Belly button discharge/bleeding

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Belly button discharge/bleeding

I have been to the doctors numerous times they always tell me it's some type of infection give me a cream and send me on my way or they tell me it's not an infection and they do not know what it is. My belly button has been bleeding almost constantly for about a year the area around my belly button I'd sore, I can't even sit up with out it hurting! Nor can I lie down without a sharp pain. It's a yellow red smelly discharge most of the time but on occasion it's just blood and alot of it. Enough blood that it has run down my stomach and has ruined shirts. I'm scared my doctors don't seem to give a crap and I just want some ideas to bring to a new doctor!
I guess I am not the only one stumped by this!
It may be a fungal infection and that can be causing irritation to the point of bleeding. Use the medicine your doctor is giving you and also try swabbing with alcohol 3-5 times a day to dry it up.
They've never heard of a urachal sinus?  Wow.  
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals