BV & loose stool question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

BV & loose stool question

Around October of '08 I was having symptoms again and suspected BV. I've had BV a couple times before this and its always hard for me to tell if its actually back so I usually go to the doctor to do a swab and check. He said I had a little bit of BV so he gave me the flagyl for 7 days.
While I was on the flagyl it turned my stool to this greyish watery liquid.. (diahhrea I guess) and it just happened like once a day whenever I would normally have a bowel movement. That type of stool lasted the entire week I was on the pills until a couple days after I was finished the medication.
it seemed to be going back to normal stools. after the medication was over.
I started a hi-potency probiotic during the flagyl and continued it for about 2-3months after the flagyl. I thought it might help to keep the infections away or something, but I noticed my stools were always very loose, soft, almost diahhrea ever since taking the flagyl + probiotics.
I kept thinking it was from the flagyl so i continued the probiotics up until february and then it dawned on me that it was probably just from taking the probiotics. I stopped those and once in a while I have a normal stool but the stool is still very soft usually and quite smelly. Also, I have to have a bowel movement almost right after I wake up in the morning. Last year, and before this, my bowel movements were normal and right after eating lunch.
All of this has changed drastically since taking the flagyl and I'm wondering what is going on with my body now?
Can you take too many probiotics? the bottle had 60billion in each capsule and some days i took 2 a day but mostly just 1. but are the effects permanent or cause damage to your body? i havent taken any probiotics for about 3 weeks now but the symptoms are still there most days (loose, very soft smelly stool in morning).. and I also have some frequent urination problems some days.
My period has also changed schedule since taking the flagyl, it used to always come on the 15th of every month and over the last couple months it was off by a week or two and now it seems to have settled to coming around the 4-6th of every month. is this bad that my schedule changed? it seems the flagyl and/or probiotics have affected my body negatively and im not sure what to do.
thank you for any help. please respond because i asked my doctor and he said the probiotics wouldnt have a permanent effect but this problem didnt go away yet. how long would it take for my body to go back to normal? or do i have another infection going on? help.
sorry also forgot to say the drug i was given for the BV, i said it was flagyl but im in canada so it was called APO-Metronidazole but i assume thats the same thing, just a different name.
I have the same loose stools. Sometimes grainy, not pleasant smelling. Totally normal stools before bv. Also my menstrual blood is riddled with small dots. Almost like tons of tiny uniform clots. Period has been super light. Used to be heavy and normal. I have not been treated yet. Trying at home remedies first. Have you had any of these other symptoms?