Aa
A
A
Close
1675455 tn?1328481707
Best soap for down there..
What is the best soap to use on your vaginal area? My gyno said that Ivory soap that BURNS soooo bad!!! I have tried vaginsal(sp?) summers eve wash and they irriate it to. I heard some off the wall crud at work that you should use only water.. WHAT? One lady she said she uses dawn dish soap, that is harsh even thinkiing about it!! I think she is full of shhh.  What do you use and what you think I can use:? Doctor did say that I should put hydocortozone cream. I am so worried to use that down there. Thank you for listening to me..
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sorry, Love, I just use water. Not too hot, and fingers only - no cloth meets my labia! Actually, I think the dissolved soap, shampoo, and conditioner running down your body is enough to clean. You mentioned burning, but do you have itching too? I only surmised because that would be a reason for recommendation of H/C creme. I have used that before, but I would be reluctant to use it longer than necessary. I only seem to get itchy down there when I try to deal with my fairly noticeable vaginal odour - pantiliners, powders, baby lotion or oils, fem hygiene sprays, etc...

I use none of these now, and have had little incidence of irritation for quite a good stretch of time! knock on wood! Make sure you don't have some flavour of infection (BV / yeast come to mind).
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
134578 tn?1463413330
I've heard of using a mild shampoo.  The main thing is not to rub the soap itself into the hairs or onto the skin there, but to just put lather on your hands and rub with them.  Otherwise it is hard to rinse off, and then you do get soap irritation.  Aveno also makes some wonderful fragrance-free body washes, and so does Aquaphor (look in the baby-wash section for it).
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1675455 tn?1328481707
Thank you to all. I am kinda on the chubby side so the soap can't trickle down there.. *blushing* but I will try to baby shampoo.. And the Hydrocrodozone cream. thank you both.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
22 mins ago
2020005 tn?1464196836
Blank
KTowne 11 more days until we find ... Comment
51 mins ago
2020005 tn?1464196836
Blank
KTowne commented on photo
4 hrs ago
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles