have always been amazing in sales number one for 2008 and now I just dont have the confidence to even try. I am a heavier set female but I have always believed in my self and had a ton of self confidence and worth but now I have none. I am embarassed of who I am and have no will power.

I recently went to the er because I thought that maybe my apendix or gull bladder were attacking me. It was nothing but extreme cramps caused by my bcp and my cysts acting up. I am still in pain and fill nausea and run down and just not myself .

My girlfriend and I tried figuring out what has changed in my life . and it came back to Seasonique. So I came to this website and now I am convinced that this is my problem and I am stopping it TODAY !
I hate to hear all of the problems that all of these women have experienced! I have had similar problems with other birth control pills,  but not seasonique. I have been on it for 6 months, and the only problem I am having is that I have not had a period, no bleeding, spotting, nothing. I also have no cramps either! On other pills I still had extreme, doubled over pain and lots of nausea! I have had none with this. I talked to my doctor about not having any period and he said it was ok. It kind of worries me, but I feel good, haven't gained weight, still have a sex drive and overall feel healthy. I hope all of the other women find a good alternative that will help them the way Seasonique has helped me.
Good luck
I am 14 years old and wondering if I should ask a doctor if I could use seasonique. I am wondering because I am depressed on my period. I just started in december. And I am on it now for the 2nd time. I am misreble. I hate it so much. Thoughts of suicide too. Please someone help me. Should I try seasonique?
Hi everyone, I am 14 years old, and I've had my period for about 5 years now. I have extremely heavy periods, I have to use the overnight maxi pads for regulars during the day, and change it at least every hour. It makes me miserable; also, the cramping is UNBEARABLE, and I sometimes have to miss school, or I faint or vomit. It's been like this ever since I first got my period 5 years ago. My doctor agreed that this isn't normal whatsoever, so about a month ago, she prescribed me Naproxen, which I do not recommend, AT ALL. It didn't help me at all. So, I just got back from the doctors with my mother, and was online researching my first birth control that my doctor had prescribed me, Seasonique. I am more than excited to start this pill, for I have been suffering for 5 years now. I'm only 14 years old, and my periods are very regular. I get them for about 10 days out of  a month, and i start cramping heavily a week/week and a half prior. I even had an ultrasound to make sure that I do not have cysts in my ovaries, surprisingly, everything came out normal. I also got a blood work exam done to make sure I am not anemic from my blood loss, everything is normal, except I have low cholesterol. I'm starting to take Seasonique this Sunday, I'm praying for fantastic results.

Best wishes to everyone =)
Lovebug101,

My opinion, being the same age as you, hopefully can help. To my understanding, you have just started your period a month or two ago, and you're already looking for birth control. I don't recommend this, because your periods aren't regular yet. I have had mine for 5 years, and they're consistent month after month. I think you should wait it out a while. Also, your thoughts on suicide and depression are signs of PMS if I'm not mistaken. Just try taking something small, like Midol. Hope all goes well!
I am so glad I found this forum. I must say that I too thought I was the only one experiencing problems with seasonique. I have been taking it for about a year and a half. In the past year and a half I have been extremely moody, prone to anxiety attacks, and have had no sex drive at all. For a 23 year old - that is simply not normal!
Recently, in the past two months, my symptoms have worsened. I have experienced extremely heavy bleeding everyday!
I originally started taking this pill because my periods are so painful that I am unable to function. However, it seems as though dealing with the pain and not being on seasonique will be more beneficial for my health.
Good luck ladies. I wish you the best on this pill. My experience has been anything but.
I, too am glad that I found this forum.  I have been on Seasonique for almost 2 months as prescribed by my GYN for heavy periods with heavy clotting as a last resort. Tests/and biopsies came up negative. My periods for the last two years were ruining my ability to function normally.  I even scheduled days off around the first day or two of my period!

After my physician attributed my dysmenorrhea to hormonal imbalances, she prescribed Seasonique.  Well...can I tell you that I, too have had frequently occurring headaches, increased anxiety, weight gain, and nonstop breakthrough bleeding (although light) with mild cramping for almost 4 weeks now.  Although not sexually active, I have no libido whatsoever. Thank God I am not in a relationship; the absent libido, breakthrough bleeding, and anxiety would wreck it!  I do not know what is worse now.  Having heavy periods ONCE a month, or having all of the other side effects EVERYDAY from Seasonique.  I will attempt to stick it out through the end of the first 3 month cycle, but I fear that it is not going to get much better.  Thanks for allowing me to vent.  :)
I have noticed a few patterns with a lot of the complaints about Seasonique. I wanted to post this so that don't get too horrified about taking this pill. I personally have had great results. I realize that most of the women who post here are seaking help becasue they have had bad side effects. The people who don't have a bad experience don't post. After reading posts just like these when I started Seasonique, I was so scared that I was going to have to be commited to a mental ward. People need to understand why a lot of the side effects are being reported.

First off, you should not take it if you are over 35. It says it on the box, and there's a reason for that. If you read the clinical trials, after the age of 35 the risk of death from taking these pills goes a huge ammount (age 30-34: 1.9 and age 35-39 :13.8 and finally age 40-44: 31.6). This accounts for the high blood pressure, clotting, dizzyness ect. reported in a lot of posts. This is all coppied from the literature included with each pack of pills.

Another pattern is people complaining of severe symptoms within the first month only. I understand that certain symptoms can be bad enough in this short ammount of time to need to stop, but you need to give your body enough time to adjust to the hormones. One month is not enough, you need to wait at least 3. Just becasue some people are having these symptoms doesn't mean that you will.

Every pill is different. This may seem like the same speech they feed you at the doctors office, but I know from experience. So many people respond so well to Loestrin24, even people on this forum, but I had such terrible emotional side effects that I had to seek counseling and be put on anti-anxiety medication so I could function on a daily basis. Once I started Seasonique, after the first 3 month cycle things started to improve. Now I'm totally fine after 6 months. What works for one woman might wreck another.
I started taking Seasonique because within the last year I started having really bad cramps.  My doctor prescribed Ibuprofen 800 mg and told me to start taking it a few days before my period comes on but that didn't work so I went back to him and he prescribed Darvocet.  The Darvocet worked a little better, but I was still in a lot of pain.  I've been on Seasonique since the last week in January.  The first week and a half was smooth sailing, but during the 2nd week I started spotting, and have been pretty much everyday since.  I think I've not bled for about 5 days since the first week in February.  What is really weird to me about this pill is that one day I will see bright red blood and the next I will see brown blood.  Then another day I won't bleed in the morning or afternoon but then I'll see blood around 6p.m.  This pill had me thinking I was psycho, but after reading other stories I don't feel crazy.  I know that your supposed to give it 3 months so your body can get used to it, but I'm tired of having to wear a pad no knowing if I'm going to bleed or not.  I'm married, and for the past month and a half it's been hard to have a sex life.  I feel like I'm moody because when I think I'm done bleeding for a while I'll see blood again and it's makes me depressed.  I saw my doctor this week and told him what's going on and asked him for a prescription for another birth control pill.  I told him I'll finish out the last 2 weeks of the 2nd month but if I don't see an improvement, I want to try another pill.  So just yesterday, I had a flow like a period for the first time and I actually had some cramps, but not as bad as regular period cramps.  Then today I've barely seen blood.  So, this just confirms it for me, I'm not going to put myself through this anymore. Even though so far I've had a bad experience with Seasonique, I'm not going to say it's a bad pill, it just doesn't work for me.
I am wanting to quit mid-pack and was wondering how long I might bleed.  I am on week 7 of Seasonique and have been bleeding for over a week.  Not heavy, but red, with no end in sight.  I'm going on vacation next week and was hoping that if I quit taking the pill maybe my bleeding would stop within the week.  Anyone had any experience with this?
I started Seasonique a few years ago (when it was called Seasonale. Not sure why they changed the name), At the time, I thought it was an awesome idea! Only 4 periods a year?! Slowly over the last few years I have put on about 35-40 lbs. When I started taking Seasonique, I was a size 0. By the time I got off it (about 4 months ago), I was almost into a size 7. I also experienced depression, mood swings, dryness, no sex drive, and anxiety. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. I have since switched to Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and I have lost a few pants sizes already. I am in a size 3 now. I would really love to get back down to a size 1 atleast, if anyone has any information on losing the weight after gaining it from this nightmare pill. If you are on this pill, you should get off of it immediately. The side affects creep up on you.. You don't even realize you have them until its too late.
Hi everyone, I just finished the first month of seasonique and I have also had a HORRIBLE experience with it.  I went to my gyno in December because ever since I started my periods (5th grade) i had horrible cramps, nausea, and loss of appetite as well as an irregular period.  It got worse as I got older... I am now 20 years old.  When I went in December he put me on YAZ, I took that for 2 months and when I went to my follow-up appointment, I told him nothing had changed, but in fact my periods were LONGER than they had ever been and I was still getting sick.  He suggested Seasonique.  I started taking that, but not even 2 weeks into it, I got hospitalized for pneumonia, which they thought was pulmonary embolisms... thank GOD it wasn't... and so they of course made me stop taking BC.  luckily within 3 days they proved i didn't have blood clots, so they let me keep taking my BC and told me to take 2 pills everyday until I caught up.  I did that, but started my period the day I started taking my pills again... and its been 2 weeks and I am still bleeding.  I am so frustrated with BC I wish I had never even started taking them.  I didn't start taking them to prevent pregnancy, I just wanted to have a period that didn't make me miss work or school because of the pain and excessive bleeding.  Now i have NO sex drive, I am moody and my fiance gets upset because I snap at him for the dumbest things and I can't control it!  I don't want to be like this... I plan on calling my gyno tomorrow and figuring out what to do from here... if given the choice to have a regular period once a month, or this ****, give me the regular period!  This is awful! I know my body needs to adjust, but this shouldn't have been FDA approved if this many people are having these awful side effects!  I am glad that some people are not having any problems, but it seems to me that more people ARE having problems... thank you to everyone who has posted... I am SO glad to see that I am not the only one!  
Hi there,
I was taking seasonique for 6 months, I stopped taking it 2 months ago.  I had a light period then and now nothing, also I 'm having weird hot flashes, then chills right after.  Has anyone else had this.
Lisa, Brianna, All:

I've had a horrible experience with Seasonique as well. I'm 44 and the OB/GYN told me that regular BC was "too much estrogen" for me at my age so she put me on Seasonique. I've had nothing but problems since. I had off and on periods for the first three months, breakthrough at least 2x weekly- never knowing when they'd hit. I had breakthrough bleeding most of the first 6 months. Then came the hot flashes, sweats, anxiety attacks, mood swings, major bloating and WEIGHT GAIN. I did as my OB recommended and gave them time to work... I've taken them a year, and all they've seemed to do if make my life a living He!!. I want my life back to normal.

I was told it was such a great alternative (for my age) and would "regulate" me to only 4 periods/year. Forget that! I don't need it for BC and they'd hit so randomly it didn't matter anyway. When my guy and I get together (he lives in Cali) I was always on, so it didn't make any difference anyway.

I tried to ween my way off these horrible pills at the "end" of my random cycle, and ended up with such a heavy flow for 7 MORE weeks straight that I had to go back on them. (I literally went through a box of "supers" a week.) I'm having horrible anxiety attacks, sweats followed by chills, mood swings, NO sex drive, and put on over 30 lbs in less than 4 months. I've never weighed more than 125 in my life except when I was pregnant and now I'm at 150 which on my 5'6" frame *****. (I was at 115 when I started these horrible pills). I feel fat and ugly and maybe that's why my sex drive diminished, but I blame it on the  Seasonique - that's the only thing that has changed for me in the past year.

This pill should have never reached the market. I recommend anyone thinking about using this method of BC reconsider and and see if it is really the right method for your needs. Then make sure you're OK with the possible side effects and evaluate if you can live with the changes in store....
Hello, all! This is a great forum. I happy to announce that I've been on Seasonique for three weeks now, going on my fourth. I have been taking lexapro for "anxiety" issues for 6 years and while it has helped, I still was going through some pretty tough times. The issue? Right before my period, I would have horrible anxiety attacks, irrational thoughts, mood swings, the works. Sometimes they would go away in a few days. Other times, it would last me two months or more. I discussed this with my OBGYN and he suggested Seasonique. He figured maybe if I avoided my period, I would avoid the anxiety. Well, although I must report that I have been bleeding pretty much everyday, (sometimes light, sometimes heavier with clotting) I have no cramps, no mood swings, and NO ANXIETY!!! Anyone who has ever dealt with having to use antidepressants before can totally identify with the joy that this kind of relief brings. Best of all, I have started weaning myself off of the lexapro which is an even better feeling altogether. Had I known 6 years ago that I was only having severe reactions to my periods and not that I was a manic depressive, I could have saved myself a lot of tears, fear, discomfort, irrational scary thoughts, and everything else that comes along with having to be weaned onto and off of antidepressants. For me Seasonique has been a Godsend. I am sorry for those who this medication has not been a blessing for. Remember, ladies, not every medication works for everybody. Just keep your heads up and find what's right for you!
One last note to those who are not having trouble, I am not experiencing any problems with my sex drive either. In fact, I have a slightly more raised libido now. However, I am an avid exerciser and I run 3 miles a day up to four times a week and on my off days I walk 5 miles and do circuit training. So that could have something to do with the fact that other than some excessive bleeding, I'm not really having any side effects. I have also lost 6 pounds since starting it. Again, good luck to all!
Ok could someone tell me how to stop the bleeding.  I have been on the pill 10 weeks and have been bleeding for three weeks now and it doesn't seem like it will end.  I have since stop taking it in the hope that I will stop bleeding.  The doctor said this is normal..........how could this be normal..........I am taking Seasonique because I have endometriosis, so bleeding is a problem for me !!!  Bleeding for three weeks can't be good for my condition.
I have been on Seasonique for over a year. I have had the same problems listed off & on. Now I have been bleeding & clotting for over 6 weeks. I am 38 y/o. It seems that the side effects are much worse after 30. My question is "How long did you bleed after you stopped take the pill?"

I really think it is absurd that so many of us are having these problems. It needs to be reported.
I went on seasonique because of heavy periods (cramping throwing-up, passing out and what not) I'm 22 and it's been that way for the past 11 years. I had enough... unfortunately when I went on the yellow pills I never got my period. It's been 21 days since I went off and I still haven't gotten my period.. I'm kinda freaked out by that. I know I'm not prego since I'm not sexually active right now. I guess it's about time that I go back... although I'm thinking of going to a different doc. mine was nice, but I'm not sure that she gives the best advice.
I've been on seasonique for 3 years. I'm 21. Why? Because I had horrible cramps that would make me miss school, I'd be throwing up from the pain...I'd even get diarrhea! I would bleed like there's no tomorrow...The works! So, I was on like, a million different bcp's and none of them really worked with me. The cramps remained, the heavy bleeding...everything. One day my dr. recommended seasonique. Well, it took away the diarrhea and most of the cramps, but within the first two weeks of being on seasonique, I gained 20 lbs which I have not been able to lose up to this day. Losing weight while on this pill seems nearly impossible. I went from 135 to 155 (in 2 weeks!) and I'm 5'5" tall. So, lets say it made me FAT!!! Okay, I overlooked this because of the benefits. Then, within the next few years, I became emotional...I'd cry about almost everything. This was a big change because before this, I was pretty much a tomboy...nothing could make me cry...not even breaking up from a relationship that I liked. And, the most terrible side effect to note (that isn't noted in the pamphlet that comes with seasonique), I lost my sex drive...and I'm 21!!!!!! I used to think about having intercourse almost all the time!!! I thought I was like a guy with the type of sex drive I had! I didn't mind it though, I had it under control. But now, 3 years later, after being on seasonique, absolutely NO sex drive! Nothing! Not even for a guy that I LOVE and who love me back. He is very caring and tries his best and I love his body, he's very sexy...still, nothing. This has caused me absolute and total torture! I don't even enjoy sex anymore. It hurts me that I can't enjoy something that should be enjoyable...especially with someone you love. Finally, I have found that I can't build any muscle or endurance like I was able to before seasonique...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who this happened to. I was beginning to think that it was just me. I feel so much better now that I know that I'm not alone in this. Should I get off the pill? Or are the benefits outweighing the cost? I don't know anymore, I just don't. Thanks all of you for sharing your experiences. You really made me feel so much better just knowing that I'm not alone. :)
Wow!!! And I thought it was all in my head!!!  I have NO sex drive since I've been using Seasonique!!! I used to get Depo shots every month for a year.  My OB/GYN thought it would be cheaper to my insurance to start Seasonique.  That was over 2 years ago.  I have severe endometriosis and terrible menstrual cycles.  Not having a period has been a god sent but not having a sex drive has put a HUGE strain on my relationship.  Is there anything that may help with my sex drive?  My doctor did suggest steriods (out of the question).  Any herbal suppliments that anyone can come up with would be appreciated!!!
I too am feeling some of these crazy side affects. Bleeding since march 25th, i stopped taking the pills on friday and have not taken any since. Called my Dr. today, she said I was right to stop taking them. And is ordering an ultrasound, my cramps are really bad!!
and the bleeding is now heavy and birght bright red and clotty. Ive never had cysts, or other prolems.  I had short frequent light peiods all my life and very regular, I am peri menopause now but these pills definetly did something weird to me. Friday i thought i was going to hurt someone, very angry and sad and a mess! Im feeling a bit better today but I can still feel these almost werid panic attacks hitting me all of the sudden, its so odd, I just hope Im ok.
I just started seasonique two weeks ago & I feel like they are helping me! My moods are stable, I'm not freeeaaking out over everything, & I have more energy? I take them @ 7pm and get food cravings @ night but just go to bed. I haven't had any nervousness or headaches, anything like that - yet. And I soo hope that I don't!
I switched from Yaz (was on that for over two years, then started to bleed. That bleeding lasted for a month. Quit the Yaz & dr. prescribed me on seasonique).
I hope that my side effects stay this way, and none of the nervousness happens... and that my period will come in three months!

Good luck to everyone with their BCP probs... finding the right pill is such a processs! I feel for you all.
hi everyone.. I was on seasonique for about 2yrs and cycle was completely unpredictable.. even though it calls for having a period every 3 months I never had it that way.. I work out hard and regularly like swimming for an hour to 1.5hr, brisk walk for 45 mins., do weights, and yoga and I still gained weight.. I alternate those activities 5days a week and I don't eat red meat at all for 7 years now.. according to my OB/GYN Seasonique is a sensitive pill since it's a 3-month regime.. missing a pill can change ur cycle.. from what I've been told by my doc.. u can always skip the yellow pills coz those are jst placebo pills.. a reminder pill and during those placebo pills is the time we should get our period which never happened to me.. my doc said it usually takes about 6mos to get used to the pills in ur system but my monthly cramping never went away without a period at all.. the spotting is sporadic.. this is my first day on a Paragard IUD and so far my cramping hasn't gone away which according from my own research and my doc is normal.. I will try it for a few months and hope it works coz I tried the nuva ring and it jst kepy coming out.. my doc told me that I'm in that 1% of women who couldn't use nuva ring.. the reason y I decided on going for the Paragard IUD is the it doesn't have any hormones.. but the period is said to be longer and heavier.. ugh!! I'd take that over hormones in my body.. I'm NOT a pro or anything.. jst speaking from experience, as a mother, some hospital experience, and a concern individual :)

thanks
I have both good news and bad news the good news is since stopping the pill last Friday 4/24, I had the last of my bleeding the last 4 days of which was very intense and painful.
So since Wed. night none!!!! yay!! but...I thought it was a fluke when I went to a Periodontist for a routine appointment and he checked my blood pressure and it was 148 over something, which is crazy high for me since I used to suffer from low blood pressure. I figured I was having one of my "seasonique" angry moments and thus that drove up my BP. But today I went in for a routine 50 year old colonoscopy things, and sure enough my blood pressure was high again, yet my mood this morning was far from bad.  I was happy to be there to get it over with and proud of myself for having it done. Today is was 147 something again!!! I told the nurse that I never had high blood pressure before and said I had quit taking the seasonique and she said that all BC pills make ya have crazy high blood pressure! I had no idea! She said it would be at least a few more weeks before it would all be out of my system and my blood pressure would return to normal. My blood pressure prior to taking this pill was so low I would faint, so I'm hoping for a happy balance! But all in all I feel like my old self a little bit more each day. I am NEVER taking BC pills again!
I have been using Seasonique for 3 months and so far I really love it. I have used Yaz (which was horrible) and also Ortho Tri Cycle Lo and that too was horrible. I was put on this BC to see if I could control my migraines during the sugar pills. So far so good and I haven't had any problems with spotting or anything. I am 27 and in pretty good health other than the migraines. Give the pill some time to work, but it may not be the pill for you  :)
Hey Ladies, if I was not a prayerful woman, the comments would totally be freaking out but God will lead & guide me if I should continue on this type of BC or not. First of all, I'm 43 years old and going thru early menopause and my Gyn doctor suggested it to help with the hot flashes, bed sweats & crazy moodiness. I've been on Seasonique for about 10 wks now and hormonally, I've been feeling great but the breakthrough bleeding is quite irritating. However, fortunately this week, No bleeding, No cramping, No breast tenderness, things are finally starting to balance out! What a relief! I will keep you updated on how things progress!
There are other alternatives for the peri menopause symptoms I was on Climara Pro patches and they worked beautifully for me except 2 things one of which was the patches never stayed on for more than 2-3 days and they are supposed to stay adhered for 7 days! the other was moderate but frequent break thru bleeding. It did a far more superior job for me as far as the symptoms of menopause. However I do not know if it raised my blood pressure like the seasonique pills. I have already lost several pounds from getting off those pills and unfortunately my breast size has diminished ): the only down side to quitting them! Tomorrow i go for my pelvic ultrasound to make sure nothing else is wrong.  Im staying away from hormones for at least a couple of months to let my body adjust back to pre-hormone levels.  If im having crazy mood swings I will go back on Climara and find some adhesive to keep the patches on LOL Best of luck to all...
Of course the majority will have breakthrough bleeding.  This pill isnt simply going to turn the switch off on your periods.  To change the chemicals in your body could take years.  Thats why the doctors say that the breakthrough bleeding will lessen and lessen over time because it takes your body A LOT of time to adjust.  I dont experience breakthrough bleeding with Seasonique because i allow my body to have a period every month.  Four days and light enough to only wear a panty liner or light tampon.  Then thats it.
So my ultrasound came back great, no problems! yay!!! and I am happy to report that today was my first day with no anxiety issues and a healthy happy robust sex drive! I am starting to feel like my old self again.
As far as the breakthrough bleeding, it was not the deal breaker for me with these pills it was the blood pressure and the way it made me feel mentally. I still have to wonder about a drug that can change our body chemistry like that. You do have to ask yourself is that really good for us. and i think it works for some but its reassuring to find out that it doesn't work for everyone. Seasonique is a love or hate relationship i think and  for me....it was hate.  The doc and I both agreed that i need to get my body's balance back and then decide if i want to go back on hormones.  But today i feel so perfect I cant' imagine wanting to change that.
But my ? is how do you get a period or make yourself have a period, wouldn't having a period every month sort of defeat the purpose of using this drug? If the big benefit is 1 period every 3 months why would you and how do you do that?
I have been on seasonique for over a month now and I hate!!! i have been on my cycle for two weeks and I cramp every day. I asked my doctor what could I do  and he told me to just ride it out. Easy for him to say, since he is a man.  I asked him what would happen if I just stopped taking it and he said that the bleeding would get worst. But from reading you all's post, I think I'm going to stop anyway, especially since my boyfriend and I have a trip planned next month and who wants to be bleeding going to the beach. Someone please help me
I recently began using Seasonique because I have such heavy, painful periods, my doctor thought I should try it....well I have been on it for 2 months and have been bleeding for 5 nearly 6 weeks while taking the pill and my doctor is scratching his head. As it is written that bleeding like a period could occur until I am used to the pill.....He is suprised that it is lasting this long. Has this happened to anyone else?what did you do?
I have been on Seasonique for 4 months now.  I did not have any problems until 3 1/2 months in to it..  I started spotting about two weeks after my period.  I have only had one week of relief.  I can not take this!!  I feel like I am going crazy.  My dr. said this was normal and could  happen for up to a year.  I can't do this for that long.  I have had an increase in my sex drive but can't do anything with this constant bleeding.  I have not had any migraine headaches :) though, which is the reason I was given this BC.  I guess one side effect for another.
I am in the beginning of my third month of seasonique & about 10 days ago I started spotting and it got a little worse on about day 3.  It is still not as heavy as a normal period but there is no end in sight.  What I am wondering is when it stops.  Also, I have seen the question asked but not an answer on how long after stopping taking the pill that the bleeding stops.  If I were to stop now with three weeks left of pills would I immediately have my regular period.  I had big plans with my husband for this weekend and now don't know what to do.  Any answers would be great thanks.
I have been on birth control since I was 15 & I'm 26 now. In the past year or so my periods have gotten worse. Cramps so bad that I would vomit, pass out & lay in bed with a heating pad for hours on end. My doctor prescribed Toradol to help with the pain & blood clots that were causing my cramps. I have to start taking it a few days before my period so that its in my system before I even start to cramp. It helped. But not much. Now I take my birth control, Ovcon 35, just like you all take Seasonique. I take 3 packs in a row, skipping the white pills so I get my period every 9 weeks. I had no spotting, no headaches, no mood swings or weird rashes. My only complaint is that my breasts are tender & they are noticeably bigger. Doc says that the tenderness will go away once my body is used to this. I'm supposed to start my 1st period since taking my pills this way on Wednesday. It might still be as painful as before, but at least it's only every 9 weeks instead of 3.

So maybe those with issues with Seasonique should go back to their old pills & take them 3 packs straight. Its working for me!
So hey.... I posted I absolutely love Seasonique back on April 30th (when I was only on it for two weeks) and let me tell you.... It made a drastic turn for the worst!!!!! My moods are completely unstable, I develop shortness of breath, I have random abdominal cramps (no breakthrough bleeding w/ this stuff though), HIVES... I've gained about 5lbs. I have completed two cycles (dr. said to try 6 and see what happens). YAH RIGHT!!! He's a MAN and I'm not waiting that long - my sanity & my boyfriend want me stable again! This is causing more stress and grief than necessary. I'd rather be using only condoms & take a p.test every now & then, rather than putting up with this.

If anyone who has been successful on Seasonique, congrats!

Anybody else... what have you tried next? Successful? Unsuccessful??

Help!!!!! I hate being a woman!!!!!!!!! Lol.
I was on birth control (depo shot and tri-cyclen) for about 5 yrs when I was younger I stopped taking it because of weight gain and other side effects.  Recently my doctor told me I had a cyst and said I should take b/c to get rid of it.  He gave me Yas HUGE mistake.  Once I complained he gave me Seasonique.  It hasnt really given me a problem except for 14 days of lite bleeding (while on vacation!!!!) Last month I didnt get a period and felt great the cyst is gone and I will finish out the pack to avoid getting my period right away.  Then it will be back to condoms!!!! If you MUST use b/c you just have to find the one that works for YOU!!!
Pain in the knees and weight gain both have been in my life only since I have been on this medication.  I have never been Able to gain weight, and now I am overweight.  
Thank you all for sharing....I thought these things were possibly being caused by another medication.
Thank you for posting your experiences...   I am 44 years old and started taking Seasonique to control periods because I suffer from severe migraines before, during and after my period.  I typically have very good (low) blood pressure, but after taking seasonique for 2 weeks I became jittery and my blood pressure was 150/100 today when I went to see my doctor.  Soooo I am stoping immediatly, I am bummed.  I take migraine medication that is very expensive $33 per pill, and insurance will only cover a few a month.  Ugh.  
Thanks again!
I have been having a lot of these side effects with loestrin 24 and I am considering switching to seasonique.  I got to the doc tomorrow to talk to her about it.
Reading through other websites I saw that side effects include issues with contact lenses?  Has anyone experienced this?  And what are the issues?  It also says that you should use back up birth control for the first month, anyone know why?  And does anyone using this have diabetes?  How did it effect it?
I got on Seasonique to have shorter periods 4 times a year.  My doc also said it would thin out my endometriosis.  2 weeks in and I had breakthrough bleeding.  The flow was heavier than any period I have ever had.  6 weeks later and I am still bleeding and my doc suggests throwing out the pack and start a new one???  I am extremely frustrated with my decision to get on the pill and to not have a solution!
I was just reading through some of these comments & the side effects sound horrible! My question to those of you with problems, did you have those same problems on other BC?

I'm almost 28 & have been on at least 5 different BC pills, but have never experienced anything that bad. I always had very heavy periods & cramping before I went on the pill. I started on Ortho when I was 18, which made me gain weight, so after a year or so I switched to Aleese which made me spot too much, switched back to a lower dose of Ortho, still gained weight. After a couple more years, I switched to Yasmin...liked it but still had some cramping & periods were still about 7 days. Then switched to Yaz, which I've been on the last 3 years. I've liked Yaz...periods are always very short, like 4 days (only 1 heavy day) & don't get much cramping. My only problem on Yaz has been a noticeable change in vaginal dryness, which is not normal for someone my age.

I was at my dr. today & she suggested Seasonique. I have 2 friends who really like it so I said I'd try it...will be starting it this weekend after my Yaz pack ends. But now a little nervous about the crazy side effects, but I've never had problems w/ any other pill. I know it always takes some time to get used to a new pill & there will be some spotting, but am I going to spot for months??? I'm going to Hawaii in 6 weeks & would love to be adjusted to it by then.
ok...some of the side affects have resolved however new ones continue to pop up...the resolved ones are, my blood pressure is now normal again and no longer in the extremely high zone, my periods are again regular and normal and my moods have certainly evened themselves out...however the following are hopefully the last to be fixed....an abnormal pap smear which i am having laser surgery to correct, a bit of my cervix will be removed, I had an ulcerated cornea, which i just finished having "cured" and my water weight seems to be getting better as well. Now all I need to do is figure out how to pay for all of these Dr's bills and lab work and surgery.....even with insurance, its getting expensive!
Bottom  line, its seems like an endless list of side affects, and each and everyone of them points back to my use of seasonique.
i weep for the future...
I have been on seasonique for about 2 1/2 months now.  The past month I have has minimal spotting, enough to where I need a panty liner, however the past week it has been slowly getting heavier.  I don't think I should have my regular period  yet because i have about 3 weeks left of my pills.  My Dr. says this is normal and should even out after the initial 3 month pack.  Does anyone else have this problem or have any thoughts on this?
I am a 25 year old mother as well, was taking Yasmine (sister birth control to YAZ) and was taking it before I got pregnant and started on it after I had my daughter.  She's 18 months old, and for the last 5 months I had been experiencing terrible mood swings, PMS like no other, started having panic attacks, thought I was going nuts. Which is not my normal personality. Over the last 5 months, everything kept gradually getting worse. Went to two doctors who were trying to diagnose me with panic disorder. They started me on adavan which is a anti anxiety pill, wasn't doing anything for me.  The other doctor put me on lexapro, and it wasn't doing anything for me either. Finally I went to the gyno, and he told me that based on my symptoms that I was probably having some hormone issues. And switched my birth control to Seasonique LO.   I started these new pills on Tuesday, and I haven't had a panic attack since, I feel so much better. I understand that everyones body is different, and I think you just have to find the right pill for you.  I like the seasonique lo, I haven't had any side effects what so ever.  NONE.  No breast tenderness, no mood swings, nothing. I seriously feel normal again.  This new pill has really been heaven sent for me.
if i stop it after one months worth, will i get my period?
seasonique wrecked my life i started  it in may started bleeding in june on 18 until july 8 called my doctor she stated i could bleed for 3 months until the pill get in my system i stopped taking it on june 25 and just stopped bleeding on july 8 i have been having very bad headaches
I have been on Seasonique for only 2 weeks now and I have had no stop cramping. I have endometriosis and was told by my doctor that this pill would help. It does nothing but make my symptoms ten times worse and I am always tired. I was on Lo Estrin 24 for 7 years and had no problems what so ever. I wanted to know if anyone who has had these abdominal cramps did they go away when you went off seasonique. I am so tired of being in pain!!!
http://mangomaryn.blogspot.com/2009/08/birth-control-experiences.html
I've been on Seasonique for about 3 weeks and I haven't had any side effects at all. I was on Yasmin for 3+ years and had terrible mood swings, some hair loss, no interest in sex, cramps, migraines-- the works. After switching to Seasonique even after this short amount of time ALL of that has subsided and I have no issues with it whatsoever.

It seems like some birth control is just NOT right for certain people because EVERY b/c pill I have looked up and investigated, I see people with the exact same complaints about them as this pill. It all depends on the person and their body, and personally Seasonique is the best b/c pill I have been on so far.
First off i am a man and I do not take birth control obvioulsly...I have been with my fiancee for over 6months an she has been on seasonique for a good while before me she doesnt take the pills the same time every day and misses one two or three occasionaly then takes em all at once when he relizes she forgot them. and she suddenly began losing her labito then have mood swings and  being irritable and basically treating me like **** i started investigating her bc because i noticed all the symptoms seem to go away when she starts her period..Ive tried talkin to her but she refuses to consider it as a problem she has now moved out and is not sure she is in love with me... i know its not me because i am pretty much a model boyfriend i do everything for her and treat her the best anyone one could...but this is all i can figure the problem to be... I just dont know what to do...she really dont even need birth control since there is no sex anymore...and her periods are not that big of a deal...having a kid would be much better than dealing with this bs...doctor should really keep a closer eye on this stuff its wrecking peoples lives..any pointers or advise would be greatly apreciated...I just want my sweetheart back to normal
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I have no idea what prompted me to google the side effects of Seasonique, but I'm so glad I did.  I was going to start taking it today(August 13,2009), and for some reason, I just wanted to see what was being said about.  I was going to change to this BC just to have fewer periods....nothing else.  I figured, more sex, less bloated days, fewer visits from aunt flow, this pill was going to be my viagra and alli all in one.  Ummm no.  I totally agree with alot of you who say that everything works different for different people, but I don't think I'm ready to roll the dice on this one.  I'm already normal chick crazy, I really don't want to push the clinical crazy button with my hormones.  

I'm so sorry that alot of you had to suffer through the things that you did with this BC. My heart truly goes out to all of you.  I hope all of your symptons have either gotten better or have ceased completely.  

I was going to throw the pills away, however, I think I'm going to give them back to my Dr. and let him know that after my own due dilligence, I'll stay with my current BC and just extend the packs to create a later period.
I am 17 and about to start my freshman year of college.  All of my friends are on birth control and highly recommend it to me, but I honestly have always been skeptical about putting things into my body that it doesn't need.  My best friend is on seasonique and seems to like it but it seems to me that the chance is not worth taking.  Should I just not start BC at all? My periods aren't terrible but there is always a chance of a condom breaking and such.. Any advice would be great before I put some foreign pill into my bloodstream.

Thank you,
Ashlee
So I am on Seasonique and it has been WONDERFUL, I mean seriously just great. I have zero PMS, and haven't experienced any side effects. However, I am into my third month, and am going to see my boyfriend in less than a week and I just started break-through bleeding! I am freaking out and cannot decide if I should take the yellow pills for a few days (going to see him in 5) to "let" my body bleed or if that will make it worse, and I should just keep plugging away with the regular pills. Ugh! Help!
I started this pill just 2 weeks ago. My husband got a Vasectomy about the same time. I obviously do not need this pill for birth control I just liked the idea of being able to have sex whenever I pleased. However, since I have been on the pill I never want to have sex, I am very dry and I got a yeast infection. My inner labias have swollen up and are terribly painful, I cant even enjoy sex. As if any of this were not bad enough I am very anxious all the time which so not my personality at all. This is really putting strain on my marriage already and I think I will give it through the month but then I am done. I had read this blog before I got on it and I figured since I knew what could happen then i would be able to just mentally block out the emotional side of things, I don't like to make a big deal out stuff that I can control. But I just can't control it, I cannot mentally block any of this out and ignore it. I actually had to start taking my husbands kolonpin for anxiety in order to feel normal but that just makes me feel like a drone. Good god this is not worth it at all. I wish they could come out with a period stopping device for women that isnt so invasive. I want a vasectomy for a woman. You know easy virtually painless, and no side effects. Oh the worst part of all of this is that my husband has never been much for sex very often and after his vasectomy he wants to have sex twice a day every day which normally I would love and now out roles have reversed entirely. Grrr....I want to get rid of my womanly problem without having to go on hormones.
Seasonique has been great for me! i did expierence some hair loss and i have been breaking out a lot more than i used to and i bled a little throughout the last month of the first pack- though it was light bleeding.. only really needing a panty tiner.. but it has been overall great! I suffer from bad pmdd and was taking yaz for a sec but had really really bad side effects. i started to bleed the day i took my first pill and a week later i started to have really bad inner ear problems and was dizzy.. after two weeks of hardly being able to walk straight and needing to miss a lot of classes i went to the doc... nothing seemed to be wrong and the doc recamended that i stop taking the pill... that night i didnt take it and the dizzy feeling out of no where turned extreme.. into verdigo( which is the worst feeling on earth!! i'd take the 8mm kidney stone i had a thousand times over as long as i never have to expierence verdigo again). the next few days i had to miss school still cuz the verdigo made my head painful to move.. even slightly. after that the inner ear stuff stopped.

Seasoniqe is good for pmdd... unlike some bc it has the same level of hormones in every pill--- besides the yellow ones of course---. i took a pill that every week it went to a higher level of hormones and it killed me! i have never been so emotional in my life.. and every week.. on sunday i could literally feel my hormones change..

anyways... seasoniqe is good.. i recamend it.. just sit tight through the hair loss, break outs and light bleeding during your first pack...it stops after the second or third pack.( for me the second.. mostly(i still have more break outs than usual- but still not super bad) .. but it can take some till the tird pack... and if it takes longer than that then i would recamend giving up the pill))
i thin ki know you anabanana. from is 73
I started using Seasonique two months ago when my obgyn suggested it because of the convenience of 4 periods a year. i am not scheduled to have my period for another month, however i have been on a constant heavy period for THREE weeks now. Also i have noticed that i have been depressed and unmotivated since i began taking seasonique...just my personal experience
I've been on Seaonique for five years. I had some break through bleeding in the first few months, but it wasn't bad. I've never really had cramping while on it, and my periods been about 3 days long. However, after reading everyone else's symptoms/side effects, I'm now realizing that Seasonique could be responsible for my own hair loss (crazy shedding, esp after showering), disinterest in sex, and bad moods. I really started thinking that I had a bad personality and was no fun. I took my last pill two days ago and am switching...I think to Ortho Tri-Cyclen low... we'll see how it goes!
I’m 17 and I’ve been taking LoSeasonique for a week.
The past two mornings’ I’ve spent 45 minutes writhing and screaming on my bed in pain from craps. It’s not even that time of the month for me.
I’ve also awakend drenched in sweat for the same 2 nights. It’s not pleasant.
I’m not really fond of the idea of taking much medication and this really frightens me. If it continues, I’m going to see if I can get on a BC pill that has been on the market longer.
I have been on BC since I was 17 (I'm currently 21) and have been on Seasonique for about a year now. I was diagnosed by my GYN with endometriosis which causes the most excruciating menstrual cramps ever experienced. I literally have to take vicodin to numb my pain and truth be told, it doesn't even help. My periods last about 5 days but the first two days, I feel like my ovaries are being stabbed with a knife. I can't do anything but cry. When I"m on the active pills I have no pain which is nice. However, I have noticed severe mood swings (unbearably cranky and mean, crying sporadically for no reason, a general feeling of being depressed, etc.), body itching (which I found rubbing ice cubes on the itchy spots and laying under a high speed fan to freeze myself to work), losing hair in the shower, weight gain (about 10 pounds), severe headaches (I've had one everyday for over 2 months and my DR told me it was just tension headaches) and fatigue, even though I sleep about 9 hours and lately have been taking 1-3 hour naps and feel tired still. The past few weeks I've noticed I"ve had more anxious thoughts and feelings and feeling overwhelmed and paranoid. I'm a Senior in college and don't feel like I lead a stressful life. My doctor told me that my options after Seasonique were a BC where I get a period once a year or throwing me into menopause for 3 months at a time. After reading everyone's blogs, I think I just want off these pills altogether. I'll just suck it up with the pain. I'm sorry y'all have had bad reactions too! Feel better xo
I wish I would have read all of this before I agreed to take it.  I took BC when I was 15 and it made me crazy, have headaches, etc.  I tried taking it again in my mid twenties and experienced the same things.  I've had 3 kids and after each one an IUD.  I got sick of the heavy bleeding so had it taken out a year ago and decided to roll the dice and time my cycles.

Unrelated to BC, I started getting infections which two doctors looked at and said "yes, it's herpes".  I've been tested 3 times now and everytime the labs have come back negative for EVERYTHING.  Then I realized that these "sores" started during my period and don't heal until about a week after.  My current OB said it is hormone related and put me on Seasonique to stop the bleeding, even though she has no idea what is causing these cycle related sores.

I am almost done with my first pack and I have been absolutely MISERABLE.  I am on my third full blown period in 2 months.  I've experienced many of the same side effects:  excessive weight gain, depression, severe mood swings, headaches, etc.  The weight gain isn't helping my depression as I don't feel good about myself.  Sex is virtually non-existent (and when I do just go for it, I can't have an orgasm).

I am so frustrated, especially since I looked in the mirror today and feel like a complete fat a$$.  Not having my toned size 6 body really kills me and affects my self image.

Anyone have any of these "mystery" sores?  I don't know what to do but I think I will stop taking these pills.  I just feel awful....
the ones who have written in with horrid stories, are you on the LO seasonigue? I started 2+ weeks ago, was fine first week, this week, spotting everyday and some lower back pain? i dont want this bleeding for weeks. and when  you do go off, do you still bleed for some time and when did you start menstrating for real after quiting? I have something in 3 weeks and I do not want my period!!
dusty
Has anyone used LoSeasonique? Its a lower dose of Seasonique. I just got put on this and havent started it yet but Im curious if maybe the side effects are less on a lower dose. Anyone have experience?
I have been on seasonigue for 7 weeks now and have been bleeding for 5 of those 7 weeks does anyone else have this problem and know what to do?
I am also on my 7th week of pills and I have been spotting for three weeks straight. However, the spotting isnt like period blood type of spotting. It is brownish and very very light. Just enough to ruin my nights with my boyfriend, but not enough to wear a tampon during the day. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclyn Lo for about 3 years, was off of the pill for a little over a year, and then started seasonique due to the appeal of having my peroid only 4 times a year. I do remember have spotting issues with Ortho for the first few months as well and know that the spotting I am experiencing now is NORMAL. For almost everyone just starting birth control or restarting you are going to have spotting. It is totally normal. You should think that you are going to start the pill and magic is going to happen and it is going to work exactly how you think. Trust your doctors and read the information that comes with the pill. Know that by sticking it out you most likely will be satisfied in the long run. As others have said, not ever birth control method or pill is meant for everyone, each person will have different side effects. But, as for the spotting, it is somthing that you will not be able to aviod no matter the pill you take. If you are spotting now, and change to a different pill, it might stop at first, but the spotting will return. So my best advice is to really make sure you are taking the pill at the EXACT same time everyday to reduce your chance of spotting! You cant adviod it all together but you can lessen the blow! Stick it out, and it will be worth if in the long run when you are period free 8 months out of the year!
When I said "should think" in the sentence about magic happening...I meant "shouldnt think" oops!
I started taking Seasonique the first week of August. I am very good about taking the pill at the dame time daily. I am currently on my 10th week and have had the brownish discharge for the last six weeks. It is very light so I use panty liners instead of tampons. It is very inconvenient in my relationship. Other symptoms I have include daily headaches, heartburn, bad gas, and nausea. I also started having severe cramping for the last 2 weeks.
I started taking seasonique last year and was on it for about 3 months. I started getting sick all throughout the day and night and I was bleeding the whole time, it was terrible! Deff not the right birth control for me!
I have just started Seasonique about two weeks ago and so far the worst symptom that I have encountered is hair loss. I have not had any breaththrough bleeding like I had on Ortho-Tri Cyclen lo, but hair loss is becoming an issue. My hair has been falling out like crazy and I do not know what to do. I have been oiling my scalp and keeping my scalp clean and nothing is helping.  The breast tenderness and fatigue would not be so bad if I did not feel like I was going  bald! Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? Any advice would be great.
OMG! I feel soo relieved after reading this...
Bear with me.. but I want to share MY story..
.
I've had sever issues with periods-cysts-pms-all of it my whole period life.... I got the depo shot 3years ago to help with cysts... i gained 25 lbs and had SEVERE stomach prob. I decided then to not take b.c.
By the way my DR said due to all my isses I prob couldnt get pregnant- well i did 3 years later..
Gave birth May 20 of this year.. c-section- MAJOR Complications...
So afterwards I went in for an ultrasound- found out I have a very large mass.. put me on seasonique mid July.
.
The first month- no spotting, no compl. thought I still got my period in Aug. Then I noticed some things werent right.. I chalked these up to post pregnancy and the bad exps i had... but no...
I started losing my hair first.. and I have A LOT of hair... then the EXTREME temperature changes... Id wake up covered in sweat.take a cold shower and still be too hot to blow dry my hair!. then later in the day be shaking from chills!!!!! BRUISES all over my body... like little sticks had been poking me all over my legs and abdomin (abdomen)....
Ive been spotting since mid Aug. NO SEX DRIVE. stopped losing weight... some of these issues are livable... but since late August Ive been coughing and wheezing to NO end... I have moments of EXTREME fatique and then moments where my heart pounds...
Im 27 years old... thought I was healthy??
My Dr says its post pregnancy.. and the bleeding? My body is trying to get used to having periods.. not being pregnant..
But if EVERY woman goes through this why havent I heard about this.. This is worse then being pregnant! B/c there is no lil' bundle of joy at the end!!!
I just cant believe I have to deal w/ all this and honestly cant pick out anything else it could be...

.
My problems with seasonique have been NO apetite, and EXTREME hair lose. I guess some weird temp. changes. my sex drive is better! and there are no other symptoms...is this just the beggining? I also had a baby in may and started this about 4 weeks after the baby......worried somthing else might happen dunno what to do!!! On my periodes its hell on earth BADDDDDDD shoulder pain with cramps, migraines, so i dont want to stop taking it. I have NO idea what to do. someone hit me up with some answers, i am 23.
I had a diagnostic laparoscopy in August where my doctor found Stage 2 endometriosis and adhesions. She then put me on Seasonique (to suppress my ovaries) about 4 weeks ago (I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo before that). I've had no side effects so far.

My period normally would have started last Thursday - and I've been having slight cramping (and my endo pain has returned also...but I'm just hoping that's due to my body readjusting to the new birth control and still healing from surgery...) I assume this is just due to my body adjusting to not having a period?
I just started taking seasonquie two days ago i was so afraid with all the negative  comments I was on depo for 5 years but it caused major depression. I hope this works for me will kepp u posted.
I was so glad to find this forum and see that other people had similarly bad experiences with Seasonique.  Although I didn't have some of the more severe side effects, it has definitely affected my life to the point where I stopped taking it several days ago.

I had always been on triphasic pills, but went off birth control completely for about 8 months due to insurance changes, etc.  I thought Seasonique would be awesome with the whole 4 periods a year, and started it with a completely normal hormonal system.  At first I didn't notice anything, but after about a month I noticed I was having serious mood swings and depression, and my sex drive seemed lower.  I wasn't having sex at that point to notice much else, however.  Then in my third month, I started spotting, and this slowly increased to the point where I had to wear a tampon every single day.  I have been bleeding for 15 days now, and I am hoping since I got off the pill, it will stop.  Once sexually active with this pill, I noticed I had very low excitement level, which is highly unusual for me, dryness, and it was quite painful as a result.  

I already called my doctor and switched back to my old triphasic, which I never had any problems with before.  I think it all depends on what your body needs for hormones; I tried another monophasic once and had hot flashes and other severe side effects.  Women just have to be very careful, and I'm so relieved I am not the only one!
I could finally start taking BC pills because I am now off of my meds that would interfere with the effectiveness of the pill. I started taking Seasonique because I have periods about every three weeks for at least seven days and experience hot flashes, mood swings, and bad pains. I hated having periods so often and for such a long time. Having only four light periods a year sounded awesome. I initially looked at this page because of the bleeding I have been experiencing while taking this pill. After the first two weeks I had a very light spotting. This is to be expected. During the seventh week I began bleeding. This was very light but looked more like blood than the spotting. After a few days I began bleeding heavier, enough that I needed a tampon. With this bleeding came painful cramps. I need to take pain relievers throughout the day so that I am not aching. I am looking at this page to see if anyone is experiencing what I am. I noticed people saying that they have mood swings and snap at people for no reason. I have been experiencing this but thought I was experiencing this because I am off of one of my meds that treats my bipolar disorder. Unfortunately, without meds I am an emotional train wreck. I thought that I have been moody, apathetic, and distant because this is how I am if my meds aren't just right. I went off of one of my pills so that I could take BC. I went off of a pill that helps keep my moods stable and am now on BC that could possibly be making me unstable. This is too funny. I think it's the pill. I am confused. I doubt anyone is going through going off of mood stabilizers and then starting BC right after. If anyone is, help me! If not, it was nice to complain in writing.
I have taken seasonique now for almost a year.  When I first started, I had dull headaches everyday along with spotting and cramping for the majority of the first pack.  I read that BCPs can cause a deficiency in Vitamin B and started to take a Vit B comlex everyday.  

Whether it was the supplement or my body adjusting finally, my symptoms cleared up.  If you look up Vit B deficiency, many of the symptoms presented on this board are covered (hormonal, anxiety, etc.).  Just FYI and to let you know what worked for me.
I am still in my first cycel of Seasonique, my doctor said that I would have breakthru bleeding and it was to be expected, the first month I had my regular period, thought it lasted 10 days total, which normally will last for 7 days, my second month I began my menstral and it did not stop, it was like a regular period for almost 4 weeks, I called my doctor alarmed and she said that she wanted me to stick with it, so she said, stop taking the pill for 3 days and then restart it. I did exactly what she said, it seemed to get lighter, but the bleeding stayed. I was coming to my third regular cycle and was very nervous about what would happen, when my regular cycle day came, THE BLEEDING STOPPED. I was amazed and relieved, it felt like I was bleeding out!

now I am nervous as I am coming to the end of the first pack, I am wondering what will happen during that week of light yellow pills. does anyone know? I really don't want to go thru that ever again, I also had low libido, face breakouts and small amount of weight gain.
DON'T! I am 23 years old without any serious health problems. I have always had very painful/heavy periods and suffered from acne so I was attracted to Seasonique for obvious reasons. I switched over from a low dose of monthly birth control (ortho-tricycline) and within the first few weeks of taking Seasonique I convinced myself I was pregnant, even though there wasn't any real way that could have possibly happened. My boobs hurt terribly, I was light headed, I felt sick, I was extremely tired and had terrible emotional outbursts. I am now half way through the second 30 day pack and hating life. I started spot bleeding starting last week and then it turned into a full blown period with the worst cramps I have ever experienced (believe me I know bad cramps when I get them), so much so I though my uterus was bursting or something. I can't even stand up straight and I'm extremely sick to my stomach.  I refuse to take anymore of these pills. It is NOT worth it. I'm giving my body a break. Do yourself a favor and listen to the majority of people who have shared their bad experiences as well. Stay away from Seasonique. I wish I had done more research.
So after reading all the various posts in here, one does walk away wondering why anyone would want to take it. This thread to this post is incredibly long, and only a very few people have had any luck with it.  I'm convinced that had I stayed on it at my age it would have ultimatly caused  me serious irreversible damage to me physically.
I am almost done my first 90 day pack. I had light btb when I first started that has now gotten heavy enough to need a tampon. I have been bleeding for about 6 weeks... most of it a very dark brown color. I hadn't noticed many other side affects because I am a stay at home mom of 2 babies so my moods are crazy ANYWAY. I am going to switch because I am tired of bleeding, I have taken orthotricyclen plenty of times and NEVER had this! I am wondering What other methods of bc you all  have tried and have been successful and happy with :)
I've been on it for 7 months and I thought I was just depressed with everything else that was going on in my life until recently.I had my last period on this pill the second week of Septemer but over that past 3 weeks straight I have seen the full spectrum from spotting to  bleeding which has totally freaked me out. I went on Seasonique after my horrible, 'unexplainable' cramps kept coming back while on yasmin, and yaz, along with the crazy mood swings and PMS I had never experienced before being on birth control.
I too am wondering what other method people are switching to for both birth control and for aiding in the reducing of cramps.
I appreciate everyone sharing their stories.  Thanks!
I am on my third month of my first pack of Seasonique. I have had no side effects at all. No spotting or even a cramp. I attribute this to my wonderful OBGYN. She started me out taking the first month,then taking a week break, taking the second month, taking a week break and then the third. this caused me to have a normal period in between each month to help my body adjust to the high dose of Seasonique. People react differently. If you are switching from one pill to Seasonique, ease into it. It was deffinatly beneficial.
I am 20 years old and have been on seasonique for about a year or so. the past 3 months have been living hell. i have been complaining of of severe pains in stomach...swelling of my hands and feet..weakness..dizziness and lately my chest has felt horrible. i told my boyfriend that it feels as if someone is sitting on my chest! could this come from the pill???
so noone else is having hair loss with seasonique?
i m 26 years old , never took any BC pills before seasonique , ( i know what you might be thinking : how is that possible ?) i just didn t believe in putting anything like that in my system ...i started 5 months ago for a major reason( ..), it was horrible since day one , but i kept on going thinking that i just need to adjust .
i had a whole 20 days of heavy bleeding , not just liquid type , but some sort of piece that hurt and disgusted me , headaches that would last forever , lost a lot of weight , i m still underweight for my age and height , mood swings , very dry skin , pimples all over my arms ,  my stomach is always hurting,it feel like it s getting worse and worse , i can t stand anything i eat now and end up throwing up ( and i know for a fact that i m not pregnant ),i can t sleep at night , i feel depressed and sad all the time , my sex life is not that great anymore , thank God he knew me before :) , it s seems that i m always the only one that s frizzing or to hot .
i would say that the only good thing about that , is that i can t even stand smoking anymore ( i have smoked for 10 years and was not willing or even wanting to quit )
i was questioning all what was going on with me , until today . thanks to all of you ladies , i feel normal , i m not crazy it s that pill that messing me up ..i m stopping today.
thank you so much
I'm 18 I have been on Seasonique for 2 months, and Seasonique has done nothing but great things for me. Every woman is different, and some birth controls aren't right for every woman. I was on Yaz before, which was also a good birth control, but I didn't want to have a period every month. I decided I wanted to change my birth control because I had heard great things about Seasonique. I feel that Seasonique is very beneficial for women who have endometriosis, heavy periods, and severe cramping. Some women experience break through bleeding in the first few months of taking the pill, but I am one of the few that hasn't experienced any of the negative side effects of the pill. The only thing that I have noticed with Seasonique is a bit of breast tenderness. If you want to try Seasonique go for it, your body will decide if the pill is good for you or not
im 13 and ive been o my period for 1 year and a couple of months i have really heavy bleeding ill put a new pad on then soon as i stand up i will need a new one i dont use tampons ive never tried im kinda to scared. i just got a free 3 month sample from my docter  of seasonique i havnt started them yet i just started my period today im waithing for sunday after my period to take the first pill i want fewer periods i dont want to gain wait from the pill though and im not sure if i should tke them because ive heard all of the sideaffects i hte having my period but if its going to be trouble i dont want to take the pill or screw up my body! so should i take the pill or not??
I am a 32 year old woman who has been on Seasonique for about two months now. I switched to Seasonique from Yaz thinking that it would be great to only have a few periods every year. BIG MISTAKE!! Since being on Seasonique, I have had a month + long period, intense cramping, slight weight gain, acne at age 32???? I mean really...not to mention COMPLETE LOSS OF SEX DRIVE, painful intercourse and hives. When I finally couldn't stand it for one more minute , I called my Dr. and he told me to finish the month with the Seasonique and then go back onto the Yaz. I have two more weeks to go and they couldn't go by fast enough for me. I know that every woman is different and will react to bc in different ways but for me it has been a horrible experience and I can only hope that these side effects will go away as fast as they came. Good luck to all you ladies!
I have been with an amazing man for almost 3 months now and i started taking Seasonique 5 weeks ago... Tonight was the last night I took the pill... It made me incredibly moody/psycho, tonight I totally flipped out on the poor guy... I cry without reason, almost like if I were on my period but all the time!!! I have been gaining weight... but also, loss of appetite?? Don't ask! Itchy all over (like another girl said in another post). I have had nausea, vomiting, headaches, I got sick every night!!! And for some strange reason, has lost the want to smoke, which sounds good... but not me. I didn't have a period when I normally would which was great... no spotting, no break through bleeding, just crazy everything else. Poor guy just have a vasectomy done last week on Thursday so I could come off the birth control...... do not take Seasonique.... and Keith if you read this.... I'm really sorry hunny..... I love you..... I dumped the pills down the drain.....   (so that i wouldn't be temped to take them just "one more day").  PLEASE FORGIVE ME......
ive been on seasonique for 2yrs. all has been well. after finishing my last pack...no period. so i havent taken it again. 2 months have gone by no period. i tested for pregnancy every week during  2 months. all negative. will i ever start?
Ive been reading all the comments posted in regards to seasonique and I'm quite alarmed.  Im a male and my girlfriend and I have been having issues latley in our relationship.  I've been very moody myself and have been going through personal issues that I've unfortunatley allowed to intefere with our relationship.  I've been feeling like I've been doing things wrong and saying inappopriate things to cause her to be distant, irritable, moody, and appear to want nothing to do with me.  One minute shes loving and kind and the next shes annoyed with me.  Don't get me wrong...Im a guy...IM NOT PERFECT and Im fully aware that our relationship issues are not due to her moods.  I know that I have my ways and moods too.  Feeling at a loss and nowhere to go, I turned to the internet to see if there was something I could discover and perhaps help.  She's been complaining of headaches, cramps and bloating.  She's had her period for I don't know how long!  She'll be fine one day without discharge or spotting then the next day just the oppostie.  Its freaking insane!  I would go as long as I could without sex if it meant she wouldn't feel this way anymore.  I would do anything if she were to  be free from this.  I've read so many articles trying to find answers and it all comes back to the same complaint(s) about seasonique.  As I stated earlier, we've had issues in our relationship and we've both been very moody.  I thought it was just me that was making her the way she's been but Ive realized all I've read could have an affect on us and our issues.  I just wanted all you women to know that I appreciate what you go through and give you all a lot of credit for doing what you do in regards to BC.  I can't imagine the pain and suffering and not only do I think of my (ex)girlfriend as I read these posts, but I think of all you too.  Keep your chins up...If I find anything else out, will keep you all posted  
     I am so greatly relieved that I found this post.  I have been taking Seasonique for well over a year due to severe menstrual pain and pain between periods.  There is the possibility of endometriosis but the only diagnostic procedure for this is a laproscopy which I do NOT want.  For the first year taking this pill it seemed great.  I hadn't realized just how much pain I was having between periods until I stopped having it.  Even during the first three-month pack I experienced absolutely no side-effects--no spotting, mood swings, or anything else.
     Now, however, I am currently on the ninth week of my sixth pack and have had heavy spotting and nearly as much pain during that time as during my period.  It is common during the first three months until one's body adjusts, I realize, but I find it strange for it to start after being on it for nearly a year and a half.  it has been seventeen days without stopping.
     I have also gained five pounds since this pill, which perhaps is not much, but all of it has been in my butt (just what any woman needs, right?).  I have also lost a great deal of muscle tone since starting the pill and had never even considered the possibility that the pill itself could be to blame.  I have done strength training religiously for years and instead of gaining muscle I lost it while taking this medication.  Has this happened to anyone else?
My name is Penny, I also started on Seasonque this summer but as time went on, it made me sick. My blood pressure is staying up as we speak and I was starting spotting even when I was on it. The spotting stop but now I have severe hot flashes. In the day and mostly in the middle of the nite. My head hurts a lot and I don't have no cycle. I was off of them for two months. My body feels like its going down. Now I have to have a hysterectomy, which I don't want but I know I will sometime in the near future. I have sarcoidosis and that will be a high risk for me to do. I will never get back on any birth control pill anymore. Please pray for me I over come these symptoms I am having right now.
PLEASE...PLEASE....SOMEONE HERE ME.
I am 35 years old and have been taking seasonique for approx 2 years straight. (before this birth control i had been on many different ones -on and off- for years. 28 day kind). seasonique has been wonderful; not having PMS, cramps and of course not having a period for 3 months (each pack).

i have stopped at the end of the pack-as normal- and this last time NO PERIOD. In fact; NO PERIOD FOR 2 AND 1/2 MONTHS NOW. I've only had sexual intercourse twice in this past year. But just to make i have taken pregnancy tests once a week to the day.

is this normal? will i ever start? or does it take time for my body (or hormones) to re-adjust? if so how long? anyone know? i feel weird not having any period for soooo long and knowing im not on any birth control pills.

yours truly,
helplesss
your relationship issues, from what u have written, has nothing to do with seasonique.

first, how long has she been on it?
spotting is normal for the first 6-12 months.
bleeding heavily non-stop during taking this pill is not.

also, is she taking it everyday at exactly the same time?
do you know? has she missed any? more than 3? do you know? do you REALLY know?

having a period (a full heavy period) in the middle of the 3-month pill packet is almost impossible. unless,, she has missed or stopped taking the pills.

and if she stopped, without telling you, was it because she wanted to get pregnant?

i am not a doctor, just a woman who has had experience by taking seasonique.
just want to make this clear.

i had a long period, and went to my gynocologist and the first thing she did was order a pregnancy test. it was negative. but i assume she did it for a reason.

take a test. and see a doctor.
Dear doglover35:

This is my first time to this site, and is because of the SAME REASON and symptoms you are having!  I've been taking birth control for 3-4 years, and Seasonique for 1 of those years.  This past month, when I was supposed to be on my period, it never came.  I assumed I was pregnant (was recently married 4 months ago!) and stopped taking the pills immediately.  After a couple home pregnancy tests, and a trip to the doctor, I found I'm NOT pregnant, but after 4 weeks have still not gotten a period!  I've heard this can happen after taking birth control for this long, but why now???  Why didn't it show up this month when it was supposed to??  I've always been VERY regular with my period, even without birth control.  
i had ben taking yaz for about a year and a half to two years to help my acne and it was great for me but i wanted fewer periods. the last period i had was in august and i just kept skipping the placebo pills so i wouldnt get my period. three weeks ago i finished my last regular yaz pill and started taking seasonique skipping the placebos again. the first week i was just totally uninterested in sex. when i did have sex it was painful and (not to be weird and to personal) but i could not get wet for anything. after the first week i started to spot a little it was really nothing but its gotten worse. as of now i've had my period for two weeks and i continue to take the pill hoping it will make it stop but it doesnt seem like its going away anytime soon. its still not that bad but i have to wear a tampon and its annoying. i've also been getting cramps and headaches and i NEVER get either im aslo experiencing vaginal swelling and soreness. i have been moody and jittery. i know everyone reacts differently to different medications but i would never have started taking seasonique if i knew it would have caused this many problems. i dont know if all of my problems are related to seasonique but they all started right after i began taking it and im definately going off of it! im glad other people on here have shared their experiences. it really made me feel better to know that other women are experiencing some of the same things i have and that it could be related to the pill and not just my body going crazy
THANK YOU!!!! I've  been on lo seasonique for about 5 months.  I found this website because I had been experiencing breakthrough bleeding while on these pills. I ruined this past semester of my senior year in college as a result of the depression and mood swings lo seasonique caused.  I thought something was wrong with me until i read the other stories.  I no longer feel alone and I am quitting these pills TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just to say seasonique was the best birth control i have ever taken i didn't get any side effects what so ever. I was on tricyclenlo and hated it i was horrible so for all you women out there having doubts don't try it for your self and you shall see how ur body adjust everyones body is different and reacts to medicine differently.

I have been on Seasonique for a little over two months now.  My clothes are a little tighter, but it is my breasts that are giving me the most trouble.  I am 40 years old (have had two children), and have never experienced this.  I am only a 34B, but my breasts feel so swollen and heavy.  NONE of my bras are comfortable, and I've spent so much money on new larger-sized bras that are also uncomfortable.  I became so frusterated with this, that I stopped mid-pack.  Two days ago.  I just wanted to have fewer periods.  Was it worth it?  NOOOO.  I'm hoping my breasts will feel 'normal' again after the estrogen leaves my body.  I don't know.  Anyone else had this problem?
im rachael, im 14. Ive been on Seasonique for a year.. i told my mom at 13 that i was tired of spending $40 a month on pads and tampons. Few days later we both went to her doctor; who is also mine. she gave me a sample of Seasonique, for 3 month. i felt so releaved! before bc i had to leave school early everyday cause of accidents.
now i dont have to worry.i have been taking it ever since and ive never spotted during on Seasonique. now ive had 4 packs, i havent had another pack since august and bleed ever since. hopefully soon i'll get another pack! i feel tired and sleepy all the time. i have gained more weight without Seasonique. ever since i stopped my face has broke out and i've had a temper that i never thought i had. i have enjoyed my time with Seasonique! and i hope it works out for all the ladies out there!
I wish I had found this forum 6 months ago. My Doctor had me on Lo Seasonique then switched me to Seasonique and I have been bleeding pretty much the entire time. There was one point in time where my period was normal (just one month) then it went haywire again. My situtation is unique because I also have thyroid disease which controls your hormone levels. However, that was under control so it was the seasonique that caused me the trouble. Three weeks ago I started bleeding heavily and experiencing large blood clots and cramps so severe that it felt almost like slight labor pains. I called my Doctor and she finally told me to stop taking the seasonique. Its been 3 days now and the cramps have stopped. Seasonique for me has been a nightmare and I would not recommend anyone to take these pills. When your body is used to having a monthly period and all of a sudden something is interfering with that, it can only mean trouble in my opinion. I was hesistant at first but was assured by my Doctor that it was okay, but as I see here and in other forums about 95% of the women taking these pills experience all sorts of problems and about 5% say its the best thing to happen to them, I don't know about anyone else but those are not good odds in my opinion. The pharmaceutical companies putting this crap on the market and in many instances the doctors pushing them are not being wholely genuine. In test studies, these pills only helped a small percentage of the women however that is enough for the FDA to allow them to enter the market place. My doctors put me on the pill due to heavy bleeding and she wanted my iron levels to normalize. Also, I have a serious boyfriend and didn't mind taking the pill and not worrying about condoms and pregnancy, but half the time I couldn't have sex anyway because I was bleeding. My doctor is putting me on another pill that I start in 3 weeks but I will do my research this time and if I find similar stories as the ones out here I will have to consult with her about alternatives. This is ridiculous, I think that women have become guinea pigs for these pharmaceutical companies and its wrecking our bodies.
I completely agree with you, my time on Seasonique and the months following were a nightmare.  Its been 8 months since I last took them and I was only on them for 2 months and I can honestly say I now feel normal and healthy again.  The anxiety has all but gone and after months of bleeding both on and off the pills has now normalized.  I went on another hormone for a few monts but I have since stopped using them as well.  My hormones seem to be happiest when I take good care of myself.  Seasonique also made me blow up like a balloon gaining 10 pounds, i have lotst all 10 plus 6 more so being svelte is  nice too!!! and it also makes your sex drive zoom too! I still think some of the old methods work the best, like diaphrams and such and leave the hormones out of it all together.  Have you seen the ads now for pills that are being pawned off for the wonderful benefit of never having a period because its "medically not necessary" excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you buy into that one, good luck!!!!!!!!
Do you find yourself trowing things at the TV set when you see an ad for seasonique? if so I think thats a forever side effect :) I am still considering reporting my advese effects to the FDA, still not sure...
Im only 16 and i hate getting my periods im always in pain. Do you think i will be able to take  Seasonique
Thanks for all the posts. I have been on seasonique for 6 weeks now and havent had one day where I didnt bleed. The last few weeks it has just been getting heavier and heavier. So miserable!! I called my doctor today and they told me that it is "normal" and to stick it out, and that if I wanted to change to another pill that I would have to schedule another office visit! I dont have the money for that and I cant understand why they would need me to come in just to write me a script for the pill I was on prior to this..
Also after reading this forum I have realized that some of the things that I have been experiencing recently that I was chalking up to just stress may actually be symptoms of of this pill. Hair loss, headaches, I had a panic attack at work last week and I havent had one in over 8 years, having unusually ichy skin that lotion just doesnt help, blood pressure gone up...
I have decided not to take one more pill! I also am going to find a different MD as well. I know that different things work for defferent people.. Seasonique is NOT for me. I just hope that my bleeding finally stops once I quite this pill.  

I've been on Seasonique for 9 weeks and have had bleeding for six.  I am soo tired of this!! Does anyone know soon after Seasonique can I start a new pill.  I have a new prescription, but I'm afraid to not take anything for a few days and I might ovulate.  My doctor told me to stop and then start on Sunday.  Can I just go from one pill to the other the next day?
DAMN!!! lol im 18 and just started loSeasonique im not quite sure what the diffrence is between the 2 maybe loseasonique is just a lower dose birth control but yall are freaking me out :( i hope all these bad things dont happen except the bigger boobs 5'6 105lbs and 32A not cool lol i guees i have a decent body but i want boobies. But i wwould probably start another birth control if i expirience all these symptoms especially the mood swing i definately dont want tht im not trying to run my bf off lol
has anyone had spotting in the second pack?
Hello everyone. I have been on and off and on and off Seasonique for almost 3 years now. I have tried other things to because I am taking it for Endometriosis. Very painful diease that I live with every day. It's not helping to stop my period anymore and I have horrible headaches every day and some musle problems. Taking it this long might not be a "good" thing anymore. Periods and craps are so damn bad I cry and hurts to walk. Heck laying on the couch hurts. Heating pad does help some times but nothing helps forever. If you dont have problems at first with it if you take it as long as I have you most likely will. The Depo shot closed up my ovaires and kept my eggs from coming out and when I had my 3rd stomach surgery my doctor had to drill into my ovaries so they could work again. I dont want kids of my own. Kind of afraid to for few different reasons but two main ones could give endo to my child. I'd be afraid of watching them go through what I do and two if I cant even take of myself and I am in bed most of the time then how can I take care of a child who needs me almost 24/7. So I cant do that not only to me sense my health ***** but it would be unfair to the child. My doctor wants me to have a child cuz says it would help. NO IT WONT! He is an idiot. It wont cure it so dont think that. IT WONT! Right now I am looking for something else and if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I could use all the help I can get. Thanks for reading and for your tme.
Basically, all birth control sounds like it *****. I had really bad periods before [they lasted 14 days, were super heavy, and I had horrible cramps], so I asked to be put on bc. Now, halfway through the second month, I am bleeding everyday and I've had cramps all day everyday and no matter what I take or do they won't go away [for the past two weeks]. I'm not sure if I should finish up the packet and find something else, or just suffer with getting my period once a month.
THANK the lord i found this site.....Im only on my first week of seasonique... I thought I was insane because I have been itching like crazy since the day I started it and had rashes on my forearms. I have also started getting headaches in which I never have. I switched because the nuva rig\ng gave me an infection and the Implanon, NEVER GET IT!! I gained 22 pounds in a month and a half and didnt eat for two weeks and was still gaining weight like crazy! I officially give up on birth control.
i am so glad i found this too!! I told my boyfriend of 6years today that I am getting off Seasonique after my next cycle. Last year I lost 26 pounds, and since I started this Pill, I have gained 10 since June. My eating habits are not bad at all, I drink a lot of fluids, and i exercise 3-4 times a week. I feel so bloated and obese ALL THE TIME. I even went on the diet that made me loose weight last year, and I only lost 2 pounds in like 2 weeks!!! I do not want to not take birth control pills, but i want to see how my body reacts to not being on them for once...especially since i have been switching pills for about 5 years before taking Seasonique.
O, and I spot for days into about every 2nd pack!!!
How long is the bleeding after you stop seasonique? I want tp stop because I have expierenced all the depression, spotting after missing 1 pill and headaches all the time! What do I do??
I have been on Seasonique for 3 weeks today. I woke up yesterday with this rashy pimplly looking patch on the top of my forehead right by my hairline.It itches and I feel itchy all over... I have never had a problem with acne. The Dr put me on this because my periods are very painful and I have heavy bleeding. I have never been regular either. I know that after reading all of the above comments I am going off of the pill. Does anyone think my acne will get worse or do you think it will clear up? I am in tears because I really believe this was going to be the right answer for me ! I have 4 children with my husband and he has had a vasectomy so I am not taking BC to prevent pregnancy. I am just taking it to stop the painful periods. She had recommended depo and I know it stays in your system for 3 months and I didnt want to have to deal with symptoms that long if I were to have them. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do? The Dr thinks I could have fybroid cysts and she said this would help shrink them. Thank you
I am an 18 yr old college freshman who has been taking seasonique for about 2 years now (not exactly sure) and I am definitely surprised to see all of these comments about extremely bad experiences! First of all, I would like to point out that people who decide to search the internet for people's input on birth control are most likely experiencing bad side affects which is why the majority of the posts are negative. I just want to say to all the women who are thinking of trying it that its great! SEASONIQUE SAVED ME! I have had severe cramps, nausea, diarrhea, you name it during every period since 5th grade. Sophmore year of high school my mother and I finally decided that birth control would be the most sensible option. I tried every pill that doctors would prescribe and none of them helped my cramping.Finally they decided the only thing to do was to make me have less periods! IT was brilliant. I have much less cramping now when I do have my periods and they are much lighter.
Also to those of you freaking out about side affects during your first months on the pill- dont psych yourself out! My body definitely had trouble adjusting to the pill (random cramps, long periods, etc.) but like any birth control, you need to give it time (about a year my doc said).
I would not recommend this pill as the first type of birth control people try out because there is a high hormone content in them so adverse reactions to birth control can be amplified. I am sorry to all you ladies who had a hard time with the pill, but I think you are the cases who had rare side affects.

Hope this helps! Good luck girls!
Seasonique has been a blessing for me! Sure you get the usual side effects such as weight gain, anxiety, etc. but there are side effects to everything. I used Yaz for a month and had yeast infection for that entire month. Seasonique's side effects will get better over time. And I mean give it at least 6 months. I had spotting in the beginning but I'd rather have spotting instead of period every month. Everyone reacts to it differently so be patient. I haven't had any extreme side effects that required medical attention. So if you do, make sure you call your doc right away. I've been on Seasonique for 2 yrs now and it's worth every penny. Whoever created this deserves an award!
Hi again.  I posted a comment in January stating how heavy and painful my breasts had become and about the weight gain while I was on Seasonique.  Obviously, this is nothing compared to other stories.  I honestly don't know how this product is still on the market!  Are there any health professionals that even read these posts?

I abruptly stopped taking Seasonique in January.  I immediately got a yeast infection as a 'thank you for using Seasonique'.  It took about a month, but  I lost the weight and my bras now fit like they did before.  I am normal in every way again.

I don't care how often I get my periods, quitting Seasonique was the BEST thing I could have ever done.

If you're thinking of taking Seasonique, read this forum in it's entirety first.
I have been on seasonique lo for a full pack.  The only problem I am having is the weight/water gain.  It is painful in my abdomen area from the pressure of bloating.  Other than that I like it.  But I was wondering does the bloating and slight weight gain eventually subside once your body gets us to it????  I don;t want to switch but I also do not want to gain weight and be bloated either.
I am also on seasonique and have experienced similar side effects.  The first being I have gained 12 pounds in 3 weeks.  I have also gotten terrible acne.  I am so embarressed to see people, and can barely look them in the eye.  I am moody, irritable and have no sex drive.  I am basically falling apart.  I have also had severe cramping in my feet and legs.  It is terrible.  I am afraid to stop it in the middle of the pack.  Any advice?
Hi everyone! I'm so happy to have found a forum that has recent posts about this stuff. I am on week 3 of my first pack of seasonique and for 2 days have had really bad cramps and lower back pain! I woke up in the middle of the night last night from the cramping and it has been consistent for 2 days!

I'm confused because there's no bleeding yet..just cramping. I'm trying to talk myself out of thinking I have some horrible infection or STD and that it really is just this stupid pill. It's ironic because ive been on birth control forever and have never really had bad side effects until now after barely 3 weeks of seasonique. It's totally a bummer...however I really hope the cramping and back aches are from the pill rather than from some other health problem! any thoughts? Thanks everyone for posting your experiences! its comforting to at least know that im not alone!
I have only been on loseasonique for 2 weeks but everything has been fine. i have had a little spotting and light cramps but i'm sure that because i started the pill right before my normal period. The spotting is getting lighter and the cramps are gone. My sister has been on seasonique for a year and has never had any problems with it. Of course, we are both 19 and the side effects are less likely the younger you are. That is true with most medications. I have been on orthotricyclenlo and i gained weight like crazy. So far i have not had any weight gain from the pill. my weight gain has been from me not exercising as much as i was due to school and studying.
I too at the ripe old age of 51 had no problems the first 2 weeks, and this medication does not have the same side effects on everyone.  So yes you could be loving seasonique.  I however even with the absence of side effects have to question a drug that truly modifies normal human function. That being a woman's normal monthly cycle.  It would be prudent for everyone both loving this and hating it to ask that question. The one comment and the one advertised is "there is no medical need to have a monthly period" that one comment is extraordinary if you think about it...that is simply insane! It's like "medicine"is above natural functions...and when you don't have periods from the "medicine" and you are pregnant how are you supposed to know? Birth control pills and pregnancy don't mix very well.  And even after saying all of that my list of side effects seems pale, except for the abnormal cervical cells I developed after being on it. I really truly believe bottom line is, its a dangerous drug and women chemically manipulating their young bodies to avoid having periods is absolutely insane. Maybe some take it because they like to have sex every night and have trouble doing it while on their periods, there are ways to have bloodless sex, disposable "Instead" cups work fabulous, and work better than pads or tampons for everyday use.
Anyways I think there are things out there and other ways to handle the reasons women are being prescribed this drug, and women owe it to themselves to ask a lot of questions about a medicine they are being prescribed.
I have been on seasonique for over two years now, and have never once had any issues.  I am sorry to hear about all the trouble it seems to be causing others however.  

I used to have horrible periods that would last for 10+ days, and would be so bad that I would vomit, couldn't stand or would even pass out.  Since I have been on seasonique, aside from spotting for the first year or so, I have had NONE of those symptoms. Even when I cheat a bit and make my period come a bit early, or hold it off for a week or so (by just starting a new pack) I am fine.

I have never experienced a decreased sex drive (in fact I think, seasonique may have helped increase mine... but that could be the start of a new relationship as well...) and I have never had severe mood swings or physical problems.  

I think the real advice I want to share though, is just consult your gynecologist.  He/She will know you best and can give you many alternatives that are safe and effective.  My gynecologist swears by seasonique and that it causes no harm to the woman and says that it may even be healthier to have less periods a year as it simulates what was normal for much of human existence - fewer periods due to childbirth.
Hello all,

I'd just like to add my experience with Seasonique.  I started taking it because I had really, REALLY bad cramps monthly. Sometimes 800 mg of ibuprofen wouldn't even lessen them.  I'd been on Ortho Tri Cyclen before, which helped.  I thought I'd try Seasonique, because the aspect of fewer periods seemed really great.

Wrong.  Everything was great for the first couple of weeks.  I'm now in the middle of week 7, and have been bleeding for at least three weeks (honestly, I've lost count from when I started).  Light cramps at night.  Major increase in breast size and appetite - it's like I'm eating to feed my boobs, it's crazy.  I think I'm going to go off it, because I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.  It just doesn't feel healthy to be bleeding all the time.

I've not noticed any mood swings for me, though - if anything, it's helped keep me level-headed.  At least there's that!
I've been only seasonique now for about 6 months I really like it but every once in a while I have these really bad acne problems that only last for a couple of days. That's scarey and I'm wondering should I get off the pills or give it a little time since it just started happening. Help
I thought I would add my 2 cents to the growing list. I started seasonique because of unexplainable severe cramping. I couldn't eat because I'd be ill, and nothing would take away the cramps or migraines. My doctor prescribed seasonique despite the health warnings my family usually causes due to cases of breast cancer and clotting. Everything seemed ok until I too got my a couple weeks before I was supposed to. From then on, I consistently spotted for months. Not to mention bouts of minor acne. However, I like many of you, were told to stick it out. I tried and nearly ended up with a severe case of depression. I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't hungry, and I was having severely irrational mood swings. To top it off, I started getting pains throughout my chest and shortness of breath. I finally called my doctor when these oddities all came together. She pulled me off of them immediately. I'm almost 3 months off the pills now, without replacing them with more bc. I finally am starting to feel happy and normal again. I urge you to contact your doctor immediately if you feel something is off, or if the people close to you mention your off. It's hard to hear it, but I wish I'd listened sooner. I'd just be that much farther along in recovering.
Seasonique *****! Been on it for at least a year now paying at least $160 per prescription because insurance won't cover it (???) ... *****. I don't really need to be on it as I cannot have sex with my fiance because I bleed ALL THE TIME.... ALL THE TIME!. I should just save myself the money.. My fiance isn't going to have sex with me if I'm bleeding and this is obviously a gimmick. Ridiculous. A friend of mine had the same experience . . . .  Whoo, FDA way to go, what a ****** product.
I should mention.. I've been on this product for months, at least a year. From reading the older posts it sounds like it is " normal" to bleed for the first year on this product... WTH? are you kidding me? I too suffer from severe cramps but this isn't worth it, I promise. This is a product that is half what it promises and delivers pricey solutions. I posted earlier that I bleed ALL THE TIME LITERALLY-ALL THE TIME on this product. Why would I even need to be on birth control at that point? I bleed all the time as opposed to 1 out of 4 weeks?? Even if that one week I do bleed *****... still not worth it. Take a different birth control. I have also been super emotional and paranoid on this. This "product" is a negative product that I am not secure in the solutions it is providing me.
I guess it REALLY depends on your body type. Im finishing my last month of seasonale right now (im canadian btw) and last pack i got my period the second week into the last month and i was bleeding for four weeks, and this time i got my period the first two days of the last month in the pack and i will be bleeding for going on five weeks maybe six. Its made my acne absolutely EXPLODE all over the place its never been this bad, i have an odour that ive never had before and my sex drive has been through the roof, i have DREAMS about sex its that bad. Also my cramps go crazy and i get insane violently emotional episodes from time to time like talking suicide thoughts and crying to the point where i need eye drops and my chest hurts. I talked to my family physitian a few days ago and she recomended YAZ, so in two weeks ill be switching, but man, i thought i was the only one that was f***ed up on seasonale... im glad i read your post!
Scratch what i just said, i read most of the posts on this forum im DONE. TODAY. I thought i was the only one... Im a lesbian and my best friend who is also my ex i can talk to about everything and i talked to her about what i just read in this forum and she told me to get off and i asked my mother as well. All of this SH*T is not worth it. bleeding for a year is WAY worse than having a heavy 7 day period. I thought seasonale would help with my symptoms and make my periods lighter and only a few times a year its such a CROCK, its been almost nine months since i started, and i thought the mood swings and the depression and the spotting were from stress in college, but i dont believe that after reading everyone elses bad experiences. Im DONE with this BC i cant take the constant B/S that this crap is dishing out. I have been smelling like a block of cheese down there and im guessing its an infection and suspecting its from this stupid BC. Thank god i found this forum... maybe now i can fix things with the girl of my dreams and have my life back. Birthcontrol from hell, if your on it, get off it, of your thinking about getting on it DONT! It will wreck you.
Boob tenderness
LONGGGGGGG ASSSSS PERIODS
Itchy skin
Mood swings
depression
Complete personality change
Either weight gain or weight loss
Low sex drive
Cramps beyond belief alllllllll the time
Etc. Etc.
Worst mistake of my life. I regret ever considering trying this pill it was a mistake.
So i've been taking Seasonique for about a year and a half (i think, maybe a little more or less), and I haven't had any side effects different from what i've had before with other birth controls - TOTAL lack of sex drive, some mood swings, easy to anger, cramping.  I usually cramp the entire third month of each pack/cycle, and i've gotten used to it.  However, now I'm a little worried - I missed a few days during the second month of this pack without realizing it (I was on spring break and my daily routine was off), and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend.  About a week later, we had sex again, and the next evening I had a little bit of mucus-y blood when I went to the bathroom.  I think it was either from rough sex or implantation bleeding, and I can't figure out which. now i'm supposed to be having my period.  It's wednesday, and I still haven't started bleeding - it's been four days.  I don't remember when I usually start bleeding, so I'm freaking out.  I took a pregnancy test and it said negative, but the negative line was really faint (it was an EPT test).  Any advice?
I've been on seasonique going on two years now. At first it worked fine! I felt fantastic and i absolutley loved it. But the farther into it i went the worse it got, and the worse i felt. My last two packs i've been on my period three- four weeks straight! It \has drained every once of energy from my body.. I've had severe migranes (migraines) from the birth contol and a very low sex drive. RIDICULOUS mood swings, and im just very very down most of the time. I recomend giving this pill a chance at first but if your side effects get bad dont be stubborn like i was GET OFF IT!
Viewing 201-400 comments: