Birth Control alternative options HELP!!!
I have been on the pill for about 12 years… Recently circumstances prevented me from taking it for a few days… as a result, I got off of it (to reset before I begin again) for about 2 months…
about 10 days after I was off the pill I noticed that my sex drive was higher than it has ever been (as long as I can remember).
At first I thought that: 'perhaps this is what it's like when ovulating off the pill'…
However, when my sex drive didnt decrease at all (while off the pill); I concluded that this may be my normal, natural sex drive that has been suppressed by taking the pill.
Those 6 weeks were sooo nice… I felt sexier… I was excited about sex and enjoyed it so much more than while on the pill- I loved it…
I never thought that part of the way the pill prevents pregnancy & STDs is by reducing your sex drive ;)
With this in mind, I went to my gyno to see what I should do.. I got another type of pill with should of had less influence. A week after taking the first pill, my sex drive had decreased… I still enjoy sex and want it, but it is significantly different to how i felt those 6 weeks.
There must be something other than hormone influencing methods, that prevent pregnancy.
Besides: condoms & counting the ovulation cycle…
what about female condoms, spermicide, sponge, etc…?
ANY ADVISE???
Now that I know what I am missing, I have to get off the pill and find something els to prevent pregnancy…
If you are having side effects with the pills, then you can opt for birth control measures like Implanon or norplant. This lack of sex drive can be due to hormonal changes. It can also be due to anemia, overacyive pituitary gland causing hyperprolactinaemia or abnormalities in the production of luteinising hormone (LH). My sincere advice is to consult a gynecologist and get these possibilities ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks for the reaction, I had seen my gyno… she did some tests and advised i try another type of bc pill… i did that and it reduced my sex drive again (to what is had been for the alst 10years- except those 2 months when i was off everything)