Atypical Cervical Blood Vessels--SOS PLEASE!!!!!
I had an abnormal pap smear test a couple weeks ago. The GYN said she found some precancerous cells. She also saw some abnormal blood vessels on the cervix. They look like little dots, commas and threadss. I am fully aware of the potential diagnose: cervical cancer. I'm just wondering if it's possible that those abnormal blood vessels are caused by NOT cancer???

I posted a note earlier and am sorry for some repeated information. I'm really scared...partly because of my family history.

Thank you so much for reading this post. Please share your advice/experiences with me!!! I really truly greatly appreciate your time and help.
Yes the abnormal patterns on your cervix can be other things other than cancer.

You may just have Cervical Dysplasia (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia).  Its a 'pre'-cancerous growth of cells. The cells grow a little strange pushing out your blood vessels making unusual patterns on the surface of the cervix. Once you start developing Dysplasia it can take 10 years or more to develop into a cancer. The important thing is it is NOT a cancer yet.

The next level up after Dysplasia is Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS) this is not cancer as well. In fact, it is just a severe form of dysplasia, and the abnormal cells still remain confined within the skin and CIS can not spread to other areas of the body.

Other than those two things, I dont know :(

Good luck with your tests!

The bright side of this situation is that you found out. Medicine is so advanced it will get taken care of.

I def understand your fear and frustration my mom had cancer at a very young age and my older sister did too. I had a colposcopy done this morning because my last pap smear results were abnormal. I am soooo scared for the results but like i said Medicine is so advanced that there is a way to prevent these cells from becoming cancer.

Your post was very helpful Thank you and Good Luck!