Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Bad Birth Control Injection?
So I have been on Depo-Provera for many years. My last dose was last Tuesday, but I think maybe I was given it...wrong? The nurse seemed very inexperienced to start, but my biggest concerns are how much it hurt when she gave it(it usually barely stings), the fact that some of the solution actually started dripping out of the injection site for a while, and also that there was a big lump in my arm for several days afterward. Now it's a bruise, but no lump. I'm wondering...did she not inject it deep enough, and if so, am I protected? I know it is supposed to go into the muscle, but I wonder if the needle only made it to the fat or something!

Does anyone know...if a intramuscular injection doesn't make it into the muscle, is the effectiveness negated?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It does sound like it went into the subcutaneous tissue. But whose to say that a portion of it didn't go into the muscle. It will still get absorbed. I think, and I could be wrong, that it is put into the muscle bc it can be irritating to sq tissue which is why you had a sore bump there. Best wishes and hopefully next time it won't be a bad experience.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1417986816
Blank
KTowne commented on renae176's status
47 mins ago
2020005 tn?1417986816
Blank
KTowne commented on KTowne's status