BLOOD CLOTS DURING PERIOD
LATELY I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF BLOOD CLOTS DURING MY CYCLE AND THIS MONTH I WAS HAVING A HEAVY PERIOD AND THEN WHEN I WENT TO THE BATHROOM I PASSED A BLOOD CLOT AS BIG AS A GRAPEFRUIT AND THEN MY PERIOD STOPPED NOW IT'S BACK AGAIN VERY LIGHT. I HAVE HAD MY TUBES TIED AND ALREADY HAVE 3 GROWN CHILDREN. SHOULD I SEE THE GYNECOLOGIST OR IS THIS NORMAL? I NEED SOME ADVISE
am I suppose to have a lot of clots in my period? I've been on my period for 3 days now and its really getting on my nerves any tips please help! I need some advice!!! Thanks to anyone who gives me advice I really appreciate it BTW im only 13 and this is my 5th period PLEASE HELP ME Im soooo scared about the clot thing and I live w/ my dad so... It's really awkward talking to him about it:( what can I do to get my mind off of it im also having a lot of mood swings really sensitive and angry a lot. when will it STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uhhh i cant take this anymore.
Im young, I got my period last year it was good but now I have super heavy flow and ive been geting lots of clots and there rely big. Im not sure if thats normal but my perod was late by 2 months now ts coming out a little too much and I dont no what to do! my mom s gon she left me i only have my dad and hes not a good help lol. plz help thx!
Hi  just what to ask u some thing I hope you can help? I had a coil down about one year ago now I've been having period pain. I am a person who aways had light period and less pain then in september I started my monthly period and it was very heavier it was so bad I could fell if I open up something is going to come out, the pain is so bad it fills like labour pain. I went to doctors they thought it might be the coli had sliped out  I had my X-ray scan it come back Ok coli is still their?? Please help me this pain I been having from September tell now I'm very scared for my next period???
I have the same problem except i am only 15. I bleed out these verry large blood clots and have an extremely abnormal cycle ill menstruate for as long as a month at times then go for months without my period at times ir for as short as 3 days till it starts up again for another few weeks.
i was on the depo shot right after i had my daughter and i was bleeding for a year straight till i got off the depo.
This is stress thats doing this, maybe you should seek professional help from both an OBG-YN and a therapist, cuz what affects the mental, affects the physical
I am anemic... but i am having HUGE clots (about gofball size to baseball size), massive cramps, normal? Or time to call the dr?
no you can go for a few months and be pregnant and still have a period. also if you are on the pill it can give you a faulse negitive and if you are pregnant you can damage your child inutro by being on the pill . best way to find out is a blood test and to talk to your parents about all of this. i know that can be very scary, but that is what they are there for. i was 16 when i had my first child, and did not find out until i was 5 months along. he was born 2 months later and was very under weight and i could have avoided all that if i had the proper care and support but i hid it, so i didn't. i know this sounds stupid at your age but the best thing to do to not get pregnant or have any scares is not to have sex. it only takes one time. i hope all works out for you. take care

-Crystal
im only 13.. i never had sex before, but im on my period. and i get these little clots i guess. wat is wrong with me???
My cycles have been kinda odd the past few months, 2 months ago was a few days late with a normal cycle, then last month started spotting a few days b4 normal then bleed for a day and stopped, now this month am bleeding very heavily with half dollar size clots..... Should I call doc?.... Last month was also sick/vomiting and ill to stomach for a couple weeks
I'd say that without a doubt it's time to call a doctor!
Hello Ladies. I have been passing clots for about 5 months now. I noticed them when i first moved back to miami in August. I've always had severe menstrual cycles lasting from 15 to 96 days at a time. I have deen on Depo since i was 13 to help with the bleeding so now my cycles are beyond irregular. Lately i haven't had a mentrual cycle, yet i've been passing clots just about everyday so i've been wearing a pad or tampon just to keep an accident from happening. The weird thing is i'm not having any pains or cramps just passing clots the size of dimes to the size of quarters and i'm worried... Any suggestions???
Um wow, I'm no specialist, but it sounds like you really need to see a doctor.  I know sometimes talking to your parents or care providers about this sort of thing is awful and awkward, but sometimes you just gotta.  Trust me, I once didn't poo for two weeks and thought I was gonna die.  I was too embarrassed to tell my mom until finally I couldn't take it any more and when I did she rushed me to the hospital where I had to get my stomach pumped and supposetories!  How awful is that?!  GO TO THE DOCTOR!  
Iron pills is answer to our blood clots... I use the Ferrous Sulfate and help meeeeeeeeeee :)  
I Am 25 Years Old & The Past 5 Years Ive Had Maybe 10-12 Periods . .Ive Seen The Ob/Gyn ,Many Visits To The ER All They Say ''Its Normal Or We Cant Do Anything Cuz You Dont Have Babies''. . When I Am Lucky When I Get It The Cramps Hurt :'( ,I Use 3 Maxi Pads At Once ,On A Daily Basis I Use 24 Pads For 2 Weeks ,Blood Clots Range In Size Starting With A Apple Size Then The Smallest Is Kiwi Size . . I Know This Isnt Normal But I Am Anemic & Clueless ,Ive Lost Jobs Due To This What To Do ? ?
I have had my period for over six months straight clots also the size of a grapefruit I've had 2 blood tranfusions because of this tryed the pill , taking about 5 pills a day still nothing , ive had two iud's put in and both have painfully pushed out docs don't have a clue why this is happening All tests show nothing I've had internal ultrasound external ultrasound ,biopsy, blood tests and more
my name is nicole i am 17 going on 18 i started my period when i was 12 and to day i saw blood clots to day is the 01/03/2012 and i dont know how to tall my mum and i don't know what to do can any one halp me
thanks a lot  
i am 17 and have had irregular periods ever since i began mensturating at 13. I have currently been bleeding for 6 weeks and have gone through stages where I experienced large blood clots. I am seeing a specialist in a few weeks but am really worried.
my mom's friend is a doctor what she told me was that your periods doesn't come while you're pregnant and after your baby has been deliver you face periods for at least 4 months All of this happens because of hormones.  And hormones are what regulate your periods.  Often times, such as in my case, post pregnant women experience hormone imbalances, which may lead to irregular periods  in women.
I'm 18 I've had my "p" heavily for 5 weeks now Ive had blood clots that are really big I normally last a week and take midol normally because of the very painful cramps but haven't taken any in the last 5 weeks
Need help
Plz
i am 23..and i have a problem to blood clotting..when blood clotting come than i feel fire in my urine place..pls suggest me what should i do
Im 20 and have PCOS, I got my first period in almost a year last week. Its been really heavy (changing tampons every other hour), with awful cramps that have made me pass out and vomit and on top of all that I've been passing what looks like blood clots about the length of my little finger. Ive taken ordinary paracetmol for the pain, but its not working, and Ive been sleeping with a hot water bottle on my tummy which has eased the pain somewhat. I find pressing my fingers to the base of spine helps too, you have to press hard to push at a nerve but its helpful when Im standing around in work, or waiting on the bus and the cramps hit really bad. From what I know as long as the clots are smaller than 3 or 4 fingers together you shouldn't worry too much, its just heavy lining of the uterus that hasn't broken down.
I've recently started having periods that last 3 -4 weeks. Their heavy and there's blood clots. I normally experience blood clots but this is different - thier bigger and more frequent and hurt. I take tablets (tranxiemic and mefenamic acid) for the pain/heavy flow but this seems to do nothing. I'm 19 and i'm not sexually active.
crystal i thought i was alone but i had a baby 3 months ago and hadent had m period until 2 weeks ago and when it come it come there was blood everywhere and 2 days ago i started passing HUGE clots just like u rtalking about and not just one no at least 8 now i thought i had a miscarage but went to the hospital and they said no well i passed 3 more last night and one come out while i was walking yeah while i was walking around i felt like i took a doo doo out of my vagina i really think something is bad wrong with me they shouldnt be like this me and u both should go to the hospital and get checked agian and dont let them tell u its nothing this **** aint right girl!
Hello everyone I need some advise well I have my period n the other day I went to go to the bathroom n a blood clot feel into the tolet and it made a slash I looked down n it was as big as a quater then I rest of the day it just keep hapen everytime I went to the bathroom but the clots got smaller as the day went on wats goin on anyone??
I don't know if it will help you, but ... have you considered going to an acupuncturist and also taking their Chinese medicine. I have been going for period pain relief for only 2 n half months and taking Chinese medicine now n it has made a lessening in the pain during period n have lost some weight i wanted to lose n i thought it worth sharing. Hoping this helps.  
I am only 12 yrs old i started my period when i was 10 and its been hardly any blood and all clots about the size of a quarter (some are bigger some are smaller) for 2 yrs. Should i tell my doctor or is this normal? someone please help me!
Hey Im 16 and not sexually active. I have been Gettin Blood Clots During My Days Of My Period. Some people say it might be Harmful to My body and others Dont. Should i Be concerned ??
I started my period a year ago at 13 and my period was off. I would skip months without having a period
. Then some random day I would just start bleeding. I would never cramp, I was perfectly fine.  My period is pretty much normal now, but now I am bleeding pretty heavy and having quite a few blood clots. I also have pretty bad cramping the first 3 days of my period.  Is this normal for a 14 year old ?
Is it normal to have a period for 3 months and hectic bleeding and passing blood clots I had a pelvic ultrasound done and everything is fine the doc put me on othri trial cyclen and I been on that for almost one month AI how long does it take for birth control to work
Ever since I started my period when I was 11 years old, I've never had a normal cycle. It would skip 2 or 3 months between periods & I've always been concerned about it. I was never a big goer to my doctor's and now I regret it because I'm not covered anymore. (My insurance was Medi-Cal). This is the first time that I've noticed blood clots in my period & became concerned because as of today, I've been heavily bleeding for 11 days straight with no light days. I'm very concerned about my health and don't know what to do since I have no health insurance. Advice? Help? Please.
I have had the same problem for many years now and each doctor I have gone to cant seem to figure out what and why exactly is going on down there..lol..they have put me on many trials of birth control with hormone treatments that for a short time works and then its back to the same oh thing with the clots and bleeding they have also done many dnc's that also had no effect on thr Colts or bleeding and when I had plead for a hystorectomy they tossed that thought out the window it has been 6 YEARS and counting dealing with the massive blood lose with many blood transfusion and many different trials of hormonal treatments and dnc's...I pop iron pills like tick-taks and im crossing my fingers that this new doctor will final. Do both of us a favor and remove it all together
I have been doing the same thing for 7 weeks now and still going strong. Of the 7 weeks, 5 have been heavy with blood clots ranging from dime size to like you mentioned, grapefruit size. I have taken many showers to relieve the cramping and many times the largest ones 'fall out' then. I have been to my gyno. who just wanted me to double my birth control pills for 7 days. That didn't work and I had to go to the ER because to constant cramping pain was getting so bad. After tons of blood work and other checks. I am anemic, obviously, but everything according to the ER Dr. was normal. How is this normal? He had me triple my birth control pills and gave me hydrocodone for the pain. I can't even work because of this. I tried to once and thank goodness I took several extra pairs of clothes because I bled through 3 times within an 8 hr shift. I can go through a super size tampon and thick maxi pad within 30 minutes on some days and I never know when. I'm only 29 and have one child. I would like to have another, but at this point I am really contemplating going ahead and getting it all removed.
Your period might take several years to settle into a regular pattern. If you're really concerned, talk to a doctor or health worker.
I had my last child last year and had my tubs tide at drist I did not really have a period then all of a sudden I had heavy bleeding and clots and socking a pad every 20mins for 9 days this happens alomst every month starts out light then the next day I wake up to a big mess I can't see a dor so I don't know what to think of it
hey i am 12 years old and i started my period a while ago but i  am scared cause it has more blood clots and a little heavy flow then gets lighter what should i do i am scared.
I am 19 been on my pireod for up two a year straight I.just passed a clot the size of a dollar but refuse to.go.to gyno cause I dont.like people to look.I need advice please
I'v had my period since i was 12 and im 21 now, my period has been regular this whole time. Today I realised there was a blood clot slightly larger than a paper clip but much thicker. I dont think i should be worried but should i tell my doctor since its the first time
hi i m 13 the exact same is happening to me im not active and ive been bleeding for 3 monthe there going to do an ultrasound they r  going to have to go inside my vagina did they have to do that? does it hurt?
I am 47 and I have some small fibroids and has suffered from heavy periods every since I got my tubes tied in my early twenties. I have also suffered from anemia off and on for years. Last year in May I had a Mirena Low dosage IUD put in. Periods were very irregular and short or long. But what was very strange is my periods have been heavier then usual for the last few months. It's was very odd this month. I used to have bad cramps but not the time before this one. I didn't have to take my Prēmsyn. It was a normal period finally. But then my period came again within two weeks of me having it already. No pain but this morning I got up and sat on the toilet and this big clot came out. Then I stood up to wash myself and this other big clot came out it looked like a cut of liver. I had never seen a anything like it. They may be just normal for me because they usually just be in the toilet when I use the bathroom.  But since I was standing up and it came out it got my attention. Has anyone else experienced this? I am not in any pain at all.
Hi I am writing concerning my 14 yr old daughter. she started menstraighting at 12. Her periods started to become heavy with a lot of cramping. I took her to our ob and she did an ultrasound and bloodwork (about a year ago) bc i was concerned about the heavy bleeding /cramping. She said everything was fine. About 4 months ago she started necon 7/7/7 birth control for severe acne and we thought it would help her periods too but it didn't.  She still cramps  about 3 out of 4weeks a month & when she starts her pd  she clots the entire time and some r definitely  bigger than a Quarter. In addition, her cramps are so bad she is always in bed with a heating pad, she's extremely pale, and so tired she can't go w/o taking a nap during the day. I voiced my concern to doc about this and the possibility of being anemic but she said everything is ok. This really doesn't sound ok to me and I could use some opinions on what to do from here. I don't want an undiagnosed condition to go unnoticed that will compromise her ability to have children some day. I'm looking for a new doc at the moment but trying to find a female ob in my area is proving to be next to impossible.  UGH! So any ideas or opinions would be so appreciated. Thanks!!
Clotting can be perfectly normal when on a period. But if it has you bed ridden for days sonething is wrong. You should definitely try different products like the diva cup instead of tampons which could help you get a good look at what your period is consisting of. But most important find a doctor that will listen to you. There are lots of Dr that just pass women's issues off and don't try to find out what the real issue is. They use to lock us up in sanatoriums because they  didn't know what to do! Now it seems they just look at us and smile and say it's normal. Don't let them ignore you and your daughter keep looking for answers.  
I am 21 years old and i had a miscarriage in 2012 when i was 5months pregnant, ever since then i've been having pains and clots during my menstrual cycle. Last month my priods wher late with 8 days nd when i had them it was heavy, i mean heavy bleeding with clots that lasted for few hours, then the next day i had a fluid which was pinkish and it lasted for11 days nd on the 12th day i felt some pains and saw a lot of blood with biggest clots i've never seen in my entire life, i couldnt sleep that night. Im still bleeding and its been 15 days now, im stressed. Is there anything seriously wrong with me?
Hey everyone
I'm in need of serious help I've had number of tests scans visits to the doctors no answer now the problem I keep having is since I very first had my periods they were always regular and heavy that was when I was 15 now I'm 27 and since feb 2015 i get the pains and feel like I got my periods but there no blood at all I don't have to wear a pad only time blood would actually come out was when i went to the toilet and would only last two to four days and it would happen the same time each month I've noticed the pains are a lot worse then usual and I have two kids had my last one was 21/01/13 and supposedly according to the doctors I've also had two miscarriages since feb to now in sept I thought yay finally I was getting normal periods cos I had to use pads and there was a lot heavier and lasted five days then oct I never got them found out I was supposedly pregnant but the day before my scan I miscarriages in the toilet but since that happened there still no heavy bleeding all I still had the scan done and my uterus is slightly tilted backwards this month nov I got those periods feelings again only spotting unless on the toilet that started on the twelve they should of stopped but they only did for like two days and this time the pains hurt more and seeing slightly more blood especially when I wrap down there but the one thing that's really scaring me is every time I go to pee there is always this weird bloody skin or liver looking  clot and there only one every time I just want to know what is wrong with me why is this happening all my tests result came back perfect please I'm begging someone help
I was throwing up for a week ; then my period was three days late . then its started & finished normal . ihad sex & now im bleeding & theres clots
Im46 years old and been going through menopause so this month my period camed early and I've been bleeding with passing clots for almost two weeks what could this be.
I've been doing this for 8 days and about 3+ grapefruit/baseball size clots a day. I went in 6 days ago and I was slightly anemic at 10.5 normal was 11.5. They gave me progestrone but it's not working after 4 pills. No one will listen to me and seem to act like it's no big deal.
Ive had blood clots and Im only 13. I also fainted when my blood clot came out. My mum freaked out and started slapping me. So i woke up i also had all this today.. can someone explain to me What this is because im scared