Bartholin Cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bartholin Cysts

I am 22 years old and I have had about 20-25 bartholin  cysts since i was 17 , my first one was misdiagnosed as an ingrown hair and lasted 2 weeks and grew to the size of a golf ball. I have had two marsupializations and a catheter, my problem is trying to get an ob/gyn to understand how much this effects my life and that i want the gland removed . I have to miss work sometimes because i am in so much pain and sometimes i cant even walk or sit . I just had a cyst last night it only lasted two days but it grew to the point where i couldnt sit and i walked funny . It is always on the left side and i can now tell the second when i am getting one . when it drains , sometimes it is internal , but most of the time the scar tissue from the surgery's rips and drains outwards, its a brownish bloody mucus that follows . I take the Epson salt baths and anti bio-tics along with T3s  usually I am given apo-cephalexin which i think works because then they only last about 2-4 days . I am worried there is not a permanent solution for this .
Bartholin cyst is felt as a painless, hard swelling.In such cases, antibiotics may be helpful, or surgical treatment might be required. In your case since you have been having the discharge even after antibiotics, a surgical excision of the cysts will be best.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.