Women's Health Community
Are you aware of the new abortion findings?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Are you aware of the new abortion findings?

I wanted to make folks aware of this breaking story, as of yesterday afternoon.  A 10-year study has found that abortion is not a cause of breast cancer.  This study shoots down one of the most popular, but specious, arguments of the anti-abortion crowd, that having an abortion can lead to breast cancer.  

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070424/ts_alt_afp/ushealthcancer_070424123416

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Good point! A 10-year study involving over 100,000 participants that came up with similar findings to a study 2 years prior to that. Yeah, I can see how you would not find any "merit" to this study! Yep, sure sounds totally political to me. Good catch. Let's just discount this thing and move on. You are so right.

But it's great that you're pro-choice at least.

Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
In all fairness,  that study doesn't seem to have a lot of merit - I don't think anyone was suggesting that women who get an abortion will have breast cancer in the next decade - most women who have breast cancer have it in later years,  and it could well be there is a very strong correlation between number of abortions and miscarriages,  and breast cancer.

I'm pro-choice,  but that study doesn't even seem to attempt to get at the truth - almost seems politically motivated.
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
barn babe,  don't you think it would be MUCH better if this study focused on women who are,  say,  60 - 70 years old?  

THEN you'd see who develops breast cancer.    

I'm very pro-choice,  but I'm not willing to hide the facts and skew the stats to back my position up.
Blank
This is a forum for posting medical QUESTIONS - not drive-by postings meant to stir up politics and controversy. And on top of that - acting indignant and rude if someone chooses to disagree (isn't free choice what you're all about?) is also unwelcome here.

Let me help you back up on to your high horse so you can gallop off into the sunset.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...