Bladder infection??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Bladder infection??

Hi,  can you have a bladder infection without burning? I have to go to the bathroom more often than normal and it feels like my bladder is really full but when I go, it seems not enough comes out as expected. and when I'm done I get this bad presure right in the middle of my stomach. It's not sharp, but it's strong and very uncomfortable. the pain only lasts about 30 sec and then gone till I go to the bathroom again. It's been about 6 weeks sinse my hysterectomy. Is there a chance that it could be related? Maybe something has gone wrong with my bladder? I can tell something is going on, but not sure if it sounds like a bladder infection or not. I can't get in with my Dr. for another week. Should I just go in and see somebody else or just wait it out? It's been this way for almost 2 weeks and not getting better. I have been drinking a lot of cranberry juice in case it is a bladder infection, but still no change. Anybody ever experiance anything like this? Especialy after a hysterectomy? And a few weeks ago I fell really hard in the shower. I don't know if that could be related or not. I know I had to be careful the first 2 weeks after the surgery, but all that should be healed up by now, right?
I think it sounds like a UTI, personally. Regardless, just call your doctor's office and tell them you think you might have a UTI. They should be able to work you in today. Then you'll know :-)
If it's a bladder infection,  drinking cranberry juice that you buy in the grocery store won't help.  There's very little cranberry in there,  and LOTS of sugar,  which actually makes bladder infections a little worse.

Get cranberry tablets from the vitamin section.  They're marketed as AZO cranberry,  or other names.  When I have an infection,  I take two tablets three times a day.

Best wishes.
Avatar n tn
interstitial cystitis?  Worth looking into.
Avatar n tn
In case you don't want to go to the doc..you can purchase an OTC test from AZO.  My doc said they are accurate, and they may call something in for you if you take the test and its positive.  Mine did.
My last UTI...I had no burning, just pressure and a tingling sensation in my back/sides.  About 4 hours after it started, I got a raging fever.  Pyridium, and Cipro worked wonders for me.
Avatar n tn
Hi Nalla

I've not had a historectomy but I do experience what you described and have done all my life.  I had various bladder infections when I was little (about 5 years old) but I've not had any problems with them since.  I still have to go to the toilet a lot though, often 2-3 times an hour and my bladder always feels ready to burst.  My doctor said that everything was fine it was simply a case of my bladder being weaker than the average but all is okay.

Try not to worry about it too much, I'd definately still see your doctor to be sure.  Good luck!

Ren.
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
1 min ago
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
14 mins ago
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals