Arthritus
My husband has started to suffer with arthritus pain at the base of his thumb that is getting worse - is there any natural medicaion that he can start taking to improve matters or maybe a change in his diet? Can any one help please?
Firstly you should consult a joint specialist to determine the type of arthritis that your husband has and then medicines will be prescribed. First possibility is of rheumatoid arthritis. The second possibility is of gout which is an inflammatory joint disease that causes acute pain and swelling in the joints. Mainly big toe is affected but it can involve any joint. Diagnosed by uric acid levels in the blood and microscopic examination of fluid drawn from the joints.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.