Birth Control Side Effects
Just curious as to how soon after your first started taking birth control you started noticing side effects, if any at all? ex. spotting, nausea, etc.

I'm taking Ortho Tricylen-Lo, any opinions or experiences with it?

Thanks.
usually spotting occurs if your dosage is to strong or not strong enough or if you skip pills.  The only other main side effect is weight gain, but it varies with everyone.  
heres a website with side effects:
http://www.thepill.com/html/ppil/about_side-effects.jsp??SOURCE=GOOG&KEYWORD=p
good question. I am back on the pill (tricyclen) and the side effects for me are brutal. I've been extremely nausous, my boobs are SO sore and I'm a raging *****. pardon my language.
so yes you will experience side effects.
nausea, weight gain, irritability, spotting, and sore boobs.
the good news is you will be 99% protected against pregnancy, so it's worth sticking out.

while we are on topic, I am in month 2 of being back on the pill. when is the nausea going to stop?? and it's not just within a few hours of taking the pill, I take it at noon, and am most nausaus around supper time.
I have been on ortho tri-cyclen lo for about 2 1/2 years now and I noticed a change about 2 months later. I had to go on it because I had severe cramps. I also gained a few pounds because of it but thats about it.
I'm on Ortho Tricyclen Lo as well, and I haven't really noticed any side effects. I've been on it since February '06. The only side effect I've had was spotting, but that was from missing a few pills. So I guess everyone is different.
I started a new bc pill related to Yasmin called Yaz that came out in April of this year. I had breast pain for the first 4 pills but after that there was nothing. I havne't gained weight, no mood swings, and no breast pain.  birth control side effects are usually related to the amount of the hormone in the pill and Yaz has a low dosage. bc pills are very personal to each person and effect everyone differently.  If you have side effects you hate you can go to your doctor to get them changed. Also it takes around 3 cycles to get rid of side effects if you choose to stay on your current pill. Either way, talking to your doctor about side effects is always the best and easiest option.