Bad cramping and missed period after Tubal Ligation.

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Why do I have pain( cramping) in my lower abdomen after having a tubal ligation?
You need to get an ultrasound abdomen done as it can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis or adhesion formation after tubal ligation. The delay in your periods can be due to either pregnancy(mainly ectopic) or post tubal ligation syndrome.Tubal ligation is not 100%fullproof for prevention of pregnancy and sometimes pregnancy may occur which may be ectopic in nature.

Post tubal ligation syndrome is also common.It is often the result of a rapid decline of estrogen/progesterone hormone levels caused by the blood supply being decreased to the ovaries during the TL surgery.

Without clinical examination and ultrasound lower abdomen or hormone evaluation, diagnosis is tough. An examination by you gynecologist will be the best.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Avatar n tn
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals