Black blood after period....how long should it last?
I read about how black blood after your period means that it's old blood in the cervix. How long can this last? I had a normal red color for about 3 days then it hit me with black/dark brown blood... it's been a little over a week. Is this normal?
Is it spotting or heavier bleeding?  Spotting can be normal, every woman will be different- but sounds like you might want to go get checked out just to make sure your hormone levels are in check.  
It's not heavy, it's somewhat light. Usually after the heavy part of my periods, I'll get a light/dark brownish black discharge for a bit but this time it just seems to be lasting forever....
If it's not heavy, I wouldn't overly worry about it- but I'm always a big advocate of getting to a doctor as a just in case measure!
Fibroids or cysts but see a doctor. Once you have this  black blood its hormonal. I have the same problem caused by the fibroids,  yours maybe caused by polyp. It is stale blood but there is a reason for it. All the best.