BLOOD CLOTS DURING PERIOD
LATELY I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF BLOOD CLOTS DURING MY CYCLE AND THIS MONTH I WAS HAVING A HEAVY PERIOD AND THEN WHEN I WENT TO THE BATHROOM I PASSED A BLOOD CLOT AS BIG AS A GRAPEFRUIT AND THEN MY PERIOD STOPPED NOW IT'S BACK AGAIN VERY LIGHT. I HAVE HAD MY TUBES TIED AND ALREADY HAVE 3 GROWN CHILDREN. SHOULD I SEE THE GYNECOLOGIST OR IS THIS NORMAL? I NEED SOME ADVISE
Thank you very much. I have called the clinic to get further advice. I'm waiting on the doctor to call me back. What was the fleshy clot?? If I'm not sexually active I couldn't have miscarried. That means that fleshy stuff was me!! It was really scary!!
Heres something scary.  After I delivered my second child I passed to clots the size of golf balls.  They were fleshy like you said.  Perfectly round.  Didn't have it with my first child, but did with my second.  Which could be from the nurses not massaging my stomach enough to get rid of the blood.  TMI I know.  
Well, look at it this way, at least it came out so it isn't in there anymore.
Lol, that's a good way to look at it, but the clots keep coming out... and they aren't round.... they are long andt don't really have a shape. It's just.... clots. IDK. I'll keep you posted if I ever get to hear back from the doctor. I live in AL. I called at 8:15 this morning... it's nearly 2:10 in the afternoon and I still have not heard one word:(
you must call again then.  be a nag............ haha
i had clotting ever since i started my period when i was 11 or 12.  i am 29 now, and had my utuerus removed 6 months ago.  turned out the lining of my utuerus was almost twice as thick as a normal person.  best thing i ever did because i still have hormones and stuff, just a spotty period because i still have my cervix.
Lol, I can deffinitely be a nag! I've tried calling her. I have an appt. set up for thursday morning at 7:45 p.m. I'd still like to talk to the doctor though. She's really busy though and no one will really let me talk to her. At least I have an appointment. That's only the day after tomorrow. That'll be better anyways because she'll be able to examine me. Anywho, as weird as this sounds.... that's really interesting to know about your uterus. I didn't know that happened to some women. Did the surgical procedure hurt? How are you feeling now?
i have a high pain tollerance.  the doc wanted me to stay over night, but i was ready to go home that night so she let me.  whenever you have bad cramping you might notice that is when you see clots.  that cramp is your cervix dialating to let the clot pass.  Now times that by say............1000 and you have pregnancy contractions.  haha.
My life is so much better now that I don't have my utuerus anymore.  I use to have to change super tampons every hour the first couple of days of my period.  Since I kept my cervix I will always have a little spotting due to the uterun cells onto of cervix.  The surgery I had is pretty much bandaid surgery.  The doc made 3 holes, one in belly button, and one on each side of my lower stomach.  There is a scare on each side about an inch long.  No one can see it but me and my husband.  Bathing suit even covers it.  
If after you have your children, and still have any issues with periods I would so do that if I were you.  I wish I would've done it a couple of years ago.  Man I gotta say Men have it so easy don't they?
Lol, yes men do have it easy.... and they still complain?!?! (just kidding, not all men are like that!) Anyway, I'm looking forward to having children one day. I also have a high physical pain tolerance. I don't have a lower tolerance for emotional pain... i'm a very tenderhearted person... but strong at the same time. But, yeah, I can't imagine hurting 1000 times more than I do when I cramp during menstruation. That'll be some adventure. Is it true that when some women deliver their babies... if the cervix  is really small the outside of the female will rip !?!? I've heard that's true and doctors have to stitch you up. That's sounds painful!
*****I meant that I had a lower tolerance for emotional pain than the tolerance I have for physical.***
I'm not sure about that.  I know that when females deliver that the doc may cut them down there so they don't tair because sometimes that can cause more problems.  It depends on the doc though.  I am like you also, I am tenderhearted but I also can get snappy if someone takes advantage of that.  No, after I had my surgery I did a complete situp to get out of bed without using my arms, and the nurses couldn't believe I did that without pain.  That can also be bad too because even though I may not hurt, I forget that I have to relax.  That is why I had those clots probably after my second child, because I was doing too much.  If you don't mind me asking how old are you?  You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.
I'm 21. Thank you for the compliment. I stay grounded but still have fun. I'm a very goofy girl and laugh all the time, but I do try to stay level headed at the same time. I know you're told to relax because you just delivered a baby and your body went through a lot... but what problems can come from doing too much too soon? (other than clots) Anyways, I can't imagine, nor do I really want to try imagining being cut in such a place! It's so amazing to me how women can bear so much pain such as having babies, menstruation every month, etc. etc... yet, we often need help opening a jar of pickles, or lifting things. We are very strong.... but need much assistance all at the same time... funny, huh?
Hi, i'm 25 years old. i just had my second child three months ago. i started back on the pill last month, I am now on my first 7 pill free week. yesterday though, i passed a white clot about the size of my thumb that was mixed with some blood. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing and may know what it is?
Hey all. im 20 years old and my last period was 3 weeks late. im sexually active and am always regular. Did 3 or 4 preg tests and all negative. When my period came it lasted for a week and was basically all clots. this has never happened to me before at all. is this normal? i have no idea what it is?
My period has been flowing for almost a month.  I'm only 29 years old.  This has been happening for the past few months now.  It comes on, I pass clots constantly, and then it continues to do so for up to a month.  It may stop for two or three days and then continue to flow.  What's happening and what should I do?
I have a question. I am 19 years old. Just got married lost month and for the last 3 month I have been have a lot of clots and cramps. I asked my sister about it and she told me she didn't know. I am scared because I have never had anything like this happen before. I was wondering if I should go to the docter or not. About three months ago I had cyst on my ovars.

Please help me. I am scared. My husband and I want to have a baby in about a year but I am scared I may not be able to have them because of all the problems I have. SO PLEASE ANYONE THAT AS ADVICE feel free to share.
I was on the depo provera shot for a little over 13 years with no periods.  I have been off of the shot since October 2006.  In January, my periods started back, however, I have bright red blood frequently, and almost always HUGE blood clots.  Sometimes I can feel myself pushing them out.  My period has been on since January, with the exception of maybe two to three weeks.  I am afraid that I am or will be anemic or worse soon if the bleeding doesn't stop.  I was told by a friend that taking birth control pills will help get things back to normal.  I posted this message on the boards, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to add my comment here.    If anyone has had any success getting back to a regular period, please share with me what you did.
i stopped taking the depo shot last oct i think, and ever since then i havn't had regular peiods they come and go whenever they want. althought i have now been on this period for like a week and its gottet to the point where it doesn't even look like a period anymore. i am just bleeding and bleeding  and it won''t stop. the blood is bright red. and on saturday mornig i passed a huge clot about the size of a softball, and i've been passing clots the size of a tennis ball and some the size of a golfball for two days now. it it so heavy i am wearing super extra tampons and a pad. i have to chang my tampon every 15 to thirty min b/c it leaks and fills the pad up. i am so scared. i never took a pregnancy test but its been about a month and a half since i had sex. could i bee misscarring and didn't even know i was pregnant. help me please. i see the doctor at two fifteen today but i'm scared.
is it okay to have sex while on menstraul cycle? just a curiousity question i mean i hear that its really not healthy but alot of girls do have sex but thats just strange to me!
im 22 years old and never been pregnant. my boyfriend and i have been trying for some time now. i once had clamieda and i was wondering if that would prvent me from getting pregnant? another question i also have clots nothinng big just the same size of my thumb. do that really means that my tubes can be blocked up wit something? if so how would i know and what can i do about that
I am 25 yrs.old.I have had everything from  ovarian tumors,cysts,hurnia's,cancer to my current problem a prolapsed bladder.I dont know if thats the reason for me having blood clots or not but its awful and why do i have them i didnt have them before.Yes i do have 3 children.I am soon going to have a hysterectomy for my prolapsed bladder witch will take care of the clots but i am frusterated with the way everytime i use the restroom all i see is clots come out n big ones!Is this normal?
if u had chlamydia long enough it could have something 2 do with u not coming out pregnant according to wht i know but if u treated it in time u should be okay...but you should have a doctor look at that as far as blood clots well i m trying to find out whats up with that it feels awful.They say its from bearing children but u said u havent had any children witch makes me wonder if it is something else?