Bad Periods
I have always had really bad menstrual cycles, they have always been very heavy and long and i have always had very intense cramps during that time of month. After about a year my mother (who is a P.A. ) decided that i should be put on the pill , which helped significantly for several years. Then while i was on seasonal i started spotting a lot and eventual switched to a different monthly birth control but i continued to spot and periods were consistently getting worse. I then took a break from birthcontrol, i went off of it and had my period and then took 10 days of i beleive it was pednisone to make the uteral lining sluff more and and then another period and then back to a monthly bcp. It didn't really seem to do much except make me bleed heavily for a long time, and now I'm having very very heavy periods and almost constant lower abdominal pain and lower back pain as well as some spotting...the pain goes from a little where it is just sore to where it is incapacitating and all i can do is lay there, nothing i take or do will make them go away. and my doctor has been pretty unhepful and my mother doesn't know what to do.
The only thing i can suggest is maybe going to a different doctor and explaining all this. A fresh doc's opinion might help you out a lot, and maybe get yourself a new birth control that is supposed to help lighten the flow? But i would just go to a new doctor and see what they think about all your sympto
sorry *symptoms* lol
I would have an vaginal ultrasound done to check for Fibroid tumors.  I had what you are describing and that was the problem.  I had a UAE procedure done to block the blood supply to the fibroids.  My periods are normal in flow and length of time.

Good luck!