Banana Craving?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Banana Craving?

What does it mean when your body is craving bananas? I've been looking on the web trying to find out info on what my body is possibly lacking and cannot find anything. I'm only wondering because I generally never eat bananas because they give me horrible indergestion (sp?) but since the beginning of this week I have eaten 6 bananas so far, and I cannot stop thinking about them. I have 1 more banana in my desk drawer that I'm trying not to eat because I don't know if eating to many bananas can make you sick.
Thanks for any info on this. It's kinda funny if you think about it....I have banana on my brain....lol

Niki!!!
Bananas are high in potassium. I've never heard of someone craving potassium rich foods but anything is possible.
funny thing, ive been craving banannas too. yesterday i went to the banana republic, that just wasnt enough. that night i awoke in a banana sweat, i made muffins it still wasnt enought. i imediately wasnt right. i called my doctor and he said was probobly allergic to apples which is causing me to lose pubic hair and sparked a new interesnt in bananas. good luck im gonna go masterbate with a banana
jk, dont spam me
What's funny is that I'm not a really big banana person either, but today I've had three. I've been wanting them all day! I started my period this morning, and its symptoms have been particularly uncomfortable. I've heard that eating bananas is good when you're menstrual because of all the potassium, which reduces feelings of faintness. I don't know if that's at all what you're experiencing, but I think that's what it is for me. The craving struck when I suddenly got really emotional tonight, and I ate a banana and felt happy!
Also, I get the usual pms symptoms during my period rather than before, so if you're pre-menstrual that could be it too.

I hope that helps, banana nut. :] <3
LOL well done. XD
Hi, I've been craving bananas for the past 2 weeks. I eat about 2 bananas a day. Would rather have banana pudding but just want straight bananas. Strange because i never crave for bananas. Dont knw what the problem is but my pms symptoms have started but not in full force. Horrible and thats the usual.  I've been extremely tired and i really havent been eating my usual foods- pretty much anything. I dont even want sweets just basically bananas. I even buy banana/whateva other kinds of fruits juices. Crazy stuff happening. Maybe that's the problem- low in potassium - i hope this craving help my pms symptoms and not make it worse.

Banana cravings usually occur when your body is lacking potassium. Bananas are rich in calories so try having potassium suppliments instead.

All meats, poultry and fish are high in potassium. Also kiwi, oranges, prunes, spinach and tomatoes. Diary products are also high in potassium. Try to make yourself a healthy diet by eating a moderate amount of these foods before choosing to have potassium supplements. Make sure that potassium supplements are prescribed to you by the Doctor.

Ritianne
i have no answers about the banana cravings. just wanted to add that i've been craving banana flavored candy, while the thought of eating bananas make me want to barf. weird i kno, but i'm pregnant so that might be why.
Hey about your period rozo, I just got mine this morning too, I went to the market and saw a smoothly stand and saw the bannannas and really wanted one. The thing is I HATE bannannas, but I just some how had this feeling in me that it would make my cramps go away. Crazy ****, the body works in amazing ways