Women's Health Community
Are UTI infections transferable to men?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Are UTI infections transferable to men?

I had oral sex and sexual intercourse with a guy that I have known for a while while menstruating. I removed the tampon and began doing what I do. I knew he was clean and he knew I was clean. After having sex with him a week later he comes to me and states his throat hurt and his penis burned and told me he thinks I had given him gonorrhea. I knew that could not be possible because I do not sleep around. I immedietly contacted my gyno and made an appointment. I went and got tested and the results came back negative for everything. His tests showed a serious urinary tract infection. I didnt have a UTI at the time of intercourse and never got one. I was on my period at the time we had sex do you think my period could of caused him all these issues? I mean it seems strange for one to get a soar throat from oral considering I am STD and infection free, do you think it could of been my period blood that affected him, or maybe bacteria from the tampon? Please respond. Thanks!