Bad reaction to a treatment or prolapse?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am ashamed that i have been dealing with this for so long and not seen a doctor (in the process of trying to do so)... but... In October, I had what seemed to be a yeast infection and so I picked up a treatment from the store. I just read on here a lot of complaints about them and wish I had read them before i bought it. Anyway, it was a 7 day treatment and after day 5 it was painful and almost impossible to insert the applicator. It brought me to tears. Now to this day I can't engage in intercourse. Not even a half an inch in and its like hitting a wall. Great deal of pain and a friend of mine mentioned possible prolapse when I described it. I am very scared and working on getting in to see a doctor. I was uninsured for quite some time now. Does it just sound like a bad reaction to treatment needing medical assistance or like maybe I actually have begun to experience a prolapse?
you could possibly have a reaction to the yeast infection treatment. anytime you place chemicals in sensitive areas such as the vagina you risk running into reactions.
if you have no insurance I would try to look into the local health department's Plan First program through medicaid. they could give you an exam and see what is what in there.