Birth Control for clotting disorders

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Birth Control for clotting disorders

I have a blood disorder called Protein C defiency. In short i get blood clots at the drop of a dime. So any and pretty much ALL birth control methods are out of the question. the best one was supposed to be the IUD but talking to my Hematologist, he says absolutly not no way. So that just leaves me with a hysterectomy or tubal apparently. but upon research they both have the clot risk and are suggested that they not be performed on people with bleeding problems. My worry isnt so much on getting the birth control as much as it is for getting the extremely heavy bleeding and excruciating painful cramps to stop. I have tried everything. every medication out there. I have no insurance as companies wont accept me due to my preexisting condition. the pink card i have only covers the Essure procedure if its medically necessary. which it would be for me but doctors apparently lose money with it. so that canceld that option out. my options??? i have no clue. every form of female reproductive things have to do with clots. getting them somehow. I have done research after research for over 6 monthes and have come up with nothing. if anyone has anything that does not involve money, insurance, or BLOOD CLOTS and will stop the bleeding and cramping please please let me know. im extremely desperate.  thank you
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals