BV causes PID?
I had gotten the para guard IUD put in and shortly after was diagnosed with BV,but I know I had the bv for about 3-4 months before the IUD was put in,just never was sure what it could be and never went to the DR for it,anyways the medicine they put me on for bv in october did not work and i havent been back since,today is dec 27th and the past few weeks ive been having cramps in my stomach pretty painful at times,i was wondering what the chances of me having PID are?Please help i am freaking out about this.
getting BV after having an iud inserted is actually very common. it is more likely you had a yeast infection before and then when the IUD was inserted it caused the BV. Since you know you had this and the meds did not work it's pretty silly to just not go back to the doctor. BV can turn into more serious infections. No one on here can really help you, unfortunately. Research PID and match up your symptoms and make a doctors appointment asap.