Are UTI infections transferable to men?
I had oral sex and sexual intercourse with a guy that I have known for a while while menstruating. I removed the tampon and began doing what I do. I knew he was clean and he knew I was clean. After having sex with him a week later he comes to me and states his throat hurt and his penis burned and told me he thinks I had given him gonorrhea. I knew that could not be possible because I do not sleep around. I immedietly contacted my gyno and made an appointment. I went and got tested and the results came back negative for everything. His tests showed a serious urinary tract infection. I didnt have a UTI at the time of intercourse and never got one. I was on my period at the time we had sex do you think my period could of caused him all these issues? I mean it seems strange for one to get a soar throat from oral considering I am STD and infection free, do you think it could of been my period blood that affected him, or maybe bacteria from the tampon? Please respond. Thanks!
Everyone take mind that this was about a year ago, not recent!
If it was over a year ago, why worry about it? No, you can't give a uti to him.
Wow.. not to sure how sanitary it is for him to be giving you oral while you are on your period... but hey.. whatever... UTI's can just come about.. I have gotten UTI's without having sex before.. was he tested and had gonnereah (spelling?) and that is why he is saying that is what you gave him?
im not to worried about the situation i just wanted to see if anyone else has expierienced something similar. He did not test positive he had a uti.