Bad odor on underwear but not on me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bad odor on underwear but not on me?

My underwear smells awful in the crotch area - the closest thing I can liken it to is perm solution - and every pair I have is stained a dingy brown color and retains a musky smell and grimy feel even after washing.   However, my skin "down there" doesn't have this same bad odor - it smells...well, like it's supposed to.

I bathe regularly, I use wet wipes as well as toilet paper after going to the bathroom, I wear cotton underwear, I throw out the old and buy new underwear every six months or so (sooner, if need be), I don't douche or use scented sprays or feminine products.  We already use scent/dye-free detergent and dryer sheets because of my husband's allergies.  I hate it because I'm embarrassed of the way my underwear looks and smells, even if it's just me who sees it.

I am a little on the larger side and to tend to sweat more in the thigh/crotch area (I also have that problem of a little darkening of skin in that area.)  Is this merely sweat reacting with normal discharge?  How can I remedy this, or at least make it a little better.  I'd like to know how to prevent it from happening as much, and maybe how to treat the underwear when washing.  I've had this problem since early in high school (24 now), and it's always driven me crazy.  I have asked various doctors about it but they kind of just shrug it off and tell me "oh, it happens".
As long as your vaginal exams are normal, paps normal, and you have never tested positive for BV or a venereal disease, maybe it is normal.  I'd ask at your next pelvic exam to have the doctor swab for BV, but other than that, would just wear panty liners and toss them every time you go to the bathroom and put new ones in.
I'm 11 I'm having these problems too I didn't have a period yet but I don't know it might sound icky but i tried perfume