BROWN DISCHARGE AFTER PERIOD ENDS
KDG
I KNOW THAT HAVING BROWN DISCHARGE AFTER MY PERIOD IS NORMAL BUTS ITS ALSO ANNOYING.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OF HOW TO GET RID OF THE DISCHARGE THAT WOULD NOT BE THREATENING TO MY REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM?  SUGGESTIONS OF HOME REMEDIES WELCOME..THANKS!
Okay here's the deal on my experiences with irregular bleeding at this point, and my trip to my local GP: I went to my local doc to get checked out by a nurse. BUT! She would NOT perform a smear test! (I feel it important to note that I am over in the UK at this point - things may work differently over in the US).

Over here, you have to be over 25 in order to get a smear test at your local GP, or else if you are under 25, you must go private... This, quite clearly, *****. She herself said it was pretty much a bad idea - telling me a time a young woman under 25 came into her office to get a smear test - her family having a HISTORY of cervical cancer - and yet, she had to be declined. I was pretty stumped.

She did however, insert some weird thing into me (that felt a little like a small torch was being inserted into me!) and have a look around (a cervix text, I imagine? Or perhaps a pelvic exam?) She said there was no bleeding and that everything down there looked perfectly healthy and normal, she also reassured me that the bleeding I have been having (brown discharge for just over a week, not excessive enough to warrant a towel, but still - pretty freaky to me) was normal. She also explained how this happened, and that it was pretty much dried blood that took a while to come out.

This brown discharge actually stopped that day too. All of this has somewhat reassured me, but I still feel uneasy and wish to be checked for any sign of trouble in my cervix. I can be a huge ball of throbbing hypochondriac fear, but I have never experienced anything like this before, and while I was waiting to go to the docs, I was frightened that I had actually NO idea what was going on down there... Anything could be happening in my cervix right now and I don't like not knowing about it. Certainly not if anything can be done about it!

I think for the time being though, I'll be alright. I cannot spend excessive time worrying - I will actually from now on wait until I know if there's something to worry about! If I experience anything else on this subject, I'll report straight back here. :) I know this can be very scary, but I just want to reassure you other women that it's not good to jump to any conclusions. Keep in mind that you just may not have any need to worry at all.

If you are worried, for your own sanity and psychological well being, do get yourself checked out for your own peace of mind. Also, DON'T be afraid of going to see a doc / nurse to be checked down there! Your health is much more important than worrying about something that these people see pretty much every day. They think nothing of it. :) Best of luck to you all.  
I have a question. Ok, I don't have sex very often seems to be once everyone month or two, and it seems like everytime I have sex I get a period a few days after even if I have already had my period for the month. And this time I'm have a brownish discharge with not smell. Has anyone experience that and what wrong with me?
I was spotting before my period and after my period. And i have bad odor. Sometimes I feel nasiated out if nowhere .. Idk what's wrong with me ?
I Had a discharge/spotting before my period ..then i got my period for 8 days and I am done now but I am still discharging or spotting ?? Idk what its is?? And i have a bad odor !! Idk what to do and Idk what's wrong with me
I got my period last month of november 2011. I bled very heavy. I was in excruciating pain. Alot of blood clots came down. Finally it was over after 10 days. I douche with vinegar and water. After that i experienced light red color to dark brown color discharge. It's been going on for 3 weeks now. I don't have the pain just discharge. Am i sick? Im gonna make a appointment with the gyn.
I had a baby on August 8, and my period lasted that hole month. Now ever month my period come on it last about 2 weeks but it be old blood and every time I have intercourse it comes back on. What do I need to do.
Okay, so i am 22 years old. I normally have a regular cycle of 25-27 days and it usually lasts for a total of 5 days (2 days of heavy bleeding and 3 days of spotting). This month, right after ending my 5 day period, i kept light spotting up until now (it's 9 days today). It seems like the light spotting decreases by day and it doesn't feel like i need to use a sanitary towel but still, the light brownish color along with a few dark brown spots doesn't seem normal to me. I have never ever had anything like this before since i started my period at 11 years old! I have had an abortion about a year and 3 months ago, though. I have been on check ups ever since and everything was fine. I haven't had sex for 4 months now and always used protection when i did. I took an std test a month ago and everything came out clean. WHAT IS HAPPENING??? Is this normal?? I am sooo worried! Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks.
since my abortion my periods have been 7-8 days long. My last one ended a week ago and I just noticed light bleeding like when I first start my period. Its a light reddish brown. Im sure its nothing but I cant afford a doctor to check up..any ideas?
I just finished my perios and i am not bleeding, but when I have intercourse there is a brown discharge and there is an odour to it.I have been with the same man for a year, and this is the first time this has happened. Does anyone have any ideas to what this is??
I've had it b4 my period lol
Does this discharge of old blood cause pain? I am suffering from pain in lower abdomen with a feeling of fullness in stomach. please help.
I've been getting the same dark brown discharge but the only thing is I get it before and after my period day after day until my next period starts and I've got check ups for it but the Doctors just tell me its normal that it could just be my birth control but before I got on birthcontrol I had the same problem..any suggestions?
I was also on the depo Provera, and it's going to take a longg time for you to have a normal month by mono yearsth period, possibly up to twoy years to be back to normal, the brown discharge could happen for two-three days meaning it's old blood, or implatation bleeding " but it is very rare to get that in women". It also could be because of something like an infection in your cervix wall, but no need to fret if it only happend after a period, or because you might be pregannt,
If it lasts longer than a week you should consult your gynocologist,
and get a checkup. :)
I started the microgynon pill  two weeks ago, and began takin it  on the first day of my period. Since then I have experienced a  normal period but after 5 days, which is usually when it finishes, i have been lightly bleeding every day. It looks familiar to  what it looks like on the last day o my period but i am a bit worried since it hasnt stopped for another week. I dont know if this is just my body getting used to  the pill or if it is something serious. Have you changed or started a new contraceptive pill ?
yep its normal i have the same thing like after most of the bleeding is done i'll have brown discharge until im fully done with it
I think we all have the same problem. If you have a period most likely you will have the brownish discharge at the end of your cycle. A day or two after my cycle the discharge starts to smell funny. I just soak in the bathtub. No soaps or bubbles, just water then shower at the end. Or I douchè with just water that works.
I am having the exact same thing!  What did you find out?  I am terrified.  I have never had anything like this, but I too am irregular and 43.  My youngest child is 10 so when I read that this could be pregnancy related, I almost had a heart attach too boot.  What causes the brown spotting?  
I am so glad that I came to this forum.  
I am 29 years old and I have always had a brown discharge after my period.  This is caused from old blood from our menstrual cycle.  But this time it was different.  My cramping was horrible the first day of my period and this is highly unusual because after I had my 3 children I do not experience alot of cramping.  But anyways, I had horrible cramping the first day and after that I was fine.  Well come the ending part of my period always comes the brown discharge.  Knowing this was normal to have I never thought anything of it.  But I started experiencing this very foul odor coming from my vagina.  It stunk so bad that it bothered me.  I went about it anyways and thought maybe it was where I was on my antibiotics for my tooth infection.  Well 7 days after my period I still was having a brown discharge and the foul odor was worse.  After having sex and smelling it the entire time I said enough was enough.  My family doctor is not in on Wednesdays so I looked it up on the computer.  I clicked on this website and started reading forums that all the ladies had posted.  I came across one that a lady had a tampon that was up in her vagina causing the smell.. I thought to myself no, now I always take it out.  Well I pondered and pondered on it and decided to check it out for myself.  After searching for about 10 minutes I found somthing that was not of the ordinary.  Sure enough it was a tampon.  Needless to say it scared the crap out of me and I am still freaking out about it.  But I am so thankful that God led me to this website and to reading the posts on here.  I am still currently on antibiotics due to the tooth infection but come Thursday morning I am going to call my regular doctor to make sure everything is okay.  I am just praying that God will allow me to live through this without having some sort of deathly infection.  Toxic shock syndrome is of course in the back of my mind.  I do not know if this tampon is from my last menstrual cycle or this menstrual cycle.  How would you know??? But thank you girls so much for posting on here. I am again so thankful i came across this website.
I have definitely had this before I get my period my mom says its old blood and it jut getting ready to be actual blood
I to have been haveing brown discharge after my periods. I went to the doctor. She said sometimes your uterus can tilt, and the blood dries up instead of drianing.
I too had the same problem this morning, and i have to say the smell was vial.......bin juice was what it smelt like!......my research came up with anything from cancer to menopause!....then I came across this forum, so I took myself of to the bathroom to investigate the possibility that I may have left a tampon behind....well to my shock horrow and disbelief...after 25 + years of wearing them......I had!.....so my advice would be to carefully check, before rushing of to the doctor.
Am havii noticed brownish discharge 3days after my period. And its still on now. Am worried cos am having back pain too. Ma period came earlier and lasted for jst 2days. Took a pregancy test yesterday bt came out negative. Any help pls?
To everyone yes the brown is normal when your period starts the blood isn't heavy enough to flow so it sits the same when it's ending . And for those who says have a strong odor use vagisil femine wash its a pink bottle it's great . But some people can't douche they may be allergic to vinegar and not know it and some if not most women who has ever taken penicillin gotten yeast infections perfectly Normal once again vagisil
I have endometriosis. So i get a lot of the brown/black spotting/discharge. 800 miligrams of Ibuprofen is super useful with heavy flows and spotting. Not only is it the recommended dose for cramping, but it also slows down blood flow and spotting. If u talk to your gyne/PCP, they will likely even prescribe you an 800mg dose (so not to tear your stomache up with 4 200mg OTC every 6 hrs)
dear friend
i have implant in for nearly 3 years i been on my periods 3 weeks now i losing brown discharge for 2 days now hunni i worried as well
i am having lower back pain and bleeding from my vagina its been going on for four months now and i am getting tired of it can anyone help me please thank you
did you find out what was wrong with you??

i'm experiencing the same thing right now and i don't know what to do....
am having the same thing, I can say the texture is also different. I often thought it was an STI and got treatment which did not work.
Ok Im just wondering if anyone has experienced this before I started my period a month late after having the IUD removed.  Well it started out Brown in color which isn't abnormal I know because my period was late so it went from brown to normal red to light pink and never filling a tampon the entire time. So I thought I had stopped my period and I had unprotected sex and started to bleed again it was pink and normal so i thought nothing of it figured it was left over blood. it stopped the next morning and I thought it was done then two days later I start to bleed again but this time its very light but brown again and there was a lot a cervical mucus and then a day later light pink almost not there and nothing since! i have also been having cramps after my period was supposed to be over really low and i usually have them higher up! I checked my cervix and it was mid point soft and open anybody have any clue cant pg test for two more weeks  got my first bleeding after IUD was removed everything was normal!
Vaginal discharge is a part of the menstrual cycle and its appearance and meaning may vary as per the stage and time of its occurrence. A lot of women experience brown discharge after their period. Of course, the reason for the same may vary from person to person. As a matter of fact, a brown discharge after the menstrual cycle is not always a cause for concern or a warning sign for any critical condition. There are chances that a perfectly healthy woman may also experience a brown discharge before, during, and after a period.
TO EVERYONE OUT THERE WITH WEIRD, HEAVY OR PAINFUL PERIODS:  please, please, please get yourself checked out for "girl" cancers.  My friend was diagnosed with Stage 3C ovarian cancer at age 24, it metastasized and spread to her liver, GI tract and stomach.  She passed away right after her 30th birthday, the cancer never really stopped coming back and they missed the first recurrence with the CT scan only to discover a very faint cancerous area when they did a PET scan.  Her ONLY symptom was heavy and sometimes painful periods, which her OB/Gyn chocked up to endometriosis.  There are studies that show that these kinds of cancers are appearing in younger and younger people.  Please don't take a chance with your health--if you are worried enough to be posting on this board, it's worth it to rule out anything serious.  And if  you do have a girl cancer, insist on PET scans or whatever is the most sensitive test(s) you can do.  For those of you in the UK, all the insurance policies I have ever had here in the USA authorize pap smears starting at age 17, earlier if you are on BC or sexually active.  I did have to fight to get a mammogram covered at age 30, but I argued that I had lumps and needed it, so they approved it after that.  But I would pay for my own pap smear if you are worried about it and it gets denied.  If you can't pay, there are nonprofits in the USA that cover the cost of a pap smear for needy people.  Not sure if there are similar organizations in the UK.  But I think if all else fails, I would send the Ministry of Health or whoever makes those decisions the latest studies on early detection of ovarian, cervical and other "girl" cancers that show the earlier the better chance for survival, especially when the person is young.  Evidently ovarian cancer can be very aggressive in younger women.  My friend discovered her cancer at stage 3C.  That is advanced cancer.  Earlier detection by pap smear (which gave a funky result and led to an ultrasound and laproscopic surgery) might have saved her life.  Don't take chances with your health, especially when I know so many young women getting cancer these days.  Several friends have had cervical cancer, which a pap smear should reveal.  If not outright, at least the cells will appear abnormal and warrant further testing.  My friend wished she had known the symptoms and gone to the doctor earlier.  After the cancer was found the second time, she wished she had insisted on the PET scan.  These are not regrets you want to have.  Please be watchful!
guys i really need some help!:/
i've been on the (take it every day, no breaks) pill for about a month i guess, and recently i finished my period and i noticed this kinda think brown stringy discharge. now this obviously is the effect of the pill because i have NEVER had it before. but it is reaalllllyyyyy worrying me:(

what do i do?
more importantly what the hell is it and how can i sort it out?
PLEASE HELP:/
I just finished my period and for the past two days ive been getting this brown, sludgy discharge and it smalls really bad. Whats wrong with me (if its any correlation, all the time i get white clumpy stuff between my clitoris and lips of vagina. Im pretty sure that its not thrush cus ive had that before) Helpplease, it really smells and im really embarased
waw am through this same thing exact same thing......i had an operation and after four yrs this is happening for the past couple mnths.
Omg I have the same thing.. everything u said sounded like me... the sick , nauseated part is the worst... did u find anything out yet
i have a brown discharge its a light brown but kinda thick its supposed to be the last day of my period and i have no bleeding just this brown stuff is it normal
I do have a iud ..it like 3years ago ..but last month I have two time a period ..it was on the 08 and on the 29 both of them for a week ..again today I just have another one can somebody tell me what going on on me..the doctor cannot find a thing....help me guys I am loosing my mind
I have experienced the same thing. I started my birth control, and I didn't get my period for 5 months. I finally got it almost 2 weeks ago. While I was on my period I experienced HORRIBLE cramps, the pain was so bad I almost went to the ER. I thought maybe it was a ruptured cyst. But the pain went away after my period ended. I thought all was done. But for a week now I have been getting this weird discharge. At first it was a light pink. Then turned into a redish brown. It's all liquid, not stringy and there is no smell. It's not constant. I'll stand up and just feel it pour out. Then it is just done for a couple of hours. Last night I went pee an like a clot came out of my vagina. No pain. When I had sex I took a peak at the condom after, and there was little brown clots. What could this be? I'm worried.
The brown discharge before your period Is perfectly normal and after.your just spotting.the smell is normal also cause its old blood coming down :) using a douch a week after ur period wont hurt that's only like 1 or 2 times a month.unless ur period comes on like 3 times,if so I would see a doctor :/
Hello. Im a 22 year old. Sexually active. I got my period last sept. 18 2013, it was slow and it took only 5 days. and the last two weeks ago, ive been experiencing brown discharge on my underwear. Could you help me?
Just adding to the stories of women who had the weird brown discharge a few days to a week after ending their period . . . and who turned out to have lost a tampon in there.  I read these, I looked for it, didn't find it, even after squatting, the whole nine yards.  It's been weeks, I am about to get my period again, and while going to the bathroom, it just came out.  I am so disgusted.  I am 41 years old, have had two kids, and have been using tampons since age 12. How the heck did this happen?!!!????  I had a doctor's appointment set up and everything-- I thought I had some weird disease of the cervix.  
Also wanted to add that the discharge started ONLY when I had sex, and then it happened again while running on the treadmill.  It was super strange-- dark brown, tons of it, and water, too.  In case someone wants to try and figure out if they have the same issue.  
I have irregular periods, and I am experiencing brown discharge. Days after my period it's thick and gross but then it's light. Is this normal?! I am NOT sexually active or on birth control pills.
I have the same problem
I am a 15 year old girl who just got her first period a month ago. Up until then I had experienced white discharge for about 2-3 years. After I got my first period, I had brown discharge which worried me but I didn't think too much of it. It may seem awkward but I will admit that I masturbate, and every time I finish, a weird brown slimy goo comes out. Up until now this has never happened. However ever since my period, it always happens and I am concerned for my health. If you know anything please let me know. Thank you.
you had nonstop discharge for 11 months after having an iud put in? and haven't tried to find another doc yet? wow. do you have any idea what an iud could do? can you still locate the string? using an iud can cause added chances in having things like ovarian cysts that grow to abnormal and threatening sizes. hope you have the good sense to see someone soon, if for nothing else, to have it removed.  good luck
I've had the same. I get chills and sometimes when I pee I feel I need to keep peeing when I really dont, like a uti. When I wipe myself I find light pink blood on the tissue and I have light brown coming down in which I have to use a panty liner pad. I'm planning on going to get checked soon.
Same happened to me but I learned that this is nothing to worry about, it's just old blood exiting out of your body.  but if it happens  for a couple of more weeks, get to a doctor immediately because that can be a sign of an infection or a more serious condition.
This really helps, im actually experiencing same thing, i had my mens done last 3rd of Oct. 2015, and now im having brown discharge with an odour, and somtimes not feeling well because of excessive thinking about it, theres some point that I can't sleep at night, I wish theres mo serious thing that will happen to me, pray for me guys :) my next sched to see my doctor is on Friday, hope everything is ok.