BIRTH CONTROL PILLS AND LAWSUITS

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS AND LAWSUITS

HI TO EVERYONE, I HAVE A FEW THINGS THAT I WANT TO SAY.  FIRST OF ALL TO LUCYLUU, I DON'T BLAME YOU AT ALL FOR SEEKING INFORMATION FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU AND EVEN IF YOU WANT TO SUE YOU SHOULD.  LET ME TELL YOU WHY.  I WAS ON ORTHO NOVUM 777, 21 DAYS AND ORTHO NOVUM 1/35, 21 DAYS FOR 18 YEARS OF MY LIFE.  I WENT ON THEM ORIGINALLY BECAUSE I HAD HORRIBLE CRAMPS.  WELL, EVERYTIME THAT I WENT TO THE GYNO I WOULD ASK HIM IF I EVER HAD TO GO OFF OF THEM TO CLEAN OUT MY "SYSTEM"  AND HIS RESPONSE WAS ALWAYS THAT I NEVER HAVE TO GO OFF OF THEM UNLESS I WANT TO OR IF I EVER WANT TO GET PREGNANT.  AND BY THE WAY THE GYNO DOCTOR THAT I HAVE BEEN GOING TO FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS IS ONE OF THE BEST DR'S IN ALL OF NEW YORK.  HE HAS BEEN WRITTEN UP IN NY MAGAZINE AS OF ONE OF THE TOP GYNO'S.  HE IS ALWAYS CALLED TO TESTIFY IN MAJOR TRIALS AND HE TEACHES AT ONE OF THE MOST WELL KNOWN AND RENOUN HOSPITALS IN NEW YORK.  
TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, I HAD MAJOR NECK SURGERY IN 1998 AND 2003.  AFTER MY SURGERY I HAD TO GO FOR SOME TESTS LIKE AN ABDOMINAL ULTRA SOUND AND IT CAME BACK NORMAL BUT THEY FOUND 5 LESIONS MY LIVER!!!  I WENT FOR AN MRI, I WENT TO A LIVER SPECIALIST (WHO I HAVE NOW BEEN GOING TO FOR 5 YEARS)  AND IT TURNS OUT THAT THE LESIONS ARE FROM THE BIRTH CONTROL PILLS AND IT IS CALLED "FOCULAR NODUAL HYPERPLASIA" SHORT FOR "FNH".  WELL, THESE LESIONS WILL NEVER GO AWAY AND THEY HAVE TO BE MONITORED ALL THE TIME TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY DON'T GET ANY BIGGER.  THE LIVER SPECIALIST SAID THAT I WAS VERY LUCKY BECAUSE IF THEY HAD NOT FOUND THEM WHEN THEY DID, I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE WAITLIST FOR A LIVER TRANSPLANT IN A COUPLE OF YEARS.  THEY CAN TURN CANCEROUS AND I CAN NEVER EVER HAVE ANY KIND OF HORMONE THERAPY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.  THERE ARE OTHER MEDICATIONS THAT I CAN'T HAVE EITHER.  WELL, THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I STOPPED TAKING THEM MY BODY WENT INTO SHOCK BECAUSE THE PILL HAD BEEN PRODUCING ALL OF THE HORMONES IN MY BODY FOR SO LONG.  NOW, ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAD NO HORMONES.  WELL, I GAINED 45 POUNDS IN 2 MONTHS AND I BARELY ATE ANYTHING.  I COULDN'T IMAGINE WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME.  I HAD HOT FLASHES ALL THE TIME.  EVEN THOUGH I AM ALWAYS WARM I NEVER WAS HOT LIKE THIS.  I FINALLY WENT TO ANOTHER SPECIALIST WHO IS AN ENDOCHRONOLGIST WHO SPECIALIZES IN GYNOCOLOGY AND INFERTILITY ETC..  TURNS OUT I AM NOT IN MENOPAUSE AT ALL AND I CAN STILL HAVE A BABY (BY THE WAY I AM 39 YEARS OLD AND HAVE NO CHILDREN YET) BUT IN THE PAST 5 YEARS I HAVE NOT HAD MY PERIOD AT ALL AND I HAVE BEEN THROUGH HELL.  I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE NEEDS TO PAY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME. MORE IMPORTANTLY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH!!!  DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH ME?  I MEAN THIS IS THE SHORT END OF THE STORY.  THERE IS MUCH MORE TO IT.  BUT IT IS TOO LATE FOR ME TO SUE THE DR. BECAUSE OF THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS BUT I CAN STILL GO AFTER THE DRUG COMPANY.  I JUST CONTACTED A LAWYER AND I AM WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM HIM.  BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYONE THAT HAS HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM?  IF SO, DO YOU KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE IT?  DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE THAT HAS SUED THE DRUG COMPANY OVER THIS?  I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DO IF YOU COULD EMAIL ME BACK AND LET ME KNOW.  I CAN ALWAYS BE EMAILED AT ***@****.  THANKS AGAIN.
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
30 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
Des_a_rae Ironic? Had a dream last n... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals