Blackouts .. ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Blackouts .. ?

I blackout like 20+ times a day. When i blackout i lose my sight, my whole body, face and mainly my lips go numb and sometimes i pass out or fall because i cant feel my legs. When i come to, i get a really bad headache, ive had my blood pressure and blood sugar checked and there both fine.. I don't know what else it could be. Please help
They could be ministrokes (TIAs).  Urgent to get this checked out.  Probably need a brain MRI.  
TIAs or seizures come to mind, as well as possible cardiac arrhythmias causing you to drop your blood pressure temporarily and black out (if your heart does this and doesn't get back into normal rhythm, you can die).  In addition to the MRI, you probably need an EEG, an EKG or a Holter monitor (long term EKG), and maybe other cardiac tests.  If this is really happening this often, you need to go to the ER, because it could be something truly serious.  Urgent care at a minimum.  You cannot wait to get this thoroughly investigated.

I agree with both of these posters. If you are blacking out 20 plus times
a day, this is urgent. Is it possible to go back to your family doctor and
have your doctor do a referral for further testing. Maybe an even better
idea as Anonymouse88 has suggested is to have someone drive you to
your nearest ER so you can get the necessarily tests as soon as possible.
Please seek urgent medical care. I wish you well. Eve
Yes, very very unsafe.  You need immediate medical attention to determine cause of blackouts.  What happens if you are driving and have an episode?  Dangerous.  Please see a doctor or go to the urgent care/er as soon as possible.  good luck
Im not driving yet, im only 17. This has been going on since i was 9 or 10. Im going to call monday to make an appointment i was askin to aee how many people are goin thru the same so i have an idea of what it could be
Oh, you are a minor.  You need your parents involvement.  You've been blacking out since 9 or 10 and your parents aren't working on finding out why?  Honestly, you probably won't get too far without your parents help as you are a minor.  Talk to mom/dad and get them to take this situation up. good luck
just a question are you pregnant that was one major sign for me while i was pregnant and put on bed rest....if.u cant fet into hyour family dr go to the er they have to treat you or atleast start a paper trail
I'm not sure what an er will do with a minor.  They may treat if it is an emergency situation but general care for a long term situation they are going to need parental consent.  You need to get your parents involved. good luck